PDA

View Full Version : 2012 X-1

wake_rider84
01-05-2011, 12:40 AM
im looking at getting a 2012 model year X-1 with the ZFT3 tower late in 2011. i know ill have to get an ilmore and thats cool but does anyone know if there will be any other changes for the 2012 year in the X-1?

cheers,

Jim@BAWS
01-05-2011, 08:29 AM
We are 7 months away until 2012 production...

Jim@BAWS

jason95gt
01-05-2011, 02:30 PM
If I was a gambling man, I would say no as they haven't changed that boat in several years. For 2011 it got the new graphics and interior, but other than that nothing has changed.

snork
01-05-2011, 07:58 PM
I think the old X2 will be the new X1 and the X Star will be the new X2 and the current X Star will be something new if you get what I'm say'n

Archimedes
01-05-2011, 08:32 PM
Don't know about the boat, but if the current trends continue the trailer will probably be rolling on chrome 24's with spinners.... :D

mccobmd
01-05-2011, 10:29 PM
:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhammeDon't know about the boat, but if the current trends continue the trailer will probably be rolling on chrome 24's with spinners.... :D

Now that's Funny right there!!!

captain planet
01-06-2011, 01:21 PM
I think the old X2 will be the new X1 and the X Star will be the new X2 and the current X Star will be something new if you get what I'm say'n

I would doubt that happens. There is already enough confusion with the 205V...X-Star..X-2..X-1 nomenclature on that hull they would be making a mistake to shuffle the names around again.

snork
01-06-2011, 02:35 PM
I would doubt that happens. There is already enough confusion with the 205V...X-Star..X-2..X-1 nomenclature on that hull they would be making a mistake to shuffle the names around again.

History is full of repetitive mistakes

vision
01-06-2011, 03:45 PM
History is full of repetitive mistakes

Let's hope MC does not make that bone head move again! They should have changed the original X-star to X-star OG or something similar.

I suspect the new X-star will replace the existing and the current X-star will no longer exist. The change from the 205V to the current X-star was dramatic: pickle fork and substantially larger boat. Hence a need for both models. I suspect the new X-star will be similar in size, but with a new deeper hull and different seating. But this is pure speculation.

wake_rider84
01-06-2011, 05:13 PM
id be more than happy with no changes at all. infact thats what im hopeing for. i just dont want to hear that i have saved all this money and bought a new car to tow it and built a new garage and then the boat i want is discontinued or something. i dont want an x-2 and i love the current x-1 but im just not ready to buy yet. there is no other boat on the market that size that even comes close for my money. the only change i would make if i could would be the moulded top deck - interior like the all the bigger MC and maybe the option of the BIG, apart from that its my perfect boat and i cant wait to get one!

mccobmd
01-06-2011, 06:41 PM
I agree there is no where near the boat for the money or versatility in terms of doing 3 sports well and one great.

snork
01-06-2011, 10:21 PM
[QUOTE=vision;724802 I suspect the new X-star will be similar in size, but with a new deeper hull and different seating. But this is pure speculation.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps the X35 will become the new X Star;)

willyt
01-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Nope. I've heard that the new star will be a stretched version of the current star, in the area of 24 feet. Don't get me wrong, I love my 05 x2 (current x1) but I can't see it being competitive with mastercrafts current lineup (as they discontinued the non-pickle fork x30, and added the x25, which is just a sickkkk boat). I can see the same thing happening, this years star becomes the the 2012 X1. No way they'll stop production of that hull. Of course, this is all IMO (cept the 24 foot rumor)

turbosdad
01-07-2011, 11:05 PM
WT, where does the X45 go?? Either way the price will keep going up. Man I cant believe where these boats have priced themselves in the last 6 years.

snork
01-07-2011, 11:46 PM
Nope. I've heard that the new star will be a stretched version of the current star, in the area of 24 feet. Don't get me wrong, I love my 05 x2 (current x1) but I can't see it being competitive with mastercrafts current lineup (as they discontinued the non-pickle fork x30, and added the x25, which is just a sickkkk boat). I can see the same thing happening, this years star becomes the the 2012 X1. No way they'll stop production of that hull. Of course, this is all IMO (cept the 24 foot rumor)

X35 is 23.5 ft is that not closer to 24 ft than the current X star length?

east tx skier
01-08-2011, 12:38 AM
With the X1 being based on the longest used and most successful hulls MC has ever produced, I'd be pretty surprised if they discontinued or replaced it. ICBW.

andy@midwestmastercraft
01-12-2011, 05:23 PM
As a MC dealer I have to admit that I am all for people always buying boats sooner rather than later! - Consider yourself warned.

