PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Cleveland Boat Show

Double D
01-08-2011, 09:54 PM
The Cleveland Mid America Boat Show is starting next weekend, 14th-23rd. Trying to decide to go up and when. I will checking out all the comp ski boats and spending a lot of time at the Boat House Marine at Tri-Lakes booth checking out the MC's. :D

Besides Captain Planet (Since I know he'll go), is any one on TT planning on attending?

http://www.clevelandboatshow.com/

Double D
01-09-2011, 07:47 PM
Bumpity bump bump.. Anyone?? :)

captain planet
01-10-2011, 10:08 AM
Unfortunately this year I will not be in attendance. My son has the Pinewood Derby for his scouts and I volunteered to help out with the race and the car building clinic. Plus we have to make sure we take home the 1st place trophy.

Anyway, I did find out which boats they will have in the booth.

X-14V
X-15
X-25

I don't know colors or other options, however for the show the boats are usually pretty well equipped. If I recall correctly, the X-15 in the booth last year had everything except the tower camera. Chris is supposed to send me pictures of the booth so when I get them I'll post them.

Double D
01-10-2011, 11:07 AM
Unfortunately this year I will not be in attendance. My son has the Pinewood Derby for his scouts and I volunteered to help out with the race and the car building clinic. Plus we have to make sure we take home the 1st place trophy.

Anyway, I did find out which boats they will have in the booth.

X-14V
X-15
X-25

I don't know colors or other options, however for the show the boats are usually pretty well equipped. If I recall correctly, the X-15 in the booth last year had everything except the tower camera. Chris is supposed to send me pictures of the booth so when I get them I'll post them.

What?? No Captain Planet and no direct drive boats?? :mad: The show is over two weekends and you cant make either one?

I guess I will see if the Correct Craft dealer (if there is one there) has DD in their booth. I'm not sure who controls what boats are taken, and I know there are more sales in V-Drives, but I don't like them ignoring the boats that started it all. :(

captain planet
01-10-2011, 01:04 PM
What?? No Captain Planet and no direct drive boats?? :mad: The show is over two weekends and you cant make either one?

I guess I will see if the Correct Craft dealer (if there is one there) has DD in their booth. I'm not sure who controls what boats are taken, and I know there are more sales in V-Drives, but I don't like them ignoring the boats that started it all. :(

The first weekend I volunteered to help out at the car building clinic for the entire pack and the second weekend is the race which I also volunteered to help with the set-up and tear down of the track. :o Just too much going on this year.

I agree, there needs to be a DD boat in the booth but that is just my old-schoolness.....but they are selling the 214V very well. That boat has become very popular and I'll bet is one of their best selling hulls.

captain planet
01-17-2011, 12:25 PM
Here are some photos of the Boat House Marine booth at the Cleveland show.

captain planet
01-17-2011, 12:27 PM
And another.....

captain planet
01-17-2011, 12:29 PM
If I understand correctly the 14V in the photos may be sold already. It sounded like the first weekend of the show was pretty productive.

Double D
01-17-2011, 02:39 PM
That X-15 looks to be the same boat I rode in down at the Buckeye Bash in Columbus this past year. That's not good if they still own that one. It was maybe a bit under powered....

Also, based on the response on this thread, no one has decided to go to Cleveland, and that includes me. No direct drives and no Nautiques = not worth going... IMO

captain planet
01-17-2011, 03:28 PM
That X-15 looks to be the same boat I rode in down at the Buckeye Bash in Columbus this past year. That's not good if they still own that one. It was maybe a bit under powered....

Also, based on the response on this thread, no one has decided to go to Cleveland, and that includes me. No direct drives and no Nautiques = not worth going... IMO

Ski antique isn't at the show? What about bu or tiger? Are there any other comp boats at the show?

Last year the show was really small compared to what it used to be....I wonder if that changed at all? I wish I could get there this year, but it isn't going to happen.

