PDA

View Full Version : New Toys

gatorguy
01-18-2011, 01:07 AM
With still a few months before I can twist any of my family or friends arms to get wet with me behind the boat I'm going a little stir crazy. I've been working on the boat a bit the last few weeks and the boating bug has got me real bad. So Friday I went up to the MC dealer "David's Sports Center" and bought a new wake board and wake surfer. Now I must admit that I really don't know jack about either one (I'm a die hard skier), but the wife and kids want to try and I'm always willing to try new things too. Anyway the guys up there were great. They spent a ton of time with us answering all the typical lame beginner questions, and even pointed us towards the less expensive boards.

We made it out of there with a 139 Hyperlite Forefront with Remix binding, and a 5'6" Liquid force fish. Then as we were about to leave one of my 6yo twins had been eyeballing an HO tube that looks like a little jeep, so the guy turns to my boy and asks him if he wants the tube. My son says yes, of course. So he tells him he can have it if he can carry it to the car. That did it for me. I know its just a cheap tube, but these guys spent a lot of time with us, and then even after he had made the sale still took time to be nice to my kid.

Now I just can't wait for it to warm up a bit so we can get out there and use them.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-18-2011, 01:18 AM
It sure is nice to have such a great MC dealer. I have the same caliber dealer with Midwest Mastercraft here in the Twin Cities.

Great pic! :cool:

psychobilly
01-18-2011, 01:20 AM
you just got to love it when people treat you like that.

CantRepeat
01-18-2011, 08:29 AM
I like you am jonesing (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jonesing) pretty bad over boating, surfing, or just plain anything to do with warmth, family and fun. I'm barely getting by with a stereo, ballast upgrades and spamming TT with posts. I'll will never, well I say never, buy a boat in late Oct ever again.

On that note: Kid looks great and where's the photo of the new surfboard?

ski/hunt
01-18-2011, 11:18 AM
I with you on rushing spring here!! This is my first winter with a boat in the garage! I never realized how long winter is:). Now that hunting season is closed it's really dragging!!

ttu
01-18-2011, 11:50 AM
was david's sports center the one over in oklahoma city?

mccobmd
01-18-2011, 12:24 PM
was david's sports center the one over in oklahoma city?

Yes, It's on NW 10th street. Family owned a father and his two son's run it. Bought my X1 there and they did my ballast upgrade. Great to work with, Great people.

h2oskifreak
01-18-2011, 01:26 PM
That's the kind of thing that will never let you do business with anyone else, and why would you.

aaron.
01-18-2011, 05:07 PM
that dealer is a keeper.

looks like a good board for the kids cause they can grow into it.

BNIROOSTER
01-18-2011, 05:10 PM
With still a few months before I can twist any of my family or friends arms to get wet with me behind the boat I'm going a little stir crazy. I've been working on the boat a bit the last few weeks and the boating bug has got me real bad. So Friday I went up to the MC dealer "David's Sports Center" and bought a new wake board and wake surfer. Now I must admit that I really don't know jack about either one (I'm a die hard skier), but the wife and kids want to try and I'm always willing to try new things too. Anyway the guys up there were great. They spent a ton of time with us answering all the typical lame beginner questions, and even pointed us towards the less expensive boards.

We made it out of there with a 139 Hyperlite Forefront with Remix binding, and a 5'6" Liquid force fish. Then as we were about to leave one of my 6yo twins had been eyeballing an HO tube that looks like a little jeep, so the guy turns to my boy and asks him if he wants the tube. My son says yes, of course. So he tells him he can have it if he can carry it to the car. That did it for me. I know its just a cheap tube, but these guys spent a lot of time with us, and then even after he had made the sale still took time to be nice to my kid.

Now I just can't wait for it to warm up a bit so we can get out there and use them.

I think the majority of us are really aching for some warmer weather and for some semblance of boating season to start. It sounds like you got a great dealer where you are at....wish I had one here where I'm at!

gatorguy
01-18-2011, 11:29 PM
Here is the surfer and my littlest surfer, and the "free" tube. I had thought about buying online, but these guys were actually the same price if not cheaper, and I just have something about supporting the small shops with real people in them. If you don't spend your money at the small guys shop pretty soon there will not be a small guy, and we'll just be left with wal-mart and China.

I'm still looking for a real tube. Before everyone blasts me about tubing I already know. Most everyone including myself hate them. But that being said I have 5 kids 4 of which are 9 or younger. They want to tube, so what's a dad to do? I'm getting mine a tube, and I'm gonna try my hardest to make skiing look 1000 times better then tubing.

Now back to my question... Has anyone tried one of the big barf balls? They look kind of fun. I'm sure the novelty would wear off in a hurry, and then you'd be left with this huge plastic thing taking up all the room in the boat. The other one I was thinking of was one of the HO atom or Ion. Any comments especially on the HO tubes would be great.