PDA

View Full Version : X2 exhaust tip options

g-mantrix
01-02-2011, 03:33 PM
Hi, the attached image shows the current exhaust tips fitted to my 2007 X2. It was pointed out to me these emit a louder exhaust noise than say other tips ie flatter type with the flap. Ideally I would like to reduce the exhaust noise level, am I wasting money in changing the current set up achieve this? opinions appreciated
cheers

medicmoose
01-02-2011, 03:49 PM
I have the same tips as you and opted for the fresh air exhaust (FAE) set-up. It's not everyone's idea of "attractive" but I tell ya....it has certainly reduced the exhaust noise!!! To the point that I could not go back! Not to mention the amount of exhaust that I am no longer sucking up when surfing.

Not a cheap option but definately one worth considering.

vision
01-02-2011, 04:03 PM
I have the same tips as you and opted for the fresh air exhaust (FAE) set-up. It's not everyone's idea of "attractive" but I tell ya....it has certainly reduced the exhaust noise!!! To the point that I could not go back! Not to mention the amount of exhaust that I am no longer sucking up when surfing.

Not a cheap option but definately one worth considering.

+1

FAE is amazingly quieter. Only downside is that my transmission now sounds loud :D.

I had the flaps that you are thinking about switching to on my 08 and it was still quite loud.

09X2
01-02-2011, 05:46 PM
I got flaps on my 09 and she pretty loud, just turn up the stez.