PDA

View Full Version : Shipper from Dallas to Montana??

Viktimize
01-19-2011, 03:38 PM
I just bought an 09 X-35 from Dallas/Ft. Worth TX. And I am having a hard time finding someone to haul it up for me. I am in Alberta, Canada, so it would be quite a haul to come get it myself. All the shippers I was referred to by Dallas Mastercraft, only haul multiple boats, or are too busy for the job.

Does anyone have a recommendation?? I can deal with the boat being delivered to any of the border crossings in Montana or Washington. I just don't want to start calling numbers in the yellowpages, and risk having the boat entrusted to some fly by night operation with no insurance or what have you.

Thanks for any help.

H20BOY
01-19-2011, 03:49 PM
Contact Loggins Logistics in Jonesboro, AR. Talk to Jeff Loggins. They are a flatbed hauler and run alot of loads down here to Dallas/Fort Worth. Jeff is a good guy and they are a reputable company. Their number is 870-932-9231.

bobx1
01-19-2011, 03:53 PM
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=34498&highlight=midwest+boat+hauling

sand2snow22
01-19-2011, 04:34 PM
1st choice is Maristar 210, second choice these guys. Ask for Leah:

http://www.rvtransportservice.com/Contact.html

Jim@BAWS
01-19-2011, 05:01 PM
www.uship.com

Jim@BAWS

JohnE
01-19-2011, 07:12 PM
Definitely maristar210 if he has it in his schedule to do it.

Viktimize
01-19-2011, 10:00 PM
Tried to PM Maristar210, but I must need to have more posts to send PM's?? Can someone refer him to this thread, or does anyone have a number for him?? I found his thread, but he removed his E-mail from the original post, so I am not sure if he still uses it??

thatsmrmastercraft
01-20-2011, 01:03 AM
Tried to PM Maristar210, but I must need to have more posts to send PM's?? Can someone refer him to this thread, or does anyone have a number for him?? I found his thread, but he removed his E-mail from the original post, so I am not sure if he still uses it??

Message sent on your behalf.

Maristar210
01-20-2011, 07:04 AM
Thanks for the kind words but I am no longer doing that truck as I sold my truck last week. There are other services that have been referred on here with success in the end. Lets see if I can find some old threads here in a bit for you.

Viktimize
01-20-2011, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the kind words but I am no longer doing that truck as I sold my truck last week. There are other services that have been referred on here with success in the end. Lets see if I can find some old threads here in a bit for you.

That would be appreciated, thanks.

milkmania
01-20-2011, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the kind words but I am no longer doing that truck as I sold my truck last week.

bummer

it's got the potential of being good money, or it would seem to anyway :twocents:

Maristar210
01-20-2011, 02:26 PM
bummer

it's got the potential of being good money, or it would seem to anyway :twocents:

Hard on the Rig Brian.

Here is the Auto Kraft guy that others have used. Make your own decision but I think this is a good one.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=38805&highlight=boat+shipping

TayMC197
01-20-2011, 04:41 PM
I just bought an 09 X-35 from Dallas/Ft. Worth TX. And I am having a hard time finding someone to haul it up for me. I am in Alberta, Canada, so it would be quite a haul to come get it myself. All the shippers I was referred to by Dallas Mastercraft, only haul multiple boats, or are too busy for the job.

Does anyone have a recommendation?? I can deal with the boat being delivered to any of the border crossings in Montana or Washington. I just don't want to start calling numbers in the yellowpages, and risk having the boat entrusted to some fly by night operation with no insurance or what have you.

Thanks for any help.

Right price, I'll haul it...

pmkkdx
01-20-2011, 04:51 PM
ha, I'm with TayMC ... tempting just to do a road trip up to MT ... checked via Google maps Dallas to Sunburst, MT is around 1700-1800 miles give or take depending on which route taken... ~25.5 hours actual driving time (doing speed limit).

