PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Boat show review

CottagerGreg
01-15-2011, 05:55 PM
Well Toronto has it's annual boat show, being that Toronto is right by one of the largest boating areas in the world it's typically fairly busy.

Unlike many shows like Miami for example, it is mainly focused on trailerable boats and cruisers less than 50' long.

Suprised the tow boat market was showing a lack of representation from Malibu. That brand has been showing a lot of issues with dealers lately. I don't think I've seen any new Malibu's on the water in my area at all.

Mastercraft is rep'd by Buckeye Marine (very well established and known in the community) and Sun & Ski (but let's not go there). They had a x-star, 2 x X-2, x-25, x-14, x-14v, x-15 on display. Also we had rep from Supra (couple boats), Moomba (couple boats), Centuron (3 boats) and Nautiques. (all models)

Here are some pics I have on fb from my point and shoot. Let me know if people can't view and I'll throw up on my photobucket tomorrow.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=355225&id=514381981&l=a9f8fe323f

medicmoose
01-15-2011, 06:17 PM
Great pics...thanks for posting them! I wish I lived a little closer to Toronto to take in the show!

That tower on the Nautique is looking a little different...going to the two-point attachment as well. I will love to hear feedback from folks after using towers like that and the new MC power tower.

vision
01-15-2011, 06:52 PM
Thanks for posting. Did you happen to check out the power tower for stability? I know there was concerns about lateral sway.

Tige makes a sharp looking boat. But is it me or are their towers 8 to 12 inches lower than the other manufacturers? Or are their gunwales that much higher?

Double D
01-15-2011, 07:32 PM
Great pictures. Not many direct drives which sucks! IMO

Even that Ilmor engine was backwards.. :rolleyes:

ShawnB
01-15-2011, 08:15 PM
Nice pictures. I went to the Providence (RI) boat show today and saw exactly 0 inboards. All of the lake boats were Sea Ray, Bayliner, and pontoon boats.

Did you try the cable? It looked cold from the videos I saw posted on Wakeworld!

Jorski
01-16-2011, 12:25 PM
I was there on Friday..lots to see...it was really too bad that the Mastercraft display didn't have a 190/197/X-7 there.

Just a poorly informed Sun and Ski rep that lectured me that one of the big V-drives was just as good for slalom as a 197, as the AWSA had approved both of them. :( BTW, not a fan of these guys...but that's another story for another time.

Anyhow..Nautique had their 200, in both open and closed bow there.

Double D
01-16-2011, 02:12 PM
I was there on Friday..lots to see...it was really too bad that the Mastercraft display didn't have a 190/197/X-7 there.

Just a poorly informed Sun and Ski rep that lectured me that one of the big V-drives was just as good for slalom as a 197, as the AWSA had approved both of them. :( BTW, not a fan of these guys...but that's another story for another time.

Anyhow..Nautique had their 200, in both open and closed bow there.

Now thats funny!! :uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

Nice to see Nautique brought the 200's. Lest we forget where it all started...

CottagerGreg
01-16-2011, 06:27 PM
ya lets not get into sun & ski....

I do know that they (mastercraft) had a direct drive x-14 on display. And truthfully most 197 or 190 owners know the boat they want due to experience.

The true ski boat market is small up here.

I know on my lake there are a few die hards and many rocking their older 190's and stars and stripes.

Alan
01-16-2011, 09:04 PM
Thanks for posting the pictures Greg.

ALH

CottagerGreg
01-16-2011, 10:31 PM
Thanks for posting. Did you happen to check out the power tower for stability? I know there was concerns about lateral sway.

Tige makes a sharp looking boat. But is it me or are their towers 8 to 12 inches lower than the other manufacturers? Or are their gunwales that much higher?

The power tower did look "cool" and Jay from Buckeye made a great point with the power tower. You can trailer with it down reducing your overhead clearance and also help with fuel economy. Also can't forgot about not having to scrub the bugs off too!

I wonder how the tower mounting points are done... old tower has 4 mounting points and the power tower only has two......

lintwurm
01-17-2011, 07:58 AM
Medic I was on a SAN 230 two weeks ago and the tower was steady. It also had the cargo rack which worked well. Still love my 2000 XStar Zero flex tower though. Old but solid