PDA

View Full Version : new Member, just wanted to say hi

willowtreexx
12-27-2010, 01:13 PM
new here and just wanted to say "hi"

dont have a MC yet but looking and researching to make sure i get what i want. 23 years old and looking to get into the boating scene.

I live in Chicagoland and would run the boat in Fox Lake, Twin Cities area, and Minocqua.

Got a 2003 Z71 suburban to tow the MC with,

looking at a 1997 or newer PS190 with the LT-1 in it. want more HP :D

so yeah,,, no boat but i have a few MC things ready

-Greg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a302/-Greg-/839ce2c0.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a302/-Greg-/fda75715.jpg

The8Ball
12-27-2010, 01:46 PM
Good luck! ...

http://www.boattrader.com/

Hammer
12-27-2010, 02:51 PM
Welcome and good luck with the search!

thatsmrmastercraft
12-27-2010, 03:33 PM
Welcome to Team Talk. Good luck with finding THE boat for you. If you need someone to take a preliminary look at a boat in my neck of the wood let me know. Once you buy, and if the snow melts, give a shout when you are going to be on the water here - maybe we can meet on the water somewhere.

TXMC-06X2
12-27-2010, 03:35 PM
Welcome to TT. Good luck with the boat search!!

east tx skier
12-27-2010, 03:48 PM
Welcome. Give a look to the PS 190 changes by year thread in the FAQ. 1995--1997 PS190 are the same hull. So is the Sportstar/Skier 19. Lots of HP options depending on the year. If you aren't set on HP, the TBI engines from 98 forward were nice and torque heavy Vortec engines that were darned near bullet proof. LT1s will show up into the 99 model year and the hp crept up in the late 90s (I'm guessing 97 considering your post). The Sportstar/Skier 19 models tend to be a bit less expensive and were built through about 2004 IIRC.

Good luck with your search.

broncotw
12-27-2010, 03:53 PM
Welcome to TT.... Once you find and purchase a MC we expect to see many pictures of it here on this forum.... Keep us posted....

willowtreexx
12-27-2010, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the welcoms everyone!

Welcome to Team Talk. Good luck with finding THE boat for you. If you need someone to take a preliminary look at a boat in my neck of the wood let me know. Once you buy, and if the snow melts, give a shout when you are going to be on the water here - maybe we can meet on the water somewhere.

I really appreciate it! I might have to take you up on the prelim look if its in the area. Im quite familiar with Woodbury, Mankato, and Twin cities area and spent a few days on Lake Minnetonka for 'big island' Ill have to come up there and get out on the water with ya this year.

Welcome. Give a look to the PS 190 changes by year thread in the FAQ. 1995--1997 PS190 are the same hull. So is the Sportstar/Skier 19. Lots of HP options depending on the year. If you aren't set on HP, the TBI engines from 98 forward were nice and torque heavy Vortec engines that were darned near bullet proof. LT1s will show up into the 99 model year and the hp crept up in the late 90s (I'm guessing 97 considering your post). The Sportstar/Skier 19 models tend to be a bit less expensive and were built through about 2004 IIRC.

Good luck with your search.

thanks, and thanks to your hefty, lengthy, and info filled threads on the history of the boats, which i read them all last night, i got a lot to think about as for what to look for.

I would like the boat to hit 45mph, and not sure if the 285hp motors would be able to accomplish that? still more searching needs to be done. also not looking to spend more than $17,000 on it.

willowtreexx
12-27-2010, 04:01 PM
Welcome to TT.... Once you find and purchase a MC we expect to see many pictures of it here on this forum.... Keep us posted....

oh no worries, ill make sure i show it off plenty. and ill also have to post in the "tow rigs" thread too :)

east tx skier
12-27-2010, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the welcoms everyone!

I really appreciate it! I might have to take you up on the prelim look if its in the area. Im quite familiar with Woodbury, Mankato, and Twin cities area and spent a few days on Lake Minnetonka for 'big island' Ill have to come up there and get out on the water with ya this year.

thanks, and thanks to your hefty, lengthy, and info filled threads on the history of the boats, which i read them all last night, i got a lot to think about as for what to look for.

I would like the boat to hit 45mph, and not sure if the 285hp motors would be able to accomplish that? still more searching needs to be done. also not looking to spend more than $17,000 on it.

For starters, C36 compiled those history threads. I cannot take credit for his hard work.