TayMC197
01-20-2011, 04:54 PM
I averaged it to be 2100 miles from fortworth, I have a diesel... so 4200 round trip.... easily 5 days driving, less if I get a partner...... Heck, I'd do it.... If someone wants to join me, we could split it... I have the equipment

TayMC197
01-20-2011, 04:58 PM
last boat I hauled,

19mpg unloaded
14 loaded

Jim@BAWS
01-20-2011, 05:40 PM
last boat I hauled,

19mpg unloaded
14 loaded

FOLD that bimini up and get 14.1

tex
01-20-2011, 06:05 PM
I think the wake boards help in in the turns!

Viktimize
01-20-2011, 08:41 PM
I averaged it to be 2100 miles from fortworth, I have a diesel... so 4200 round trip.... easily 5 days driving, less if I get a partner...... Heck, I'd do it.... If someone wants to join me, we could split it... I have the equipment

Well let me know what you think would make it worth your time.

mayo93prostar
01-20-2011, 09:32 PM
vik, words of caution, think about how to handle the unfortunate possibility if someone hauling your boat got in an accident and it got damaged. I think Maristar had insurance/bonding to do this but not sure. someone on here last year was hauling his brothers boat and it got blown off the trailer or something and caused a little issue among the family. part of the cost you pay a professional hauler is for insurance in case something happens to it in transit. Too bad Maristar is not doing it anymore but you got some other recommendations on here. Good luck and congrats on the boat purchase.

xbot50000
01-21-2011, 08:30 AM
Normal car insurance usually doesn't cover things you tow. But it's an easy fix. You just need to insure the boat under your house insurance. Most home insurance plans will cover the boat in tow. At least mine does....

sand2snow22
01-21-2011, 11:22 AM
vik, words of caution, think about how to handle the unfortunate possibility if someone hauling your boat got in an accident and it got damaged. I think Maristar had insurance/bonding to do this but not sure. someone on here last year was hauling his brothers boat and it got blown off the trailer or something and caused a little issue among the family. part of the cost you pay a professional hauler is for insurance in case something happens to it in transit. Too bad Maristar is not doing it anymore but you got some other recommendations on here. Good luck and congrats on the boat purchase.

Great memory. Yes, Maristar had insurance and it might have been Mag who got in that accident.....

cbryan70
01-21-2011, 11:29 AM
Normal car insurance usually doesn't cover things you tow. But it's an easy fix. You just need to insure the boat under your house insurance. Most home insurance plans will cover the boat in tow. At least mine does....

Why would the boat not be insured as a watercraft, insure it the same way you would a car....The only thing that extend's from the vehicle to the boat/trailer is liability coverage and that matches whatever liability limits you have on your car.

So You have your car insurance...and you have your boat insurance=covered for the loss

TayMC197
01-21-2011, 03:24 PM
Actually my insurance covers my truck and the cargo. So if I was to have an accident, it would cover boat and all. Since all of our trucks are insured under a farm style policy, it something we do for good measure. Cuase if we haul tractors, cows, equipment, etc. normally don't carry a highway policy... so we do this for safety. Plus I don't think my boat policy covers it on the highway. My truck is under my parents policy. Also I hold a Class A CDL.... I could load the boat on a peterbuilt and haul it, but that would put the cost extremely high....

Let me figure up some cost/time and I will quote you a number...

Jim@BAWS- I had the bimini out becuase we had a strong tail wind... lol So I was getting about 14.12 mpg's

TEX- the boards don't help turning, just help tracking on the highway...:D

cgrigsby
01-21-2011, 07:45 PM
I just had my boat shipped from MN to NM and used Ship New England, LLC. They were awesome. Very competitive pricing and their communication was great.
shipnewengland@gmail.com
Karen Scholl 319-230-6376

ScottHill
01-25-2011, 09:17 PM
Go to peteandersonboathauling.com. He is based in the Ft Worth area and has all the insurance and authority to do it. You can call him at 888-499-1677. He will do you a great job.