PDA

View Full Version : Lake Parties/ Boat tie-ups

willowtreexx
01-02-2011, 06:37 PM
I usually go to lake Minnetonka in MN for what they call "Big Island" where hundreds of boats tie up and just party, meet people, stuff like that

does anyone know of something similar in the Chicago, Fox Lake, Southern Wisconsin area?

Id love to hit those up this summer!!

gatorguy
01-02-2011, 11:25 PM
No idea. Sounds like fun, but also a good way to get your boat thrashed by people you don't even know walking around all over your boat.

No Skeez
01-02-2011, 11:37 PM
Okauchee Lake (just off I-94 almost exactly between Milwaukee and Madison) has a tie up every year the last Saturday of July. Google it for pictures and video. Always a good time, but almost always impossible to launch that day as well. Launches fill up EARLY.

I've never been to it, but I heard Lake Beulah has something similar every year down by East Troy.

willowtreexx
01-03-2011, 12:11 AM
No idea. Sounds like fun, but also a good way to get your boat thrashed by people you don't even know walking around all over your boat.

very true, usually they are respectful and just get the boat wet, a good rinse should fix that, just like any day after skiing and tubing. always have to bring bumpers and anchor

Okauchee Lake (just off I-94 almost exactly between Milwaukee and Madison) has a tie up every year the last Saturday of July. Google it for pictures and video. Always a good time, but almost always impossible to launch that day as well. Launches fill up EARLY.

I've never been to it, but I heard Lake Beulah has something similar every year down by East Troy.

funny, i just read about that. i am going to hit that one up for sure, but also looking for one that happens every weekend. the one up in the Cities goes on from friday to sunday every weekend so you can always count on a good time.

maybe we should all start one :)

smsbrett
01-03-2011, 06:58 AM
can't say I've ever been, but I do remember hearing about this party off of navy pier:

http://www.chicago-scene.com/cs-parties/boatparty.htm

Sledge
01-03-2011, 10:27 AM
I have not been to this one myself but from the pictures it looks like fun. In northern Illinois and looks like something is going on almost every weekend in the summer.

http://funonthefox.com/

SunCoast 83
01-10-2011, 01:20 AM
Just anchor away from the crowd and swim over. Heck beer coolers float! :D
This will keep the unwanted's off your vessel

willowtreexx
01-10-2011, 07:57 AM
Just anchor away from the crowd and swim over. Heck beer coolers float! :D
This will keep the unwanted's off your vessel

LOL true story!! just have to make sure it doesnt tip over from being unsteady, lid flop open cause the beer hit the lid as the weight shifts and you loose all your brew.. trust me, those DONT float :(

SunCoast 83
01-10-2011, 09:45 PM
LOL true story!! just have to make sure it doesnt tip over from being unsteady, lid flop open cause the beer hit the lid as the weight shifts and you loose all your brew.. trust me, those DONT float :(

very true...........................

cbryan70
01-10-2011, 10:26 PM
I have not been to this one myself but from the pictures it looks like fun. In northern Illinois and looks like something is going on almost every weekend in the summer.

http://funonthefox.com/

it gets pretty wild our there on the weekends. LOTS of bars, couple of nice sand bars, and blarneys island...look it up

willowtreexx
01-11-2011, 03:03 PM
it gets pretty wild our there on the weekends. LOTS of bars, couple of nice sand bars, and blarneys island...look it up

im going to have to check that out!