PDA

View Full Version : New boat ordered as well...

FourFourty
12-29-2010, 03:53 PM
Production start date is jan 5....so I am told. Estimated to be at dealer early feb. Trying to figure out how I will ever be able to wait till May to get this baby out!

I still have a couple days to make minor changes, so I figured I would throw it to the wolves for comments :D

It is hard to tell from the picture but the Interior accent colors are actually navy (bottom of seats) and Black (top accents on seats). In the pic it looks like all black accents. Some may wonder why I chose navy on a med blue boat.... It is because the navy on the new vinyl is alot more blue than the picture shows, and the med blue vinyl is way too light for me. In the DAB, the med blue looks great. In person it is just too light and loud for me. The Navy is a nice medium blue, and the new vinyl is pretty glossy..... The fact that I am a big fan of Dark blue/black combos helps too. Almost went with blue flake instead of mediterranian blue, But I really like the Med Blue Gel. And the Navy Gel is really dark.

Let me know what you think!!

Double D
12-29-2010, 04:05 PM
Really, the last thing you want to do it post it up here for advice on what you want... :D :rolleyes:

Good Luck!! Not my style, but nice boat.

Covi
12-29-2010, 04:08 PM
All right with all these new boat builds latley in such a bad economy I have a few questions? If you are not ok answering them then don't it's up to you.

1. Nice boat, where in the northeast are you? I ask because I don't want to boat where you do so that my 86' still looks good :)

2. What is your line of work?

3. what does one of these things go for out the door? This is the most invasive questions and don't mind if you decline. However it will bum me and probably a lot of others out.

4. Was it a hard decisions not to go with metal flake? I personally love metal flake!

ddanenberger
12-29-2010, 04:26 PM
I don't know if you have seen this combination in person, but here is a similar boat we saw at the factory. I was sharp. The trailer was the low profile.

ddanenberger
12-29-2010, 04:28 PM
full boat photo

willowtreexx
12-29-2010, 04:29 PM
All right with all these new boat builds latley in such a bad economy I have a few questions? If you are not ok answering them then don't it's up to you.

1. Nice boat, where in the northeast are you? I ask because I don't want to boat where you do so that my 86' still looks good :)

2. What is your line of work?

3. what does one of these things go for out the door? This is the most invasive questions and don't mind if you decline. However it will bum me and probably a lot of others out.

4. Was it a hard decisions not to go with metal flake? I personally love metal flake!

respectfully I wonder the same thing. I love the color combo, great choice all around. :headbang:

FourFourty
12-29-2010, 04:48 PM

1. Nice boat, where in the northeast are you? I ask because I don't want to boat where you do so that my 86' still looks good :) Brandon, VT (just north of Rutland). I am usually on Dunmore or Bomoseen

2. What is your line of work? Animal Feed Manufacturing.....However, I have Rental property, and thats how I pay for toys

3. what does one of these things go for out the door? This is the most invasive questions and don't mind if you decline. However it will bum me and probably a lot of others out. It was around $85k.

4. Was it a hard decisions not to go with metal flake? I personally love metal flake!Yes, I couldnt really decide.... If the color layout was the same as last year, I would have done flake.

I used to have multiple toys all of the time. ie Snowmobile, ATV, Motorcycle etc. I dont anymore. My boat is my only toy, and in the winter I snowboard now. So, couple that with MasterCrafts stellar depreciation, and it is justifyable to me to spend that much. I had looked at alot of cheaper boats before pulling the trigger on the MC. Priced a Malibu, and even A Yammy AR240(dont ask). Once I found out that I would loose more $ over the next five years to own one of those, I decided to buck up and get the MC. Its more up front, but wont cost me any more to own than the $45k yammy, or the Malibu, over the next five years. And FYI an equivelent spec'd 23LSV was only 6k less than the X-25....And the LSV was quoted with a 6.0. Had a 6.2 been available through malibu, the gap would have been smaller.

