PDA

View Full Version : question about the zft5p tower

mastercraft210
01-09-2011, 02:04 PM
I have a question about the new tower from the mastercraft.
Yesterday i ordered a new x 25 with the new tower on it.I ordered him with 4 speakers and 2 fwd lights.Are there no lights availeble in the towerspeakers any more?
I am searching on the internet but i can't see any good photos or data on the www.

ddanenberger
01-09-2011, 02:48 PM
here are a few from our visit lst month. We did not see any of the towers with lights, but were told that the new speakers would not hold lights and they were separate. They did not have any to look at. We ordered X25 with front lights and the new tower. Our delivery date is the 28th. I can send you a photo at that time.

ddanenberger
01-09-2011, 02:52 PM
here are a couple more

mastercraft210
01-09-2011, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the reply's.
I would like to see the foto's the 28.
The first boatshow is in about 2 weeks here but i don't think that there is one powertower on the boats.

ddanenberger
01-09-2011, 04:07 PM
I would be surprised if they don't have one thier. over 75% of the boats being build or on the lot had the power tower. Unfortunately none had lights.

vision
01-09-2011, 04:13 PM
Anyone have an image of a bimini on the power tower?

ddanenberger
01-09-2011, 04:20 PM
our dealer indicated it is still not avalable. We wil be taking delivery with the top to follow at a later date. I hope it is sooner than later. It would be nice to have the boat together prior to spring.

mastercraft210
01-09-2011, 04:30 PM
The dealer in the Netherlands only sold one with the powertower.Mine boat is the second one.
The price you pay on top of the tft3 tower is a lot of money but its new so i like it.
On the boatshow i know there are only 3 boats.One 300 one 35 and one 55.It is not like in the States.

There is no tower mirror availeble and no bimini.Only a cargo rack but for tall people that is no solution.
I no for sure there will be one in the following off this year.I should not be that hard top make,

MIskier
01-10-2011, 12:49 PM
I have a question about the new tower from the mastercraft.
Yesterday i ordered a new x 25 with the new tower on it.I ordered him with 4 speakers and 2 fwd lights.Are there no lights availeble in the towerspeakers any more?
I am searching on the internet but i can't see any good photos or data on the www.

I have heard that the lights will be mounted on the side of the upper access panal

TallRedRider
01-10-2011, 08:52 PM
our dealer indicated it is still not avalable. We wil be taking delivery with the top to follow at a later date. I hope it is sooner than later. It would be nice to have the boat together prior to spring.

I think that is lame to not have this figured out before mass producing the tower. On the other hand, I am glad that they are taking their time to make sure it is functional, and not releasing something that people are going to be unhappy with. If they do release a lame bimini...it would be something I would not forget. MC is supposed to be leading the pack here.

I can see a lot of problems already...What happens when some yo yo decides to put the tower down while the bimini is deployed? I think it would be difficult to design a bimini that can even stay bolted and strapped to the tower while it drops.

ddanenberger
01-10-2011, 08:55 PM
while at the factory we were told engineering completed the design, but sales did not like the appearence. I was impressed by the effort and testing put into the tower. I hope the same attention is made in the top.

vision
01-10-2011, 09:10 PM
I think that is lame to not have this figured out before mass producing the tower. On the other hand, I am glad that they are taking their time to make sure it is functional, and not releasing something that people are going to be unhappy with. If they do release a lame bimini...it would be something I would not forget. MC is supposed to be leading the pack here.

I can see a lot of problems already...What happens when some yo yo decides to put the tower down while the bimini is deployed? I think it would be difficult to design a bimini that can even stay bolted and strapped to the tower while it drops.

Since the top of the tower stays parallel to the boat as it is lowered, if the side supports for the bimini had sliding supports with a tension band, it should allow the bimini to stay flat as it was lowered. That would be a huge benefit to help keep folks dry when it sudden began to rain.

snork
01-10-2011, 10:27 PM
something in the line of a Z5 cargo bimini would work great

scott023
01-11-2011, 09:45 AM
Since the top of the tower stays parallel to the boat as it is lowered, if the side supports for the bimini had sliding supports with a tension band, it should allow the bimini to stay flat as it was lowered. That would be a huge benefit to help keep folks dry when it sudden began to rain.