Double D
01-17-2011, 04:19 PM
Ski antique isn't at the show? What about bu or tiger? Are there any other comp boats at the show?

Last year the show was really small compared to what it used to be....I wonder if that changed at all? I wish I could get there this year, but it isn't going to happen.

Really the question is this: What local dealers are there in the area that sell Nautiques, Bu's, Moom's, etc? Any?? The closet show with Nautiques is Pittsburgh.

willyt
01-17-2011, 04:57 PM
I know there's a dealer in dayton that sells nautiques, 77 marine (clayton underwood still rides for them... i think). Surprisingly, they weren't at the cincy boat show, with only no wake (BU dealer) and cincy MC showing up. Sea ray picked up mooba... but everyone cares about that as much as they care about their ex-wifes second cousin’s brother’s nephew who has down syndrome (a fair comparison?)

Tige wasn't there either, and I think a dealer in Dayton still has them. Would have liked to see them. Not mastercraft... obv... but an inboard none the less.

Double, def looks like the X15 they had down at the buckeye bash.

Double D
01-17-2011, 07:02 PM
I know there's a dealer in dayton that sells nautiques, 77 marine (clayton underwood still rides for them... i think). Surprisingly, they weren't at the cincy boat show, with only no wake (BU dealer) and cincy MC showing up. Sea ray picked up mooba... but everyone cares about that as much as they care about their ex-wifes second cousinís brotherís nephew who has down syndrome (a fair comparison?)

Tige wasn't there either, and I think a dealer in Dayton still has them. Would have liked to see them. Not mastercraft... obv... but an inboard none the less.

Double, def looks like the X15 they had down at the buckeye bash.

Hey Willy! A VERY fair comparison!! Not too PC with the downs comment though... :D
My brother, who was at the Buckeye Bash with me and owns a Nautique, did a search on the Nautique web site for the closet dealer and it came up with Maryland... I hope the Dayton guy didn't lose the name or is out of business...

willyt
01-17-2011, 07:07 PM
haha was meant to be a fair comparison... with all due respect down syndome people have challenges, but people none the less... and you'll be challenged if you have a mooba too (and yet it is still a boat) :)

Double D
01-17-2011, 07:13 PM
haha was meant to be a fair comparison... with all due respect down syndome people have challenges, but people none the less... and you'll be challenged if you have a mooba too (and yet it is still a boat) :)

Agreed!! Of course I almost considered buying a Ski Supreme once. Yes, just once!! :D Then I woke up!

captain planet
01-18-2011, 08:27 AM
Agreed!! Of course I almost considered buying a Ski Supreme once. Yes, just once!! :D Then I woke up!

A Ski Suprise? What year? Was it one of the ones with the hook in the hull that would flip over? Be lucky you didn't get it. :confused:

MattsCraft
01-18-2011, 08:46 AM
Rumor is that 77 Marine is no longer a Nautique dealer and most likely no longer in the Marine business. That's all I will say publicly:rolleyes:

I don't think there are any DD at the Cincy show either, only been on the MC booth so far, they do not have a DD this year (X25-11, X2-10 and X15-11 Ilmor 5.7), last show they had one was 2009 an X14. Seems like the market for DD is dying off a bit, and dealers really only want to carry boats they can move quickly, money is still a bit tight.

Double D
01-18-2011, 09:16 AM
A Ski Suprise? What year? Was it one of the ones with the hook in the hull that would flip over? Be lucky you didn't get it. :confused:

I cant remember the year. Not sure about the hull either. I only considered it because it was owned by one of my wifes cousins and the engine was killer. Sounded like it had a turbo on it. That was all before I knew what I know now about Ski boats and manufacturing. Funny thing was I think he blew the engine the next summer and then sold it off.

Double D
01-18-2011, 09:25 AM
Rumor is that 77 Marine is no longer a Nautique dealer and most likely no longer in the Marine business. That's all I will say publicly:rolleyes:

I don't think there are any DD at the Cincy show either, only been on the MC booth so far, they do not have a DD this year (X25-11, X2-10 and X15-11 Ilmor 5.7), last show they had one was 2009 an X14. Seems like the market for DD is dying off a bit, and dealers really only want to carry boats they can move quickly, money is still a bit tight.

