PDA

View Full Version : Surrounded by barking dogs

Covi
12-30-2010, 09:50 PM
Unfortunately the current house that my family and I live in is not our dream house but a mere stepping stone for a new construction build. The problem is we are surrounded by neighbors all of which have F*&^%ING barking dogs. I've tried and tried to have patience but I'm loosing it fast. I'm not sure what to do? I would talk to the dog owners but hate them and much as their dog. Any suggestions other than anti freeze!!!! Sorry to offend all of the good dog owners. But, to all you barking owning dogs QUIT IT!!!!!!!!

thatsmrmastercraft
12-30-2010, 10:03 PM
Repeated calls to animal control will suffice. I assume these offending canines are outside for long periods of time.

Covi
12-30-2010, 10:09 PM
Long period of time unattended, no attention, either leashed or surrounded by electric fences. I would most likely want to bark to, but come on. Unfortunately our town does not have a local animal control. The next step is the authorities and I hate to call them over a barking dog when other more serious crimes are happening. Like the D-bag that broke in to my truck and stole my camera and wallet. Can you tell I'm not having good luck. Bring on 2011 things have to get better!

thatsmrmastercraft
12-30-2010, 10:16 PM
If they local boys can't stop eating doughnuts long enough to keep the dirtbags out of your truck, maybe getting them out of the doughnut shop to do something about all the barking dogs will be a public service on your part.

Covi
12-30-2010, 10:22 PM
If they local boys can't stop eating doughnuts long enough to keep the dirtbags out of your truck, maybe getting them out of the doughnut shop to do something about all the barking dogs will be a public service on your part.

That's funny. I new you guys would turn my mood around and put a smile on my face. This beer I'm about to drink is also going to start the healing process!!!

thatsmrmastercraft
12-30-2010, 10:25 PM
That's funny. I new you guys would turn my mood around and put a smile on my face. This beer I'm about to drink is also going to start the healing process!!!

Always happy to help out another MC family member. Now if you could just do something for my rotator cuff in my right shoulder. :rolleyes:

Covi
12-30-2010, 10:35 PM
Bummer I had my left one done twice now. Ice & Ibu!!!!

Double D
12-30-2010, 10:40 PM
Unfortunately the current house that my family and I live in is not our dream house but a mere stepping stone for a new construction build. The problem is we are surrounded by neighbors all of which have F*&^%ING barking dogs. I've tried and tried to have patience but I'm loosing it fast. I'm not sure what to do? I would talk to the dog owners but hate them and much as their dog. Any suggestions other than anti freeze!!!! Sorry to offend all of the good dog owners. But, to all you barking owning dogs QUIT IT!!!!!!!!

Regardless of how you feel about the people, step up and talk to them anyway. DO NOT stoop to their level and attempt to harm the animals these people are neglecting. There are always respectable humane options.

Or you could try calling Cesar Milan, Dog Whisperer :)

snork
12-30-2010, 10:54 PM
Extremely high pitch siren should suffice but if that don't work try something that will annoy the hell out of the neighbors perhaps yearly morning lawn work or tree removal

thatsmrmastercraft
12-30-2010, 10:55 PM
Bummer I had my left one done twice now. Ice & Ibu!!!!

Getting to the point where Ibu doesn't get the job done. Not even touching it tonight. Might be time to go have the conversation with the doc. How long was recovery?

DJ 50
12-30-2010, 11:03 PM
Extremely high pitch siren should suffice but if that don't work try something that will annoy the hell out of the neighbors perhaps yearly morning lawn work or tree removal

They make those stupid sonic dog things that you can put out in your yard to stop other dogs from barking however they have to be pretty close to work and this is if they even work. Pretty much all cities will have laws preventing dogs from barking all day long it's up to you if you wish to start that battle with them. If you are good with it then call the cops.

Covi
12-31-2010, 07:21 AM
Regardless of how you feel about the people, step up and talk to them anyway. DO NOT stoop to their level and attempt to harm the animals these people are neglecting. There are always respectable humane options.

Or you could try calling Cesar Milan, Dog Whisperer :)

I will not stoop to there level I don't play that way. I plan on trying to talk to the dog owner who is a single mother with 3 kids approx. late 20's. Her mother lives with her for support during the week because her husband (former school bus driver) decided to drive the HS varsity hockey team to a game drunk one night now he's been in jail for over a year, and had multiple convictions and probation violations in other states. So nice to live next to rental property. Thanks for the advice!

Getting to the point where Ibu doesn't get the job done. Not even touching it tonight. Might be time to go have the conversation with the doc. How long was recovery?

First one was 2-3 months little more than the typical. I had a few screws put in and muscle removed and replaced to hold the shoulder in the socket. PT was about 4 months as well. Good luck report with outcome.