This is supposed to be one of the BIG advantages to the new tower. I guess we'll have to wait and see how functional it is come spring. I would've thought the bimini issues would've been solved prior to installing the new tower... why make the customer bring the boat back to the dealers to have it installed?

ShawnB
01-11-2011, 10:03 AM
I was never a fan of the auto tower until I spent some time in Winter Park last month. The canals that connect the chain of lakes have very low bridges. Even though other manufacturers are using other ways to make towers easily foldable, being able to do it with a button is very cool. Looking at the houses on this lake I don't really think price is an object.

That said, the convenience of a motorized tower is somewhat diminished if you have to manually move the Bimini before lowering it. I hope whatever they come up with conforms to the spirit of the power-tower and doesn't require everyone to move to the bow of the boat.

scott023
01-11-2011, 10:12 AM
I was never a fan of the auto tower until I spent some time in Winter Park last month. The canals that connect the chain of lakes have very low bridges. Even though other manufacturers are using other ways to make towers easily foldable, being able to do it with a button is very cool. Looking at the houses on this lake I don't really think price is an object.

That said, the convenience of a motorized tower is somewhat diminished if you have to manually move the Bimini before lowering it. I hope whatever they come up with conforms to the spirit of the power-tower and doesn't require everyone to move to the bow of the boat.

I'll go out on a limb and guess that the bimini will adjust with the tower. They have already made the speakers and board racks level with the tower, would be more than surprised if the bimini doesn't as well.

ShawnB
01-11-2011, 10:36 AM
I think you're right but given how low the tower goes, will a person still be able to sit or even drive under it while down?

scott023
01-11-2011, 10:46 AM
I think you're right but given how low the tower goes, will a person still be able to sit or even drive under it while down?

At it's lowest point? No, it was designed to fit in your garage. But, as far as lowering the tower and still operating the boat, there are certainly levels that you can accomplish that at.

Harry Reynolds
01-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Living in Charlotte, you would bake you brains out in the summer with no Bimini top. That would be a big deal breaker for me.

vision
01-11-2011, 12:30 PM

Agreed. There are several areas of our lake that are glass on most days that we never visit because it is such a PITA to lower MCs std tower to go under low bridges. The ability to lower the tower with the push of button would be huge.

ddanenberger
01-11-2011, 12:34 PM
that is the exact reason we ordered it on our '11 x25. We have a railroad bridge that limits access to smooth water. We did see the tower in operation at the factory and very impressed. I have a video if anyone is interested. I can't up load it in the site but wold be happy to email the short clip to anyone interested.

MasterCraftByDesign
01-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Hey guys!

Last week, we just released forward facing and rear facing LEDs. I know right now there is no option for speaker end caps with lights, but I assure you, we are working hard to get all these awesome new accessories into production and available at your dealership.

The Forward Facing and Rear Facing LEDs will be available soon. I am forwarding the PDF to all dealers now so that they will have access to it.

We are getting amazing feedback regarding the power tower, and we are working to make it even better with a lot of cool billet options for you to choose from. Stay tuned!

2gofaster
01-11-2011, 01:26 PM
At it's lowest point? No, it was designed to fit in your garage. But, as far as lowering the tower and still operating the boat, there are certainly levels that you can accomplish that at.

At it's lowest point, it's just at windshield height. Depending on the boat, you can easily get under it or over it. Also, when you go up or down, it automatically stops midway. So if you are coming up on a low bridge, hit the button and it will lower to a point that you can still easily walk under it but is about 16" below it's topmost position.

MasterCraftByDesign
01-11-2011, 01:36 PM
Hey all, I have some pictures for you of the new light kits for the Power Tower! This is what the front and rear facing LEDs will look like.

On the side of the tower, you can see the 2 pods on the sides. Those are the front facing lights. Then there is a new rear facing set that you can see hanging under the center of the tower. Let me know what you think!!

http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae175/jdemory/PowerTower-Aux.jpg

http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae175/jdemory/PowerTower-Iso.jpg

Thanks,

Jim D.
www.mastercraftbydesign.com
www.mastercraftboatsofchicago.com