PDA

View Full Version : Might be time to break out the gloves...

ctjahn
01-21-2011, 06:15 AM
Issued by The National Weather Service
Milwaukee/Sullivan, WI
3:30 am CST, Fri., Jan. 21, 2011

... WIND CHILL ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM CST THIS MORNING...

THE WIND CHILL ADVISORY IS NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM CST THIS MORNING.

* TIMING... NORTHWEST WINDS AND VERY COLD TEMPERATURES WILL KEEP WIND CHILLS TO HAZARDOUS LEVELS THROUGH 10 AM ACROSS.

* WIND CHILL VALUES... WILL RANGE FROM 20 BELOW TO 30 BELOW ZERO THIS MORNING.

I love how the national weather service makes everything sound epic.

Willski
01-21-2011, 11:09 AM
We had the same thing here. Expected 30 below windchills. It was -6 with no thankfully no wind this morning, so it wasn't too bad...although I don't work outside!

wheelerlake
01-21-2011, 11:26 AM
The '89 MC is tucked away in the garage gladly giving it over to the snowmobiles right now! It's -12 on the thermometer but very light if any wind. Hope it warms up as I'm joining Women on Snow this weekend. The ride starts from Waube Lake just out of Lakewood and we go up to Townsend and Wabeno today, Lake Lucerne and Crandon tomorrow and a short run to Crooked Lake Sunday, back to Waube each day and Sunday for brunch before either saying good bye or staying to watch the fierce Packer/Bear game!! (Of course the Packers will win! GO PACK:D).

thatsmrmastercraft
01-21-2011, 11:27 AM
17 below here in St. Paul. My brother in Rice Lake, WI had -30 but no wind so it isn't all that bad. Nothing to get all worked up about.

Willski
01-21-2011, 11:35 AM
Nice and sunny here and it has warmed up to +6. Gonna be downright balmy by noon!

And wheelerlake, hope you have fun snowmobiling...but the Pack is in for a tough game. I think it is pretty even odds, but I'm giving it to the bears with homefield advantage!!

Jim@BAWS
01-21-2011, 12:06 PM
Sounds like PERFECT weather for the PACKERS to beat the SNOT out of the BEARS this Sunday

GO PACK GO!!! GO PACK GO!!! GO PACK GO!!!

You know your reading it to yourself !!!

wheelerlake
01-21-2011, 03:01 PM
I don't know, willski, the Pack looked pretty good the past few games. We were at the 1/2 game and some people said the Bears didn't care about winning, they had home field advantage anyway. If that's the case they should have tried to get the Pack out of the post-season and the wild card slot, not laid down and let them in. So, that said I think the Pack have a good chance given the outcome of that game. We've gelled at just the right time and a lot of newbies have stepped up at just the right time. If they play at the level anything close to the Atlanta game, look out Bears! With all the adversity we've had this year and to get to this level-look out Jets/Steelers, too!!

I'm with Jim, GO PACK GO!!!!! Jim, we've been to a couple of Packers bars down there to watch the games while we were there-fun times! We have a little place in Holiday right off 19 and alt. 19.

ctjahn
01-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Its up to +6 in Fond du Lac, Wi (Just warmed up the truck to make sure I can get home). No joke out in the sun it feels nice (all things relative)

BOATII is in the Garage which has been holding steady right around 33 degrees. Kicked the heat on for a bit this morning just to give it a boost to stay above freezing...(not bad for an OLD detached garage built a really long time ago {40s?})

GO PACK

Cj

thatsmrmastercraft
01-21-2011, 04:15 PM
Never did quite make it above zero. Peaked about an hour ago, and is slowly dropping. Oh well, just winter in MN.

timvan
01-21-2011, 04:46 PM
-30.... F that! I don't need anything cryogenically treated including myself

wheelerlake
01-23-2011, 08:58 PM
Awesome weekend snowmobiling, 160 miles between fri afternoon until Sat. around 5:30 PM, lots of fun with about 50 "Women on Snow" in Lakewood, WI. Fri afternoon was great, Sat. right around 0 to 10 above but a bit windier, -10 this AM at 0800-passed on the short jaunt to end the weekend. For the most part I was dressed well warm enough with longies, leathers and layers in between, 10 hour toe warmers in my boots, full face shield with a head/neck cover; and my handlebars on low. Trails were incredible for as much traffic as was out there and the fact we need more snow for the groomers to keep them that way. Fun after hours at Waube Lodge-DJ Fri night and Duct Tape 2 man great band last night. Great food and drinks at all the pit stops, couldn't have asked for more except...................

PACKERS ARE GOING TO SUPER BOWL, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D GO PACK GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

What a weekend!!

wheelerlake
01-23-2011, 09:02 PM
Sorry Willski!! Great game, though! You gave us a pretty good scare with your 3rd string quarterback! Our defense is just unstoppable with the picks we get. Looks like it might be the Steelers and Packers for Super Bowl....Go Pack, Go!!:D

JimN
01-23-2011, 10:29 PM
I was impressed by Hanie. He didn't have a ton of zip on the ball but he put it where it needed to go, even with the picks. That last one was there, but our guy sneaked in to stop the drive. The other pick that Raji took in and Rodgers' pick were a draw because neither pass should have happened, IMO.

Good, hard fought game.