PDA

View Full Version : lake las vegas

sizzler
07-12-2005, 12:42 PM
boys (and girls).....a buddy of mine is getting married next year ,,,,we have decided to go to vegas for his stag-do(batchelor party)..... a couple of questions for you...

1. whats the weather normally like late march???
2. how far is lake las vegas from vegas???
3.what are the golf courses like there???
4.could i get a pull at the lake??? (behind a boat)

rodltg2
07-12-2005, 12:45 PM
weather in march can be warm or cold. i go every march for a convention and sometimes it is really warm almost 80's and sometimes windy and chilly. hopefully you will get lucky.

Thrall
07-12-2005, 01:12 PM
4.could i get a pull at the lake??? (behind a boat)

As opposed to the other "pull" Vegas is known for (the ole "rub and tug")?

WilliamsFamLV
07-12-2005, 01:15 PM
Sizzler,

March is usually a great month here... of course that is generally.

Lake Las Vegas is about 30 min from the airport and I do not believe there are any boats allowed unless you own a house (very exclusive).
However, Lake Mead is very close to Lake Las Vegas.

Great golf courses... and they know it. Expect to pay around $200.00 american, depending on the course.

PM me about the pull. I only have a 90 maristar, but we have fun.

I have been in Vegas since 1989, let me know if you have any other questions. :cool:

sizzler
07-12-2005, 03:41 PM
Sizzler,

March is usually a great month here... of course that is generally.

Lake Las Vegas is about 30 min from the airport and I do not believe there are any boats allowed unless you own a house (very exclusive).
However, Lake Mead is very close to Lake Las Vegas.

Great golf courses... and they know it. Expect to pay around $200.00 american, depending on the course.

PM me about the pull. I only have a 90 maristar, but we have fun.

I have been in Vegas since 1989, let me know if you have any other questions. :cool:
thanks....i'm sure i'll have more q's the closer we get to march....
how far is lake mead from vegas???

WilliamsFamLV
07-12-2005, 03:45 PM
The closest ramp is about 30-45 minutes, pulling a boat, from my house, which is fairly close to the airport.

WakeSeeky
07-12-2005, 04:15 PM
What WilliamsFamLV said. March can be beautiful or it can be windy. Or both in the same weekend. We're a little farther from Mead, but also willing to give you a pull if you're interested, just PM me!

LakePirate
07-12-2005, 04:53 PM
Siz you might want to check out what weekend the NASCAR race is in town. Hotel prices will go up that week, along with the traffic.

Hey Vegas guys, I am headed up that way at the end of next week to referee a basketball tourney up there, any of you working with that. It is a National Tournament sponsered by Reebok.

sizzler
07-12-2005, 05:11 PM
Siz you might want to check out what weekend the NASCAR race is in town. Hotel prices will go up that week, along with the traffic.
thx,,,,,but we have already booked our tickets ...we arrive on wed 22 march (think)

Thadd
07-12-2005, 05:24 PM
I go to Vegas about twice a month and stay at lake Las Vegas. My company owns 2 three bedroom condos there, that are available for rent. As far as using the lake. not a chance. They only allow electric boats on the lake. Mead is pretty close as you know. Good Luck
Thadd

LakePirate
07-12-2005, 05:27 PM
You will be fine on the 22nd. They are there the 1st or 2nd weekend of March.

WakeSeeky
07-12-2005, 10:39 PM
I think NASCAR is usually the 2nd weekend in March. Doesn't matter though, March is the height of convention season, so something else will be in town making for higher prices and heavier traffic whenever you get here. :o Our regular third is in the convention biz and we don't see him much from January to April.

LakePirate, sorry, no, but if you're here on a weekend and bored, we're probably heading out to the lake. Enjoy your trip! :D