FourFourty
12-29-2010, 04:54 PM
I don't know if you have seen this combination in person, but here is a similar boat we saw at the factory. I was sharp. The trailer was the low profile.

That is the boat that inspired my final revisions on color. I would have done more black on mine, but I hate dealing with black sometimes. Its a full time job keeping it pristine. I love that boat, and mine wont be quite as sharp, but I will bang my head off the wall less. :D

Its crazy how much better Med Blue looks in real life compared to DAB. Especially against black....

broncotw
12-29-2010, 05:04 PM
I think your fine! I may of opted to trim the seats with either all blue or all black as opposed to mixing them... Either way I think it will look sharp! Congratulations on you new addition!

Covi
12-29-2010, 05:04 PM
I used to have multiple toys all of the time. ie Snowmobile, ATV, Motorcycle etc. I dont anymore. My boat is my only toy, and in the winter I snowboard now. So, couple that with MasterCrafts stellar depreciation, and it is justifyable to me to spend that much. I had looked at alot of cheaper boats before pulling the trigger on the MC. Priced a Malibu, and even A Yammy AR240(dont ask). Once I found out that I would loose more $ over the next five years to own one of those, I decided to buck up and get the MC. Its more up front, but wont cost me any more to own than the $45k yammy, or the Malibu, over the next five years. And FYI an equivelent spec'd 23LSV was only 6k less than the X-25....And the LSV was quoted with a 6.0. Had a 6.2 been available through malibu, the gap would have been smaller.

Very, very, very well put!!! Thanks for the answers. Enjoy it. But still what lake?

T-bone
12-29-2010, 05:43 PM
Nice looking combination. I see you ordered it from Castaway on Lake George. We bought our 2000 X-Star from them over 10 years ago. What lake do you boat on? If it's Lake George, that'll be a great boat for that lake.

TXMC-06X2
12-29-2010, 06:33 PM
I really love the color combo along with the flint interior. Congrats and I look forward to seeing the final product

Archimedes
12-29-2010, 06:39 PM
Great looking boat and a good price relative to what I saw X25s going for around here last year.

Re: the other picture posted, does Mastercraft really sell trailers with those gangsta chrome rims on them? Is Lil' Wayne and 50 Cent the new target market?

FourFourty
12-29-2010, 06:41 PM
Very, very, very well put!!! Thanks for the answers. Enjoy it. But still what lake?

Lake Dunmore, and Lake Bomoseen.

Nice looking combination. I see you ordered it from Castaway on Lake George. We bought our 2000 X-Star from them over 10 years ago. What lake do you boat on? If it's Lake George, that'll be a great boat for that lake.

Mostly the two above, however, a bunch of friends and I always rent an island on LG for the week of the 4th of July, and sometimes for labor day weekend. So, this boat will see some time on LG. The peeps at Castaway are great to deal with.

I really love the color combo along with the flint interior. Congrats and I look forward to seeing the final product

Thanks. I will post pics when it shows up!

Covi
12-29-2010, 06:43 PM
Lake Dunmore, and Lake Bomoseen.

Mostly the two above, however, a bunch of friends and I always rent an island on LG for the week of the 4th of July, and sometimes for labor day weekend. So, this boat will see some time on LG. The peeps at Castaway are great to deal with.

Thanks. I will post pics when it shows up!

Dude, VT your killing me! Love it!

FourFourty
12-29-2010, 06:50 PM
Dude, VT your killing me! Love it!

What lake are you on??

Covi
12-29-2010, 07:18 PM
All over. usually lake Sunapee NH. Otherwise caspian, waterbury res. champlain (although it gets crazy with such a small boat). I've been wanting to check out Bomoseen I hear good things about it..

mccobmd
12-29-2010, 07:24 PM
Don't apologize for looking at the Yammy, I looked at the same boat when I bought my X1. Came down to quality and the fact that the Yammy sucks a lot more gas. Oh yeah and the wake on the Yamaha is a joke compared to the X1. I can only imagine the X25 wake.

