PDA

View Full Version : Yet another new 2011 boat thread

eficalibrator
12-29-2010, 04:04 PM
I was poking around a while ago asking about the ski-ability of the 214V and X14V, but after getting behind them I decided to go back to a direct drive boat. I currently own a Supra Launch SSV (wanna buy it before the snow melts?) and will be upgrading to a new PS214 for 2011. I'm trying to keep the base boat fairly light for slalom use, so the options will be limited to a tower/racks, depth finder, Ilmore 5.7, and 4 speaker stereo. I actually decided against the MC towers since they look pretty terrible to me. My dealer got in touch with New Dimensions and they decided to use my boat as the template for a custom fit tower for the 214/X14 at what's actually less cost than the MC base tower. I can always add Fat Sacs, but taking hard tanks out to lighten the boat isn't going to happen. We often have more people in the boat when boarding anyway.

General color combo is white and canadian blue for the hull and white/navy for the interior with light blue accents.

broncotw
12-29-2010, 04:17 PM
Looks great! I have the Canadian Blue Flake on my 2010 Prostar 190TT and I love it! Congratulations!!!

gts-20
12-29-2010, 04:52 PM
I love your color scheme. We saw a 2011 x14v here in Houston with a very similar scheme w/ the blue flake, looked amazing! I've been very happy with the performance of our PS214 so far, only one summer and 32 hours on it so far. What windshield did you opt for? The only thing we might do different is the mini tower, but you only have to hit your head once to remember to duck, lol.

TN X-45
12-29-2010, 04:53 PM
+1 for the Canadian Blue! It is pretty understated when the sun is not directly shining on it, but when it does it really stands out. The silver always seems to sparkle. Is the platform flake?

sully
12-29-2010, 05:29 PM
Another vote for the Canadian Blue

FourFourty
12-29-2010, 05:49 PM
That will be an awesome looking boat!! I am partial to teak platforms, but other than that, :worthy:

Double D
12-29-2010, 06:27 PM
I was poking around a while ago asking about the ski-ability of the 214V and X14V, but after getting behind them I decided to go back to a direct drive boat. I currently own a Supra Launch SSV (wanna buy it before the snow melts?) and will be upgrading to a new PS214 for 2011. I'm trying to keep the base boat fairly light for slalom use, so the options will be limited to a tower/racks, depth finder, Ilmore 5.7, and 4 speaker stereo. I actually decided against the MC towers since they look pretty terrible to me. My dealer got in touch with New Dimensions and they decided to use my boat as the template for a custom fit tower for the 214/X14 at what's actually less cost than the MC base tower. I can always add Fat Sacs, but taking hard tanks out to lighten the boat isn't going to happen. We often have more people in the boat when boarding anyway.

General color combo is white and canadian blue for the hull and white/navy for the interior with light blue accents.

Love the look! Proud of you for going DD, the only way to go... IMO :rolleyes:

The8Ball
12-29-2010, 10:18 PM
I say go classic. Forget the wakeboard rack altogether. A direct drive is a slalom boat. Just go with it, the way god intended it. Thankfully, no pickle fork either.

Like the color scheme... minus the light blue accents... that shade of light blue doesn't blend well with the others, IMO. Maybe match that accent to the carpet color or something... That would tie it together better.

Not trying to be too over critical... I'm the kind of friend that would also tell you if you had booger on your face.

eficalibrator
12-30-2010, 07:38 AM
What windshield did you opt for?
I'm just doing the standard windshield. I've never footed before. If I learn it will either be on the line or off someone else's boat.
Is the platform flake?
At the moment, I still planning on doing the canadian blue there too but I might change that to navy.
I say go classic. Forget the wakeboard rack altogether. A direct drive is a slalom boat. Just go with it, the way god intended it. Thankfully, no pickle fork either.

...I'm the kind of friend that would also tell you if you had booger on your face.
I still like to board with friends and the wife wants the tower to open up rear seat space when we're dragging one of the nephews on skis or the tube. (Don't get upset, the tube is not even anywhere near the boat 99.9% of the time!) Like I said earlier, I'll be getting a New Dimensions tower with a more classic design than the MC ones with the giant billet uprights. My current boat doesn't have board racks on the tower and it's kind of a PITA constantly climbing over gear or passing it to the front. I'm doing board racks on one side and ski racks on the other to fix this.

I almost forgot, I'm also having the dealer install a wake plate. I'm told this can help the wake for running the course at 30 or 32 mph as well as boarding. I'll take all the help I can get until I get good enough to run short line a bit faster.

I have a cold now and probably actually have a booger on my face. Thanks!

2RLAKE
12-30-2010, 08:25 AM
you will love the 214 boat ... next summer will be the 4th season on ours and we love it

duckguy
12-30-2010, 09:08 AM
I'm ready to see you try footing on the line for the first time.

eficalibrator
12-30-2010, 11:07 AM
I'm ready to see you try footing on the line for the first time.

It will probably have about the same entertainment value for my passengers as watching me learn how to do 7/8's of a backroll on the board. :o

Barefooter92
12-30-2010, 10:49 PM
Awesome boat best look yet this off season. I too would have to go teak and maybe some orange or red accent. other than that SWEET!

eficalibrator
05-09-2011, 10:23 PM
Lake trial today. You know the Canadian Blue Flake is seriously bright in the sun when the guy with a tournament bass boat on the next ramp compliments the color. Water temp was 66.4 on Lake Fenton, I'm thinking ski season starts on Thursday for me with a wetsuit.

MIskier
05-10-2011, 12:24 AM
Love the boat, and the fact that you bought it from the guys at Action...wonderful people to deal with! Thats water temp isnt too bad, I was worrying that the water was going to be too cold to ski when I get home at the end of the week, but it looks like Michigan ski season will be starting for me at the end of the week as well.

Ben
05-10-2011, 07:25 AM
Nice play on the tower. I really like the "classic" ND style.

JohnE
05-10-2011, 08:14 AM
I missed this thread originally. Nice looking boat. I'd have probably gone with the ND mini tower. Love the look of that one. Full tower looks good though.