I completely agree that the market has moved more towards V-Drives and that is where dealers will put their money. More 'open' space and appeals to the IO market. I also understand most of these shows are dealer boats so why have a DD in stock if they don't sell as fast. I am just being a stubborn, hard nosed, old school, purest who wouldn't own a V-Drive. It just doesn't feel right under my bum. :D

captain planet
01-18-2011, 09:56 AM
I completely agree that the market has moved more towards V-Drives and that is where dealers will put their money. More 'open' space and appeals to the IO market. I also understand most of these shows are dealer boats so why have a DD in stock if they don't sell as fast. I am just being a stubborn, hard nosed, old school, purest who wouldn't own a V-Drive. It just doesn't feel right under my bum. :D

I'm with you on this 110%. MAYBE I'll get a v-drive the day my body won't let me slalom or barefoot anymore....and that STILL is a maybe. I have yet to drive a v-drive that drives like a DD. They just don't handle the same and it isn't for me. I want performance, period. V-drives are nice....if you like stationwagons. :rolleyes::D

Also about the DD's. There are 2 from which to choose. The TT boats available at the end of each season has to cut into the demand for custom 197 orders. I applaud the dealer that puts a 190 in his showroom these days, but let's face it in order to sell it would take the right guy to come along. The 214 still is a good boat for MC so if a dealer is going to sit a DD in his showroom it will more than likely be a 214.

Double D
01-18-2011, 10:05 AM
I'm with you on this 110%. MAYBE I'll get a v-drive the day my body won't let me slalom or barefoot anymore....and that STILL is a maybe. I have yet to drive a v-drive that drives like a DD. They just don't handle the same and it isn't for me. I want performance, period. V-drives are nice....if you like stationwagons. :rolleyes::D

Also about the DD's. There are 2 from which to choose. The TT boats available at the end of each season has to cut into the demand for custom 197 orders. I applaud the dealer that puts a 190 in his showroom these days, but let's face it in order to sell it would take the right guy to come along. The 214 still is a good boat for MC so if a dealer is going to sit a DD in his showroom it will more than likely be a 214.

:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

MattsCraft
01-18-2011, 11:23 AM

Well it is all perspective I guess, I came from and I/O all my life (Even tried to Ski the course behind my Cobalt 200) I even think I hit 3 balls :rolleyes: but moving from an I/O to my X2 felt like moving from a station wagon to a sports car:D I still pull out the ski at least once a year, but have never had a chance to ski or drive a DD for that matter and would like the chance some day.

Double D
01-18-2011, 11:53 AM
Well it is all perspective I guess, I came from and I/O all my life (Even tried to Ski the course behind my Cobalt 200) I even think I hit 3 balls :rolleyes: but moving from an I/O to my X2 felt like moving from a station wagon to a sports car:D I still pull out the ski at least once a year, but have never had a chance to ski or drive a DD for that matter and would like the chance some day.

Perspective and what your brought up with, I agree 100%. My parents had an old wood 'SportCraft' (I think?) with a 50 HP Evinrude on it. Never liked that and never knew of anything else until I rode in an a Baja IO when I was 16. I thought that was awesome to have a car engine in a boat. Then my brother showed up from Florida (ex-Marine) with a 79 Ski Tique. Thats when it all started with me and where I fell in love with the quick and nimble direct drive inboard set up, and the appreciation I have for the Nautique brand. Then I picked up my 94 PS205 in 01 and have an appreciation for both brands and what they have brought to the industry.