My 93 with an acme 3 blade (#541) would hit 45.5 on the GPS at WOT. This was with the the 10+ year old 351 HO (285 hp) before I upgraded the intake, which didn't alter the top end. Most of these older hulls, i.e., the ones you're considering, should get you to 45 mph running a cnc'd 3 blade with no problem and without the extra horses of the LT1. Not that I'm saying don't go for the LT1. But the Vortec TBI motor will do it, at least it will on my father in law's 1998 205.

willowtreexx
12-27-2010, 04:13 PM
For starters, C36 compiled those history threads. I cannot take credit for his hard work.

youre absolutely right, props to C36, you just compiled them into an easy to get to FAQ place, so thanks for that too!

My 93 with an acme 3 blade (#541) would hit 45.5 on the GPS at WOT. This was with the the 10+ year old 351 HO (285 hp) before I upgraded the intake, which didn't alter the top end. Most of these older hulls, i.e., the ones you're considering, should get you to 45 mph running a cnc'd 3 blade with no problem and without the extra horses of the LT1. Not that I'm saying don't go for the LT1. But the Vortec TBI motor will do it, at least it will on my father in law's 1998 205.

good to know! ill have to keep that in mind now when looking. going a bit older will also help keep the price down, along with not having to specifically get the LT-1 as well.

JohnE
12-27-2010, 04:47 PM
Welcome and good luck with the search.

The8Ball
12-27-2010, 06:25 PM
Go for the LT1. How often can you get a Corvette motor - in anything?

That said... doesn't matter if your boat is 30 years old or 1 year old... corvette engine or not... V-8 inboards top out just under/around 50 mph... whether you spend $10,000 or $100,000.

My LT1 98 PS 205: 47 mph (4-blade 13x13 prop)
With the other engine: 45 mph

...per the manual.

Mgboyd25
12-27-2010, 08:05 PM
Im 23 and just bought my first boat also. Its a really exciting and fun experience when you finally get to go pick that boat up. Check the various threads out in the event that you need to fix anything on the boat you buy because they have helped me out already...
If your ever in Akron Oh and want a pull let me know brother....

willowtreexx
12-28-2010, 10:15 AM
Go for the LT1. How often can you get a Corvette motor - in anything?

That said... doesn't matter if your boat is 30 years old or 1 year old... corvette engine or not... V-8 inboards top out just under/around 50 mph... whether you spend $10,000 or $100,000.

My LT1 98 PS 205: 47 mph (4-blade 13x13 prop)
With the other engine: 45 mph

...per the manual.

great to know! thanks for the info

Im 23 and just bought my first boat also. Its a really exciting and fun experience when you finally get to go pick that boat up. Check the various threads out in the event that you need to fix anything on the boat you buy because they have helped me out already...
If your ever in Akron Oh and want a pull let me know brother....

thanks man, not sure when im going to be in Akron but ill have to hit you up for sure. what MC did you end up buying?

Mgboyd25
12-28-2010, 01:37 PM
thanks man, not sure when im going to be in Akron but ill have to hit you up for sure. what MC did you end up buying?[/QUOTE]

I was actually looking for a newer 190 just like you but decided to save a little longer and buy an open bow. I traveled to the lakes of the Ozarks to get a 2004 X7 on Thanksgiving this year
Do you have any friends that are knowledgable about these boats that can go look the boats over with you? It does help

willowtreexx
12-28-2010, 01:52 PM
thanks man, not sure when im going to be in Akron but ill have to hit you up for sure. what MC did you end up buying?

I was actually looking for a newer 190 just like you but decided to save a little longer and buy an open bow. I traveled to the lakes of the Ozarks to get a 2004 X7 on Thanksgiving this year
Do you have any friends that are knowledgable about these boats that can go look the boats over with you? It does help[/QUOTE]

oh man, that must have been a fun trip for sure!! I've been searching www.boattrader.com for one i like and getting ideas on prices.

i dont really have knowledgable friends in that sense, one owns a 26' baja with a built 502 and my other buddy gets a brand new Tige every year, or his family does for that sake. they just get whats new... not for specific features.

03geetee
12-28-2010, 01:53 PM
Welcome aboard! Great people on this site with great info helped me a ton when purchasing our boat last year.

Couldnt have registered to a better forum with better people then Team Talk.

Also check out www.onlyinboards.com they have a great search function for boats all across the country.

JTR

Barefooter92
12-28-2010, 01:55 PM
I too wanted the sought after 95 PS 190 with LT1...then twins happend and now PS 205 is sitting in the barn. Does everything I want at this time. They are out there be paitent and you will find the one with low hours and no maintenance. Half the fun is in the search.

