PDA

View Full Version : Project Boat (joke)

ahhudgins
12-31-2010, 10:42 AM
I ran across this old picture of a boat sitting in the woods behind our marina. I know the boat is still there, and this picture is at least 5 years old. And yes, those ARE trees growing inside the boat. I thought about cleaning it up and hand painting "MasterCraft" on the side with some stars and stripes. Who's got Photo Shop? I'm sure with a little wet sanding it would be as good as new!!:D

epnault
12-31-2010, 11:29 AM
Here is a start

thatsmrmastercraft
12-31-2010, 11:51 AM
Something like this? :D

ahhudgins
12-31-2010, 01:19 PM
Something like this? :D

Perfect. That will be my template to work from. Now if I can just find a matching trailer!:D

TayMC197
01-03-2011, 04:14 PM
No joke, those boats right there with a 250 horse on the back are fun!!!! Reinforce the transom really good though...

ahhudgins
01-12-2011, 12:16 AM
No joke, those boats right there with a 250 horse on the back are fun!!!! Reinforce the transom really good though...

No joke? Might need to add some trim tabs! :D

That boat has been sitting in the woods for at least 20 years and I thought about asking the guy if I could have it, but I never mentioned it because I know him all to well. He would say "Well, it is a classic and I was planning on fixing it up one day and putting it back on the water. But for you I will let it go for $1,500"

thatsmrmastercraft
01-12-2011, 12:38 AM
No joke? Might need to add some trim tabs! :D

That boat has been sitting in the woods for at least 20 years and I thought about asking the guy if I could have it, but I never mentioned it because I know him all to well. He would say "Well, it is a classic and I was planning on fixing it up one day and putting it back on the water. But for you I will let it go for $1,500"

More if he sees the potential with the updated graphics. :D

east tx skier
01-12-2011, 11:45 AM
Looks like an old CC. I don't know what the rest of the boat looks like, but if it is, for the right price, there might be a few people who actually would take that project on.

atlfootr
01-12-2011, 12:26 PM
Here's another, little BIGGER project :rolleyes:

thatsmrmastercraft
01-12-2011, 12:48 PM

Looks like this CC is ready for duck hunting. :D

SkiDog
01-12-2011, 12:48 PM

Don't ALL CC's look like that?:D:D JK Eastie!

thatsmrmastercraft
01-12-2011, 12:50 PM

:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

atlfootr
01-12-2011, 12:51 PM
You maybe right ...

east tx skier
01-12-2011, 01:24 PM

Ha! You want to see some guys who are very particular about their boats and engines, go over to CCfan and have a look at the gallery. :D

aquaman
01-12-2011, 01:56 PM
CC is eady to hunt......CamoCraft.....or is it CrippledCraft?

thatsmrmastercraft
01-12-2011, 02:00 PM
Ha! You want to see some guys who are very particular about their boats and engines, go over to CCfan and have a look at the gallery. :D

Been there a time or two, and agree wholeheartedly.:cool:

ahhudgins
01-12-2011, 11:58 PM

I hate to see ANY inboard sitting out in the weather or abused. There's a guy at our lake that has left his CC sitting out in his yard uncovered (year 'round) for as long as I can remember. It's a late 70s model so I'm sure it's getting to be a pretty rare model. Once or twice a summer he actually fires it up and takes it down the lake but I've never been close enough to see the interior or the gel. He may also have spinner rims on his truck, that's all I'm saying!

east tx skier
01-19-2011, 06:35 PM
Atlfootr, I tried to PM you, but your inbox was full. Shoot me a PM. User TRBenj had a question for you about that boat you posted. He can't login for some reason, but I think I may have figured that issue out.

sk8salomon
01-20-2011, 09:21 PM
I hate to see ANY inboard sitting out in the weather or abused. !

There is an 84 S&S sitting near our club with a foot of water in it, never been covered. Been that way for years. Sad, very sad.

ahhudgins
01-21-2011, 12:15 AM
There is an 84 S&S sitting near our club with a foot of water in it, never been covered. Been that way for years. Sad, very sad.

The very first MC (78 or 79 S&S) that I skied behind has been sitting in a garage for many years wasting away. The trailer was left sitting in the woods every summer while the boat sat in the water at the dock. A few winters he pulled the boat out and left it in the woods with a torn cover before putting it in a garage. The owner has tried to work on the engine and also had several shade tree mechanics work on it as well, but it hasn't ran in years. I've asked his son a few times if he would be interested in selling it but his Dad told him that he wouldn't sell it for less than what he paid for it new. I don't know what the cost was in 79, but I wouldn't give him more than $2,000 as is. This is a one owner MC that will never see the water again.