You have never driven a DD?? You should have asked me at the Buckeye Bash. Next Buckeye Bash your welcome to take my baby for a spin so you can see what the heck we are talking about. If the Captain shows up this year, he might even show you what the 190 feels like vs the 205. :)

captain planet
01-18-2011, 11:57 AM
Perspective and what your brought up with, I agree 100%. My parents had an old wood 'SportCraft' (I think?) with a 50 HP Evinrude on it. Never liked that and never knew of anything else until I rode in an a Baja IO when I was 16. I thought that was awesome to have a car engine in a boat. Then my brother showed up from Florida (ex-Marine) with a 79 Ski Tique. Thats when it all started with me and where I fell in love with the quick and nimble direct drive inboard set up, and the appreciation I have for the Nautique brand. Then I picked up my 94 PS205 in 01 and have an appreciation for both brands and what they have brought to the industry.

You have never driven a DD?? You should have asked me at the Buckeye Bash. Next Buckeye Bash your welcome to take my baby for a spin so you can see what the heck we are talking about. If the Captain shows up this year, he might even show you what the 190 feels like vs the 205. :)

I hope to attend this year....however the staying alive under the bridge has to be kept to a minimum! 8p

MattsCraft
01-18-2011, 12:25 PM

Absolutely - I brought my slalom ski to the bash, never got it out due to all the darn rain. Looking forward to this year, and we will probably stay over for Sunday as well!:D

Double D
01-18-2011, 01:31 PM
I hope to attend this year....however the staying alive under the bridge has to be kept to a minimum! 8p

Tell that batch, mother nature.....:rolleyes:

willyt
01-18-2011, 03:06 PM
bah i had fun under the bridge! Can't complain about hanging out with cool people drinking beer on a boat listening to some crazy loud music, even if its in the rain :)

I've driven Miami U's 197 TT... it really doesnt feel that much different than my 05 X2 (granted... I have the 2006 rudder on it. WoW can that thing turn) unloaded. Now with 2500 lbs + people...

Matt we'll have to discuss 77 marine... just from my brief first impressions of them i cant say i'm sorry to see them go, but again thats just first impressions. Snowboarded with Clayton a few weeks back and he didnt say anything about it. You'll ski at the bash? That'll be the day, i went an entire season without seeing you ride.

Oh... you definitely missed the shennagins at Mynt after you left. people were tackling tables, double fisting bottles of skyy and just being ridiculous. Sufficed to say i didnt feel too embarrased after seeing all that go down :-P

MattsCraft
01-18-2011, 04:27 PM
Well Will, you did not see me ski this year 1, because you did not come to Norris (Ski every morning), and 2 you and I always have way to many freekin people on the boat to slalom!

I have some inside scoop on 77, all rumor though.

Mynt... Hmmm, my step daughter was there, so I am told, too funny, I did not see her though.

Mgboyd25
01-18-2011, 08:36 PM
I am going to go check the show out Saturday, I heard that tri lakes was the only ski boat dealership up there this year

Double D
01-18-2011, 09:43 PM
I am going to go check the show out Saturday, I heard that tri lakes was the only ski boat dealership up there this year

Let us know your opinion of the whole show and if there are any other ski boats up there. Have fun!

Hows the Bubble Bee X7 coming?

Mgboyd25
01-19-2011, 09:27 AM
I will let you guys know what I think, there may be not many ski boats but least they are mastercraft!
Boat is coming along, I just got my new tower speakers from bullet lines in yesterday. I'll post the pictures later today or tmw

captain planet
01-22-2011, 07:50 PM

The day wasn't a waste DD. My son took first place in his den and third place in the entire pack. :D

2RLAKE
01-22-2011, 08:06 PM
congrats on that ... i love that red, white and blue color scheme back on page 1 ... really cool .... maybe i should think about an X14????

Double D
01-22-2011, 08:28 PM
The day wasn't a waste DD. My son took first place in his den and third place in the entire pack. :D

Congratulations to CP Jr!! Good to hear. Mgboyd25 was supposed to go to the show today so he'll tell us what and if we missed anything..

congrats on that ... i love that red, white and blue color scheme back on page 1 ... really cool .... maybe i should think about an X14????