Jerseydave
12-29-2010, 08:11 PM
440, nice looking boat! Thalia @ Castaway is a great person......and they hosted the northeast reunion for the last 2 years. You WILL be coming to that with your new ride, right! :)

FourFourty
12-29-2010, 10:17 PM
All over. usually lake Sunapee NH. Otherwise caspian, waterbury res. champlain (although it gets crazy with such a small boat). I've been wanting to check out Bomoseen I hear good things about it..

Bomo is a nice lake. You should definitely check it out sometime. A little rough sometimes, but not bad. Not nearly as bad as Champlain, Just not as smooth as Dunmore.

Don't apologize for looking at the Yammy, I looked at the same boat when I bought my X1. Came down to quality and the fact that the Yammy sucks a lot more gas. Oh yeah and the wake on the Yamaha is a joke compared to the X1. I can only imagine the X25 wake. I am surprised they would burn more fuel. My last boat was a Sea-Doo Speedster 430hp (twin 215hp) And I only burned about 4-5 gallons per hour towing. The speedster is a pretty light boat though. And you are right about the wake. I boarded behind an AR230 and the wake was no different than my Speedster.... I looked at the Yammy because it was alot cheaper, and then I saw that they lose over half their value in three years.....

440, nice looking boat! Thalia @ Castaway is a great person......and they hosted the northeast reunion for the last 2 years. You WILL be coming to that with your new ride, right! :)
I hope to be there, yes!

Jet
01-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Congrats on your purchase !

Boat show is coming at the end of the month and I am starting to think about changing my X15 for the X25, price tag seems high though, even before the new tower.

Can you tell me how much ballast weight comes stock with the boat ?

X25 looks great with your colour scheme.

FourFourty
01-11-2011, 04:15 PM
Congrats on your purchase !

Boat show is coming at the end of the month and I am starting to think about changing my X15 for the X25, price tag seems high though, even before the new tower.

Can you tell me how much ballast weight comes stock with the boat ?

X25 looks great with your colour scheme.

I Believe the stock ballast is about 800lbs.....although that is just what the salesperson told me. I am wondering myself, as I would like to know for sure. MC doesnt state ballast weights anywhere....

One thing that does seem to hold true is that the X25 requires alot less ballast than the X15 because of the shape of the hull.

As far as price goes, I didnt think they were alot different. I was thinking that base price on the 15 was only 2-3k less than the 25. I could be wrong about that though. If you are comparing using the price of my boat, It has alot of pricey options...... I priced it before with a 6.0 instead of 6.2, only two tower speakers, no tower lights, no chartplotter, no underwater lights, no transom remote, no attitude plate, no seat heaters..... And that configuration was almost 14k cheaper. 18k cheaper if you could live with an MCX.

Jet
01-12-2011, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the answers, price wise, it is starting to be very interesting. Have you taken a look at the new tower at all, the ZF5 ? On the X15, the tower is pretty shaky when the water gets a bit rough, but that may also depend on the stability of the boat.

I will call my dealer and look into it.

FourFourty
01-12-2011, 06:39 PM
Jet- Tossed around the idea of ZFT5P tower a lot... Following reasons why I did not get it. In order of importance.-

1-Not only does the tower cost 5k more, but the speakers and lights also cost more. Not a little more....almost twice as much. So by the time you get 4 speakers and lights on it, its $7500 more than the same setup on the ZFT3

2-Judging by the one I grabbed ahold of and shook, it has way too much side to side movement.

3-No way to manually lower!

4-No bimini yet. And I am sure I wouldnt want to know what that will cost.

5-They might not get you today, They might not get you tomorrow, but eventually, the electrical gremlins on that tower will get you....And it will cost you. It may cost you a little, It may cost you a lot, but its gonna cost you. Scratch that, It WILL cost a lot!!

That tower is a marvel of engineering, and it has TONS of cool factor!! However, I love the looks of the ZFT3. It may not be the easiest tower to lower, but it isnt that bad....