Covi
12-31-2010, 07:24 AM
It's 7am I think I'm going to start up my dirt bike!!!! Bahahaah!!!!!!!

ahhudgins
12-31-2010, 09:34 AM
I was surprised that a dog barking for several hours doesn’t seem to annoy some people. My neighbors’ lab would sit on their deck and bark non-stop while they sat in their house and watched TV. I finally had to talk to them about the noise and they seemed totally unaware of the noise even though the dog was 15 feet away from their living room. It drove me nuts and I’m 40 yards away from them!! They did make an effort to control the barking, but they would still go out in the evening and leave him sitting on the deck. I would just go outside and throw a small rock at him. After awhile he would shut up as soon as I opened my door.

Your neighbors sound like my in-laws, so approaching them like an adult may not make any difference. But I would still try. Who knows, the woman may be looking for a reason to get rid of the dog(s). I definitely don’t believe in harming the dogs, it’s not their fault.

epnault
12-31-2010, 10:21 AM
If you want to try something that has worked on my dog and the neighbors dog I would give this a shot. I have 2 (didn't even bother working with the dam neighbor) of them now, one for my yard and one for the neighbors, and no barking for about $140. They are working great.

http://www.petsafe.net/Products/Bark-Control/Ultrasonic/Outdoor-Bark-Control.aspx

It is harmless to the animal but is working great. If you order it from Petsafe they give you a 90 day no hassel return if it doesn't work. They have a effective range of about 50ft and you need to have an unobstructed view of the animal. I think trees are OK but fences would probably be a no go.

h2oskifreak
12-31-2010, 10:35 AM
Nobody has suggested talking to the landlord. I have rentals and if the tenants can't get a grip on things and blend into the neighborhood, out they go. Cops are worthless. Have a friend that has the same situation with dogs (people own the house). All he has done by involving the po po's and code enforcement is take the option of killing the dogs off the table, as they would know who did it. I know this isn't your perm. house and you are not 2 years in w/ no sleep, but my friend would have offed these dogs by now if he didn't put the target on himself (not that I agree).

Best option is to talk to offenders, then landlord, then police. I bet the Police won't intimidate them (they have had plenty of interaction w/them it sounds). The only way the Police or animal control is effective in our area is if you get bit.

Rockman
12-31-2010, 10:57 AM
From Despicable Me:

Gru: Your dog has been leaving bombs in my yard.

Fred McDade: Oh you know dogs... they go where they want!

Gru: Not if they're dead.

I loved that part of the movie!

Covi
12-31-2010, 01:35 PM
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. I never said what breeds I'm dealing with.

Off my front yard (front door) 2, jerk russell terriers = 1 ski rope length away. I use the ski rope analogy because everyone on here knows how long a ski rope is. Out the backyard (I have a 5' chain link fence surrounding my yard and my property abuts two others. One yard has a mutt, and I must say it's the best dog around. no problems. Off the side (most offending dog) and the reason for this thread = 2 year old St. Barnard.

I've been hucking (at night) my 2 1/2 year olds marbles, and Fisher price people at it. it makes me feel good. Sort of hoping one will get lodged in it's throat. My wife put a stop to me doing this as my son is missing his favorite toys.

Tonight we talk!!!! I'll keep you guys posted.

snork
12-31-2010, 03:12 PM
Try 1 million candle spotlite on the dog and house for hours maybe that will get the point across

Skipper
12-31-2010, 04:34 PM
Unfortunately, the FCC prevents the makers of the sonic dog barking devices from creating an effective product. The one that looks like a tree house, when aimed directly at the offending dog and within twenty five meters, can be effective. But the only real way to control barking dogs is for their irresponsible owners to take action. Good luck with that option.

ShamrockIV
12-31-2010, 11:51 PM
I have been told that a 22 hornet makes hardly no noise at night.

atlfootr
12-31-2010, 11:55 PM
Your definitely in luck!
I've seen 'em as cheap as 20 bucks!~

[/URL]
[URL="http://www.ultimatebarkcontrol.com/ds_pro.htm"]http://www.ultimatebarkcontrol.com/images/ubc_h_dog1.jpg (http://www.google.com/advanced_search?q=barking+dogs+training+device&hl=en&safe=active&client=firefox-a&hs=jcZ&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=s&prmd=ivns)

https://www.freebarkoff.com/?mid=866476 (https://www.freebarkoff.com/?mid=866476)

Safely Control Dogs Barking.
Ultrasonic Remote.
$10. Free Bonus!
FreeBarkOff.com

TX.X-30 fan
01-02-2011, 11:04 AM
Paint ball rifle.

ahhudgins
01-02-2011, 12:50 PM
Paint ball rifle.

For the dog, or the owner?;)

Covi
01-02-2011, 01:19 PM
or both? I spoke to the neighbor two days ago. They weren't aware that the dog was barking. "Are you kidding me" so two nights ago the dog was not let out. Last night same old routine. Looks like next step landlord, and if that doesn't work cops. If all else fails "sorry to you good dog owners" but the bad dog owner that lives next to me will have some vet bills when I get done with it. I'll keep you posted.

Double D
01-02-2011, 01:27 PM
I wouldn't post anything if you hurt that dog!!

