PDA

View Full Version : Too Bold?

Skipa
12-30-2010, 09:45 PM
I've seen the recent "new boat design" threads, and am very impressed with the color selections.

We are looking to buy a new MC, and our color selection is a bit different. I'm curious as whether you think the color scheme is too "bold," i.e. clown-like. We are thinking of an X14v, Slider Design, in Mediterrainean Blue with a Yellow Stripe and Yellow MasterCraft logo. The X-14v logo will not be applied. Deck and Hull will be white. Is the yellow stripe too much? Should it just be Med Blue along the entire side?

BTW, I can't figure out how to post the DAB picture, or would have done that. Any how-to link?

For options, we are looking at the Barefoot Windshield (my wife thinks it's good looking, I think the corner looks ice-pick sharp), Zero Off Wakeboard, and ProPackage. The ProPackage includes the BIG display, along with the upgraded stereo and tower, but we'd rather have the VDIG.

Your thoughts on color scheme and/or options would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Jerseydave
12-30-2010, 10:12 PM
I really like yellow as an accent color with blue....nice choice! A white deck will stay cool too.

Where in the northeast are you?

Barefooter92
12-30-2010, 11:31 PM
Total Michigan fan? Other than that congrats on the new order.

Skipa
12-30-2010, 11:34 PM
Thanks for the response. It's good to hear that our color choice is not too far in left field. For clarity, it is "Hull Color #3" that we are looign to put in yellow.

We're in the Philadelphia suburbs. Where are you in Jersey?

cdevro
12-31-2010, 12:46 AM
Go with yellow on the deck not white. Im kinda of biased though. Blue and Gold? Navy?

corey
12-31-2010, 10:11 AM
On the DAB I think that color way looks a little funky, in real life it's AWESOME!!!

Skipa
12-31-2010, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the input. The X-Star looks outstanding! This confirms the color choice.

Anyone familiar with the ProPackage by MC, specifically the BIG in the X-14v?

BIGBADBLUE
12-31-2010, 10:16 PM
I went with the Classic gauges with zero off in the X14V I ordered ... simpler, less to break and looks great.

Skipa
01-01-2011, 09:12 AM
I went with the Classic gauges with zero off in the X14V I ordered ... simpler, less to break and looks great.

Do the classic gauges include % of ballast filled, water temp, and/or water depth? These are the functions I care about, and am not too concerned with whether it is classic or VDIG.

corey
01-02-2011, 10:45 AM
The classic gauges do not show ballast % or depth and they come with MasterCraft cruise. The V-Dig will have Perfect Pass, Depth, Ballast, air temp, water temp and a clock. The Pro Pack also includes the ZFT3 tower and swivel racks.

Here is a little bit of info on the VDIG (and BIG) http://www.medallionis.com/Solutions_1.html The best way to get a feel for it is to use it though.