That said the X-1 is the only MC boat not currently available with an Ilmor. The MV8 5.7 does not fit. After 1/1/11 it can only be ordered with an MCX. I have not heard anything official but if I HAD to have an X-1, I might want to have one on order for 2011 production.

I don't know if MC sells enough volume in that model to justify spending the $ required to make an Ilmor fit. It is a great boat but at some point it has to leave the line. All I am saying is will there be a 2012 X-1?

willyt
01-12-2011, 11:42 PM
Snork, I haven't heard anything about the x35 moving over, something I would highly doubt. I think this is a stretch of the current star's hull, keeping the same wake shape. I'll betchya the x45 stays, and the 24ft star has less seating but more storage space (ala mote room for water) and keeps it's stance as the hardcore wakeboarding boat.

Yea, X1 is doomed. Great boat, but this years star is going to take it's place IMO

wake_rider84
01-13-2011, 02:13 AM
Thanks Andy,

Thats exactly what i was worried about. its just the perfect boat for my garage size, needs, crew size and budget. im not a huge fan of the x2 and dont like how it drives without traking fins or the price. there isnt really any other boats in the MC linup that could fill the gap the X-1 would leave.

i might ask the question again just before the end of the 2011 modle run.

Thrall
01-13-2011, 11:28 AM
If it's such a great boat, maybe MC should advertise that they're discontinuing it for MY 2012, if that is the case.
What better way to generate a little more production volume in these economic times?
And if they sell enough, whatever that number is, maybe they can justify spending the $ to make an Ilmor fit. (Can't be that freakin hard, people put Chevy 350's in all kinds of odd small vehicles...........in their garage.)

captain planet
01-13-2011, 12:55 PM
I'll find out. ;)

captain planet
01-13-2011, 02:49 PM
Happy Trails X-1...

scott023
01-13-2011, 02:56 PM
Happy Trails X-1...

REALLY????

captain planet
01-13-2011, 03:01 PM
REALLY????

Yup.......:(

scott023
01-13-2011, 03:10 PM
Yup.......:(

Might not be that big of a surprise, but disappointing none the less.

captain planet
01-13-2011, 03:14 PM
Might not be that big of a surprise, but disappointing none the less.

I thought the X-1 was supposed to be a price point boat, but apparently the price on it has gone up. With the success of X-14V sales I guess it isn't a suprise. I guess the X-1 hasn't been built very much the past couple years.

scott023
01-13-2011, 03:16 PM
I thought the X-1 was supposed to be a price point boat, but apparently the price on it has gone up. With the success of X-14V sales I guess it isn't a suprise. I guess the X-1 hasn't been built very much the past couple years.

Anyone know the price difference between similiarly equipped 2010 X-1's and a 2010 X-14V's?

Archimedes
01-13-2011, 03:27 PM
I've got a very nice, low hour '06 that might be on the block come April...;)

sand2snow22
01-13-2011, 04:27 PM
Sad news. If MC would redesign the X-14V so that it had a deeper freeboard and it didn't look strange, like a Prostar 214 with, hey guess what, let's throw the engine back there. Yes, I don't like the look of that gigantic bump in the back. Let's see, the hull tapers away like our ski boats, but then we're going to build up the sunpad so it looks ridiculous. Clearly the X-14V was an after thought.......

captain planet
01-13-2011, 04:39 PM
Sad news. If MC would redesign the X-14V so that it had a deeper freeboard and it didn't look strange, like a Prostar 214 with, hey guess what, let's throw the engine back there. Yes, I don't like the look of that gigantic bump in the back. Let's see, the hull tapers away like our ski boats, but then we're going to build up the sunpad so it looks ridiculous. Clearly the X-14V was an after thought.......