Sure, and I agree about the color scheme. Chris can put together some nice boats. Just don't put the V on it like that one. :rolleyes:

Mgboyd25
01-22-2011, 09:32 PM
I did make it up to the boat show today.
BHM had a nice display with three mastercrafts shown earlier in the thread. I really like the red white and blue x 14, it would be perfect if it was a 6.0 400hp Direct Drive (and had more yellow on it............) :)
As for the show as a whole, Its just not what it used to be up there. It kinda stinks that there were only 3 ski boats in the whole show. It was such a blast when there were more boat dealerships out there. I guess its just a sign of the times but Im just glad our buddies over at BHM are there for us!
There was also no Waters Edge booth this year selling wakeboards, skis, vest etc. And no twiggy the waterskiing squirl either :(

2RLAKE
01-22-2011, 09:59 PM
would never have a V on my boat ... always a direct dive ... have plenty of good friends with the Vs!

Footin
01-22-2011, 10:22 PM
How was the show for BHM? Did they sell anything or have a SOLID leads?

Double D
01-22-2011, 11:57 PM
BHM had a nice display with three mastercrafts shown earlier in the thread. I really like the red white and blue x 14, it would be perfect if it was a 6.0 400hp Direct Drive (and had more yellow on it............) :)
As for the show as a whole, Its just not what it used to be up there. It kinda stinks that there were only 3 ski boats in the whole show. It was such a blast when there were more boat dealerships out there. I guess its just a sign of the times but Im just glad our buddies over at BHM are there for us!
There was also no Waters Edge booth this year selling wakeboards, skis, vest etc. And no twiggy the waterskiing squirl either :(

Unfortunately I knew you were going to say that about the show. I'm glad I didn't wast the trip or the money.
I almost traveled to Cincinnati this weekend since I saw there were at least two ski boat dealers down there.

captain planet
01-24-2011, 08:57 AM
How was the show for BHM? Did they sell anything or have a SOLID leads?

The 14V in the booth was sold IIRC. Other than that I'm not sure. Maybe Chris will come along and let us know.

captain planet
01-24-2011, 08:58 AM

WOW, they weren't there??? That guy is ALWAYS there! I wonder if everything is alright? :confused:

BIGBADBLUE
01-24-2011, 09:26 AM

Very nice ... you should post a picture of the car. We are PC freaks as well. It is fun stuff.

captain planet
01-24-2011, 11:20 AM
Very nice ... you should post a picture of the car. We are PC freaks as well. It is fun stuff.

If I can remember I'll post a picture of the car and trophies tonight when I get home. :)

cf_koch
01-26-2011, 09:01 AM
I think everythings all right at Water's Edge. I just checked their web sight and it said they will be missing the Cleveland Boat Show because they have a baby on the way.

93Prostar190
02-16-2011, 10:50 PM

Well you are certainly going to get a ride behind a 214 and you can drive any time you want.

I just found this thread .... I need to work less during the winter months.

Granite_33
02-17-2011, 09:20 AM
I just found this thread too.......

Unfortunately, when I lived in OH, there were not too many boat shows worth going to.
The Dayton area boat shows only had pontoons / fish / IO's. Waste of time.
The Cincy Boat show was decent.

I always attributed it to the relative lack of lakes / reservoirs (compared to IN and MI) and thus a depressed interest for boats in general in OH.

Mgboyd25
03-02-2011, 12:00 PM
Will be going up to the autoshow this Friday to droll over a few dream tow rigs. Anyone else?

Double D
03-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Will be going up to the autoshow this Friday to droll over a few dream tow rigs. Anyone else?

No plans too. You in the market for a tow rig for your new 197??

Mgboyd25
03-02-2011, 02:26 PM
No not in the market for a new tow rig yet but i just enjoy going up to the show and checking out all the new models. I have gone with my old man since I was a little kid so it wouldnt be right not going.
Last year bhm left two boats up there through the car show which I thought was cool so we will see if they did again