PDA

View Full Version : Perfectpass S system?

aswile
01-17-2011, 10:16 PM
I have been looking around for used PP equipment and found a servo and a Perfectpass S system master module. Can anyone tell me what the S system is and how it compares to wakeboard/digital pro? If anyone has some old non-dbw PP parts I would be interested :)

Thanks,
Andy

ProStar Slalom
01-18-2011, 08:23 AM
Not sure...but give the guys at PP a call or send them an email; their website has the contact info...they've always been very responsive for me.

east tx skier
01-18-2011, 09:49 AM
Never heard of a system called S, unless the "S" stands for Stargazer.

aswile
01-19-2011, 08:36 AM
Perfectpass Emailed me back- the S system is an RPM based system with no digital readout so it depends on the tachometer for reference. Not at all what I am looking for- it sounds like a less desirable version of MC cruise. I will continue my search for digital pro/wakeboard pro.

Thanks for the help

east tx skier
01-19-2011, 10:12 AM
I would pass on that. Save up for the real deal. I have never regretted that purchase.

ddanenberger
01-19-2011, 10:56 AM
I agree, I have used the Stargazer system and it works incredibly well on a servo system. The guys at PP as great to work with, installation is simple and quick, let alone it works extremely well.

ProStar Slalom
01-19-2011, 12:57 PM
Yep, as many on here would agree, adding perfect pass or another similar speed control system is the best upgrade you can make to a watersports boat....doesn't matter whether you wakeboard, slalom, trick, jump, barefoot, etc. And for those with a wife for a driver, it WILL save a marriage!

bturner2
01-19-2011, 01:08 PM
I'm upgrading my 07 X2 to Stargazer this spring and will have the controll box and any other parts that are replaced by Stargazer. Only problem is that I won't have access to the boat until March.

rjracin240
01-19-2011, 07:32 PM
Dont know too much about the star gazer and perfect pass.......but was on the dark side lurking and noticed this. Might be cheaper in the long run.

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=20272&title=group-buy-perfect-pass-star-gazer

aswile
01-20-2011, 07:32 AM
I am going to pass- I'll wait until I can find the right unit.

aswile
01-20-2011, 07:34 AM
Thanks for the offer, but I need the mechanical unit, not the DBW. That is the problem- plenty of DBW upgrades. I would love the stargazer group buy that rjrracin brought up, but I can't afford $1000 at the moment. I'm just trying to do it on the cheap :)