PDA

View Full Version : MCX Idle and Trans

Tenderfoot
07-12-2005, 12:47 PM
I have a 2005 197 with an MCX with 1:1 trans that has the throttle by wire system. When in neutral my RPM oscillate by 50 to 100 RPM. (You can hear it pulse) This goes away once you move it into gear. Anyone experience this issue with the wire system? Also, anyone have any tips on how to get to the screen in the trans for cleaning as recommended in the manual? Looks like you have to raise the trans to do so. I had 1200 hours on my previous PCM transmission with no problems and only changed the fluid every 100 hrs.

Ric
07-12-2005, 01:18 PM
I have the same boat
are you running perfect pass?
I will most likely ski this evening and will watch the idle to see if it happens on mine but nothing like you described has caught my attention in the first couple of days of running.

I dont know about the trans, but I remember my 190 looking like a wayy bigger job than I wanted to endure myself when it came to filter replacement or trans draining.

G-man
07-12-2005, 03:26 PM
very, very few ever change this screen. Change the fluid every 2 years or 100 hours and you'll be fine.

Tenderfoot
07-13-2005, 12:28 PM
I do not have perfect pass. I have the MC version that comes standard with the MCX. (Which I have yet to master the use of, but do fine without)