PDA

View Full Version : Dash Lights

DJ 50
12-30-2010, 09:36 PM
I saw an old thread from Just Joe, I beleive was his screen name, where he switched out his dash switches to blue. I am intrested in switching on my toggle switches to blue instead of red along with changing the actual instrument light to blue also. The toggle switches can figure out how to change but how do you change the light for the gages? Anyone have recomendations where to get blue toggle switches and the light needed to make the dash blue?

Justjoe
12-30-2010, 10:01 PM
Haha.... It's a slippery slope.

Got the switches through the dealer. Easy job. There are bulbs in the gauge face that are also easily switched. I like my stock main guages color, but will probably switch out the (relatively useless) ballast gauge lights this winter as they seem too yellow.

Table Rocker
12-30-2010, 11:02 PM
It also might be harder than just changing the bulbs in your gauges. The red light coming from your gauges might be coming from a white bulb passing light through a red lexan light pipe. The bulb sits in a socket on the back of the gauge and the lexan transmits the light to the perimeter. If you were to change the bulbs to blue, you would probably have purple light.

I'm pretty sure that is the way mine are anyway, but my boat is 14 years older than yours. If I look closely, I can see the red around the perimeter even with the lights off.

DJ 50
12-30-2010, 11:08 PM
Joe, I recall reading someone say they were unhappy with the switch to blue toggle switches and or dash light. Was that you or someone else? Did you just end up switching out the switches or did you change the dash light also?

Justjoe
12-31-2010, 03:39 AM
I just changed the switches. The blue ones look a lot better to me than the red, but they came out more green than I'd have liked.