PDA

View Full Version : X80 and general Mastercraft questions

ColdTurkey
01-17-2011, 06:01 PM
G'day, I 've got a few questions I was hoping you guys might be able to help me with.

1. Does anyone know how to remove the port side ballast tank from an x80?

2. I have the factory silent master exhausts with my ly6's in my x80 but one of the baffles with the MC logo on it has snapped out of the exhaust tip and been lost to the bottom of the lake. Will this cause problems with water back pressure in the exhaust? (basically will it cause damage to the engines?)

3. Will the tower mirrors from other X model boats fit the X80 tower?... If yes.. Does anyone have two of these http://www.mastercraft.com/market/showproduct.php?product=3259 they want to sell me?

4. The X80 has two ballast tanks and two ballast pumps but I've noticed that the control box for them has markings on it for the KGB ballast pump as well. Is it a big effort to wire up the third ballast pump? Does the control box have the required electronics or are they just reusing the housing?

... I think that's it for the moment. I'm sure there will be more once I've got all of this sorted out ;) Cheers guys and Happy New Year.

ColdTurkey
01-19-2011, 12:21 AM
Solved the exhaust problem... Eventually found a post that cleared it up.

Managed a work around for the extra ballast setup.

Still keen to hear if anyone knows how to remove the port ballast tank or about the tower mirrors.

Cheers for any help.

psychobilly
01-19-2011, 02:07 AM
Man I can't believe no one has chimed in to help here on this. I have read a load of stuff in here about bags and such so it seams like someone would have relied by now. I reckon everyone is on vacation snow ski'n or sum'n cuz I to posted some stuff and ain't got many responses... I can't help ya but I'm sure someone will come along soon that knows exactly what you're talk'n bout.

catch ya

ColdTurkey
01-19-2011, 03:05 AM
Yeah, Cheers Psychobilly. I've checked as many posts as I can about removing the tank but no luck so far. At this point I don't even know how to remove the hard cover above the tank but I'm pretty sure it's a row of screws around the edge under the carpet. I'm going to have another look tomorrow and if I work it out I'll be sure to post it. I'm sure someone will read it and have an idea eventually.

Thanks for the spam Aqupussy, you wanker.

CantRepeat
01-19-2011, 07:05 AM
Man I can't believe no one has chimed in to help here on this. I have read a load of stuff in here about bags and such so it seams like someone would have relied by now. I reckon everyone is on vacation snow ski'n or sum'n cuz I to posted some stuff and ain't got many responses... I can't help ya but I'm sure someone will come along soon that knows exactly what you're talk'n bout.

catch ya

Yeah, lots of folks are doing custom sacs, pumps, plumbing but not to many are fortunate enough to have and X80 to work on.

There is a thread running in General MC chat about pulling out hard tanks on an Xseries boat but not and X80. It might help.

ColdTurkey
01-19-2011, 04:34 PM
I've had a good browse through the threads but can't find anything too helpful yet.

I knew there wouldn't be too many people out there playing around with X80's but I thought maybe a couple of people may have.

My eventual plan it to repair or replace the port ballast tank and then add another huge one on top for surfing.

I'm trying to eliminate a bit of bow rise while boarding too because using the trim tabs just stuffs the wake. With 5 to 6 people in the front the wake it throws is pretty well perfect so I'm going to install a larger centre tank and two in the bow.... eventually.

I'll be sure to take pictures and post what I've done if others are planing on adding ballast to there 80's.

flipper
01-19-2011, 04:44 PM
Not too many X80's floating around here

aaron.
01-19-2011, 04:50 PM
lets see this boat of yours sir!!

CantRepeat
01-19-2011, 05:07 PM
lets see this boat of yours sir!!

Excellent post, we need to see the boat. :D

ColdTurkey
01-19-2011, 05:24 PM
Yeah sure thing.

http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss99/BoganDave/DSCN0082.jpg

http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss99/BoganDave/IMG_1541.jpg

http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss99/BoganDave/IMG_4356.jpg

ColdTurkey
01-19-2011, 06:29 PM
Ok I just measured the diameter of the tower and it's 2.9 inches... Are the other X towers the same diameter?

I need 2 complete brackets with the arms for the mirrors (don't need the mirrors) and 2 brackets without the arms.

CantRepeat
01-19-2011, 06:38 PM
Nice wrap!

ColdTurkey
01-20-2011, 02:45 AM
Cheers, Yeah it took me ages to choose which wrap I wanted.. Glad I got that one though.

For anyone interested,.. it is impossible to remove the port ballast tank from the X80 without removing most of the boat. I've taken the panel off of the top, it had hidden stainless screws around the edge of it. The tank is light enough to easily move it around but there is no way to manoeuvre it out. At least I can spin it around and repair the leak.... when I find it.

You might be able to completely remove it if you pulled out the batteries, panel with the isolators on it and the sea strainers... Maybe the engine... I just gave up and will try to fix it where it is.

aaron.
01-20-2011, 08:45 AM
mother of god. you don't by any chance want to adopt me, do you??? haha :D

TXMC-06X2
01-20-2011, 09:23 AM
Thats a big bada$$ boat. Love the wrap!!

cbryan70
01-20-2011, 01:26 PM
Cheers, Yeah it took me ages to choose which wrap I wanted.. Glad I got that one though.

For anyone interested,.. it is impossible to remove the port ballast tank from the X80 without removing most of the boat. I've taken the panel off of the top, it had hidden stainless screws around the edge of it. The tank is light enough to easily move it around but there is no way to manoeuvre it out. At least I can spin it around and repair the leak.... when I find it.

You might be able to completely remove it if you pulled out the batteries, panel with the isolators on it and the sea strainers... Maybe the engine... I just gave up and will try to fix it where it is.

If you dont want the tank just use a sawzaw and cut the thing in half and pull it out :D take video please

ColdTurkey
01-20-2011, 03:08 PM
Cheers for the good comments. Sorry, can't adopt you Aaron, I've already got an X80 to feed.

I thought about cutting out the tank and replacing it with a huge sack but I'd like to be able to keep an even fill on the back so we can surf both sides of the wake. I can't put a bigger sack on the other side because that's where the tank for the sink and the fridge lives.

I'll take some photos of it today and attempt to repair it. Hope to get it done today because I have a big weekend of surfing and boarding planned.

Any of you guys with other X series boat feel like measuring the diameter of your tower for me?

shepherd
01-20-2011, 04:35 PM
I'm still trying to get my mind used to the idea of a Mastercraft with a sink and a fridge. ;)

Those boats are beasts. :worthy:

ColdTurkey
01-20-2011, 04:56 PM
The fridge is awesome, it fits a carton of beer perfectly and I don't need to stuff around with ice. In truth I haven't found a use for the sink yet... May turn it into a vodka dispenser for the ladies. :D

I removed the toilet and I just use that room for storage, keeps the baot nice and clean and with 10 people on board there is still a ton of room.