Hey, wasn't the V-drive an afterthought anyway? DD was thought of first, then it was "let's make a V-drive out of this DD boat". :rolleyes:

sand2snow22
01-13-2011, 04:55 PM
Hey, wasn't the V-drive an afterthought anyway? DD was thought of first, then it was "let's make a V-drive out of this DD boat". :rolleyes:

You are correct. But at least in the 205V they made it look like it is supposed to be there, not so much with the 214V. Regression if you ask me.

Come to think of it, my dealer has sold more X14's and X14V's than X-1's, so if that any indication with MC sales, I can't blame them......

andy@midwestmastercraft
01-13-2011, 05:14 PM
As I said, I have no idea if the X-1 is going away or not. That hull has been in use since 1999 as a V-Drive and 1996 as a direct drive. It is one of the longest running, most successful designs in history. It is still a great boat but there is a point where the cost of retooling a long running model is higher than using those engineering resources in other areas. 2012 may or may not be the end of the line but there is an end of the line for everything.

To make an X-1 work with an Ilmor it would take either a new deck mold or to create extra height over the engine. The other option would be to come up with some creative rear engine hatches that will drastically effect the look of the boat. It is not a easy low cost fix to update that model to work with an Ilmor. I would say the decision will be heavily influenced by sales.

captain planet
01-13-2011, 05:19 PM
The 'fat lady' is getting her costume ready. :o

wake_rider84
01-13-2011, 05:23 PM
can any one get me an idea of the latest i could oreder an X-1 with an MCX and still get one. i would hate to save all that money and then have to get something eles.... prob not a mastercraft if they dont have the X-1.

Smoothie
01-13-2011, 06:28 PM
wake why not buy a used one or I am willing to bet there are dealer left overs. I have the 205v x star and its pristine and perfect for the garage. MC and CC getting rid of these hulls is crazy neither one will sell a boat most people can afford. The X2 will be the cheapest boat they sell and that boat goes for 70k and up. Dump the x1 and original 210 hull at least that helps the used boat market but your dealer trying to sell new boats that MC and CC require them to do are getting hosed. Cant believe more dealers have not gone by by with 6 to 10% increases every year even in bad economy when everyones salary is shrinking. Good luck but even if MC dumps the x1 there are really no other boats out there at that size plenty at the length but the beam of 90 I can't think of any other manufacturer that sells that small of a boat.

jason95gt
01-13-2011, 07:39 PM
Your best bet would be to find a dealer left over otherwise they latest to be safe would be April as Indmar isn't going to make any more engines than what MC orders and the new model year is July.

JohnE
01-13-2011, 07:49 PM
You are correct. But at least in the 205V they made it look like it is supposed to be there, not so much with the 214V. Regression if you ask me.

Come to think of it, my dealer has sold more X14's and X14V's than X-1's, so if that any indication with MC sales, I can't blame them......

The difference IMO is that when they came out with the 205V they weren't trying to produce a record capable slalom boat. With the 14V the needed to keep the weight more forward than they did with the 205V. And the end result is not so attractive IMO.

brucemac
01-13-2011, 08:05 PM
that would be pretty sad. i love my boat. i guess i understand, but it makes me wonder if they'll ever introduce something to take it's place. X14V is not for me.

Thrall
01-13-2011, 08:16 PM
I've got a very nice, low hour '06 that might be on the block come April...;)

You say that every year!

east tx skier
01-13-2011, 09:18 PM
Fifteen years on a hull unchanged is an amazing run. Sad to see it go, but they all go at some point. So long, 205!

sand2snow22
01-14-2011, 01:34 AM
Just got back from the boat show. This X-Star is probably one of the nicest looking boats I've ever seen. The picture doesn't do it justice, but it's a perfect combo of white, black and silver flake. The Silver flake really pops! Custom ordered........MC makes some really nice boats. One thing I noticed for 2011, one of the cup holders on the sides have been turned into mini-heaters! Yep, hot air for your backside:D

sand2snow22
01-14-2011, 02:41 AM
The intro to MC Rewind 2011 is very well done!

bobx1
01-14-2011, 12:31 PM
If the X1 is going to be discontinued then I will be ticked and would question the wisdom of the people running the show at MC. To this day, most people will admit the X1/205V is the best all-around hull ever built by ANY boat company.

