PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Question

ctjahn
12-29-2010, 10:58 AM
Dumb Question

Anyone ever drill a big hole on the side of the boat on the rail to put a drink holder in? I see some places have the stainless holder...

Yea, I know I could just use a surface mount....

Cj

snork
12-29-2010, 11:21 AM
I believe you keep your drink in hand

thatsmrmastercraft
12-29-2010, 12:26 PM
Other options as well.

woodrowskis
01-11-2011, 04:33 PM
If you mean the top of the side you can probbaly get away with it. Beware of whats under, wiring harness ,etc. goes through there.

I did drill two cup holders on an 86, one by mirror (they were surface mounted then) and one just to the left of the instrument panel for the drive. I just made sure I did not hit the reinforced areas of the fiberglass. there is a photo attached. You could glass in a steel ring or other reinforcement, similar to backing plates for towers. I am not a factory guy or anything so I would try to get a recommendation for exact locations from a dealer mechanic or similar. there is a photo attached

scott023
01-11-2011, 04:56 PM
Other options as well.

I'll take the second from the right. Thanks. :tiphat:

thatsmrmastercraft
01-11-2011, 04:59 PM
Wouldn't we all:rolleyes:

thatsmrmastercraft
01-11-2011, 05:01 PM
If you mean the top of the side you can probbaly get away with it. Beware of whats under, wiring harness ,etc. goes through there.

I did drill two cup holders on an 86, one by mirror (they were surface mounted then) and one just to the left of the instrument panel for the drive. I just made sure I did not hit the reinforced areas of the fiberglass. there is a photo attached. You could glass in a steel ring or other reinforcement, similar to backing plates for towers. I am not a factory guy or anything so I would try to get a recommendation for exact locations from a dealer mechanic or similar. there is a photo attached

Nice job on the drink holders. And welcome to Team Talk if you haven't heard from the welcome wagon yet.

scott023
01-11-2011, 05:27 PM
Wouldn't we all:rolleyes:

No, you get furthest right.