Covi
01-02-2011, 03:10 PM
My little secret!

André
01-02-2011, 03:18 PM
Don't hurt the dog!:mad:

He's just lonely...
Pretty sure he doesn't get proper exercise and play time.
Maybe take him to the park yourself or play with him for 30 minutes and get him tired.
If even after talking to your neighbor thing don't change,then police and animal control authorities should do the trick.
If not,you have my blessing for hitting the OWNER right on the nose!
Plenty of tricks to stop a dog from barking,just do a search on the net, including shock collars for the hardest case.
But hurting intentionnaly a dog is crual and really low.I'm sure your not that kind of person!:)
If someone would hurt one of my dogs intentionnaly,he'll be dead the next minute.
Seriously.

TX.X-30 fan
01-02-2011, 03:22 PM
I would go to the front door right in the middle of the dog doing his barking and ask her to please control the animal. After that I would Install a clapper activated air horn. That or powerful outdoor speakers with a continuous Yani looped tape.

TX.X-30 fan
01-02-2011, 03:28 PM

He's just lonely...
Maybe take him to the park yourself or play with him for 30 minutes and get him tired.
If even after talking to your neighbor thing don't change,then police and animal control authorities should do the trick.
Plenty of tricks to stop a dog from barking,just do a search on the net, including shock collars for the hardest case.
But hurting intentionnaly a dog is crual and really low.I'm sure your not that kind of person!:)
If someone would hurt one of my dogs intentionnaly,he'll be dead the next minute.
Seriously.

This is society now, a dogs life for a human life?? I for 1 am not taking the neighbors dog out for play time.

What is your view on sucking live human babbies from the womb??

Covi
01-02-2011, 04:18 PM

He's just lonely...
Seriously.

Andre,

I can assure you I will NOT harm the animal. I also will NOT be taking if for walks either. It's also a bummer that the owner is a women and I don't hit women at least not yet Bhahahah....... I just have to figure out this mess....

TayMC197
01-03-2011, 01:27 PM
Long period of time unattended, no attention, either leashed or surrounded by electric fences. I would most likely want to bark to, but come on. Unfortunately our town does not have a local animal control. The next step is the authorities and I hate to call them over a barking dog when other more serious crimes are happening. Like the D-bag that broke in to my truck and stole my camera and wallet. Can you tell I'm not having good luck. Bring on 2011 things have to get better!

Make a complaint to the local police. They won't take you seriously the first time but after a few calls they will warn, then ticket the families for not controlling the dogs. A friendly warning to the dog owners is good though. Even if you don't like them....

I live outside city limits, so police isn't an option but my AR15-22 is a great solution.. my neighbor brings home strays all the time... and they tear open all my dog food and fight my dogs... I have an underground fence... So I just started capping them.. It solved that problem, flea problem, and barking problem... 7 dogs down so far... 2 still to go... I hate doing it but these dogs are manged and starving to death...

TayMC197
01-03-2011, 01:31 PM
or both? I spoke to the neighbor two days ago. They weren't aware that the dog was barking. "Are you kidding me" so two nights ago the dog was not let out. Last night same old routine. Looks like next step landlord, and if that doesn't work cops. If all else fails "sorry to you good dog owners" but the bad dog owner that lives next to me will have some vet bills when I get done with it. I'll keep you posted.

I wouldn't suggest hurting the dog... if it doesn't come onto your property, then you are setting yourself up for serious criminal charges... Poisoning is illegal ether way... Call the cops in your case or landlord

My neighbors dogs come in my yard, so by law I can kill them if a threat... since they attacked my dog, I have valid reason...

TayMC197
01-03-2011, 01:33 PM
[/B]

This is society now, a dogs life for a human life?? I for 1 am not taking the neighbors dog out for play time.

What is your view on sucking live human babbies from the womb??

Whats the race of the baby?

flipper
01-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Every state is different, but repeated calls to animal control and police will do the trick over time. Tell animal control that the dogs are not being cared for and bark all the time. Where I live, call the police and they will give you the option to site the dog owners.

bobx1
01-03-2011, 06:12 PM
......The problem is we are surrounded by neighbors all of which have F*&^%ING barking dogs......

It may not be possible, and I am not one to cut and run, but if you are SURROUNDED by people who don't give a $hit about animals and do not respect others rights (single moms, dad's in jail, etc.) then you may need to pull the trigger and search for an upgrade to your current living conditions - even if it is temporary until you can build. What you are describing is common and a way of life to some - sorry to say.

Covi
01-03-2011, 06:16 PM
It may not be possible, and I am not one to cut and run, but if you are SURROUNDED by people who don't give a $hit about animals and do not respect others rights (single moms, dad's in jail, etc.) then you may need to pull the trigger and search for an upgrade to your current living conditions - even if it is temporary until you can build. What you are describing is common and a way of life to some - sorry to say.

I know I can't believe it might have to be me that re-locates (sooner than later) in order to solve the problem. Piss me off!