I absolutlely love my X1 (2007) and it fits my family perfectly but understand that it may not be big enough for some needs (people capacity wise) but come on MC.....Mercedes, BWM, Lexus, etc. all have entry level cars so people can experience the taste of quality in hopes of upgrading them to the next level.

My next logical "upgrade" would be the X25 as I dont particularly care for the X2 over the X1 (and yes, I have spent plenty of time in the X2) other than the space. On top of having dealer issues, lack of dealers, etc. and coupled with the fact they are pushing their star entry level boat out of the picture then it may be time to start considering other manufacturers.

So your new "entry level" wake/surf boat will cost $70K+?? I guess I just dont see the "big picture".

captain planet
01-14-2011, 01:00 PM
Anyone know the price difference between similiarly equipped 2010 X-1's and a 2010 X-14V's?

Can any dealer give an MSRP to this question?

mccobmd
01-14-2011, 03:22 PM
If the X1 is going to be discontinued then I will be ticked and would question the wisdom of the people running the show at MC. To this day, most people will admit the X1/205V is the best all-around hull ever built by ANY boat company.

I absolutlely love my X1 (2007) and it fits my family perfectly but understand that it may not be big enough for some needs (people capacity wise) but come on MC.....Mercedes, BWM, Lexus, etc. all have entry level cars so people can experience the taste of quality in hopes of upgrading them to the next level.

My next logical "upgrade" would be the X25 as I dont particularly care for the X2 over the X1 (and yes, I have spent plenty of time in the X2) other than the space. On top of having dealer issues, lack of dealers, etc. and coupled with the fact they are pushing their star entry level boat out of the picture then it may be time to start considering other manufacturers.

So your new "entry level" wake/surf boat will cost $70K+?? I guess I just dont see the "big picture".

Have to agree with all of that. I bought a "price point" 2006 X1 brand new. Paid cash for it. If I upgraded I would also go with the X25 but I love all the things the X1 does well. I also looked at and considered the X2 but still have slalom skiers. X14 is great for them but hard to surf. I can surf my X1 with the KBG full, 750 in the locker and a driver. I think it is a great hull and an even better way to get people to the brand who later upgrade. I'm not opposed to other hulls but if the price of the lowest price boat is above 60,000 even if you can buy it for less many will never look. I could have had a loaded out Ski Centurion for what I bought my "price point" boat but liked the quality and added the upgrades myself.

Hope the X1 stays but if not there needs to be something that people can start in.

JohnE
01-14-2011, 05:26 PM
I've heard the thought that the 'entry level' MC is simply a used one. I can appreciate that to an extent, but can't imagine dumping such a successful hull.

wake_rider84
01-14-2011, 07:05 PM
yeah as an aussie the used market isnt very wide. I dont want to import a used one and want to buy new from my local dealer when the time comes. if they dont do an x-1 ill prob look at a used boat and in aus a used naut 210 is a very cheap thing so i would prob go that way if i cant get an x-1 new. maybe ill have another go in an X-2 but it just doesnt drive as nice.

KnoxX2
01-14-2011, 08:16 PM
I am sure you can talk to a dealer and pre order a X1 with what you want. Just set the buid date for latter this year.

mccobmd
01-15-2011, 01:25 AM
yeah as an aussie the used market isnt very wide. I dont want to import a used one and want to buy new from my local dealer when the time comes. if they dont do an x-1 ill prob look at a used boat and in aus a used naut 210 is a very cheap thing so i would prob go that way if i cant get an x-1 new. maybe ill have another go in an X-2 but it just doesnt drive as nice.

That was my biggest beef with the X2. The wakes were good enough for everything (slalom not as good) but the extra beam made the handling and ride not as nimble. There's trade off's for everything.

brucemac
01-15-2011, 03:32 AM
except for the tater!

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/9826/dsc7804n.jpg

brucemac
01-15-2011, 03:34 AM
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65919/636616.jpg

brucemac
01-15-2011, 03:38 AM
íviva 205v!

brucemac
01-15-2011, 05:03 AM
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/6547/carolinelr2.jpg

Archimedes
01-15-2011, 03:09 PM
Well as long as we're posting X-1 pictures...