Ski-me
12-28-2010, 01:58 PM
Are you after a great ski wake or a decent wakeboarding or a combo type wake? Depending on what you want, that will point you to different years. The document that Eastie refered to was amazing and that helped me out a TON!

For example, I wanted the best ski wake possible with an open bow and fuel injection. That put me in the 94-95 era for a 205. I also wanted the LT1 because I live at a higher altitude. In 96' they changed the hull (for the 205) to a more wakeboarder friendly, less ski friendly wake. Fortunately for me, the one that fit me was the older (and cheaper) boat.

I got mine for $14k and 200hrs on it. Have absolutely loved it and so many in here helped me get it exactly the way I wanted (saved a ton of money fixing it myself)!

Don't forget extra cash for ropes, life jackets, skis, etc. Basically "gear" for the boat.

Happy hunting!

willowtreexx
12-28-2010, 01:59 PM
Welcome aboard! Great people on this site with great info helped me a ton when purchasing our boat last year.

Couldnt have registered to a better forum with better people then Team Talk.

Also check out www.onlyinboards.com they have a great search function for boats all across the country.

JTR

Thanks for the URL. ill have to activly check that one out too now. and you cant be more right, everyone here is extremly nice and knowledgable. Props to everyone and the forum as a whole. :toast:
I too wanted the sought after 95 PS 190 with LT1...then twins happend and now PS 205 is sitting in the barn. Does everything I want at this time. They are out there be paitent and you will find the one with low hours and no maintenance. Half the fun is in the search.

Ill be happy to take yours off your hands if its just sitting in a barn ;). ha totally agree, the fun is in the chase, and the fun is in finding a boat you can enjoy and not have to fix all the time by waiting and finding a great example

also thinking of selling the motorcycle to help fund this new toy. Probably be safer in the boat than a bike anyways...

Mgboyd25
12-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Do you have any friends that are knowledgable about these boats that can go look the boats over with you? It does help

oh man, that must have been a fun trip for sure!! I've been searching www.boattrader.com for one i like and getting ideas on prices.

i dont really have knowledgable friends in that sense, one owns a 26' baja with a built 502 and my other buddy gets a brand new Tige every year, or his family does for that sake. they just get whats new... not for specific features.[/QUOTE]

Check out onlyinboards.com thats where i found mine
also check out ski-it-again.com and there is a thread on here just for members boats for sale in the marketplace section

Double D
12-28-2010, 06:57 PM
Anyone send you this yet?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-Mastercraft-Prostar-190-LT1-330hp-trailer-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4aa75d9ae6QQitemZ32063 5509478QQptZPowerQ5fMotorboats#ht_10398wt_1165

new here and just wanted to say "hi"

dont have a MC yet but looking and researching to make sure i get what i want. 23 years old and looking to get into the boating scene.

I live in Chicagoland and would run the boat in Fox Lake, Twin Cities area, and Minocqua.

Got a 2003 Z71 suburban to tow the MC with,

looking at a 1997 or newer PS190 with the LT-1 in it. want more HP :D

so yeah,,, no boat but i have a few MC things ready

-Greg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a302/-Greg-/839ce2c0.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a302/-Greg-/fda75715.jpg

willowtreexx
12-28-2010, 07:34 PM
No, but i have seen it on Boattrader.com and i think they posted it on the forum here too... i could be wrong though. i wonder how much they would let it go for

willowtreexx
12-28-2010, 07:38 PM
same boat i believe

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/1998-MASTERCRAFT-Pro-Star-190-LT1-97837192

my only problem is i dont have the cash right this second and with it being winter, i wouldnt be able to test drive it which im HUGE on. I also like to look at the boat a couple times before purchasing it, cause every time i think of, or see something new that helps the decision.

thats exactly what i want though!!

03geetee
12-28-2010, 09:29 PM
Fly out and drive it then you will know for sure!

JTR

willowtreexx
12-29-2010, 12:10 AM
Fly out and drive it then you will know for sure!

JTR

i am considering it. I would probably drive so i could tow it home... there will be more out there though

TN X-45
12-29-2010, 09:11 AM
This is my favorite:

http://boat.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/boat.cgi

Searches all of the Craigslist and Ebay listings in U.S. and Canada.

CantRepeat
12-29-2010, 09:31 AM
Welcome to TT. If need someone to look at a boat in the middle eastern part of Alabama let me know.

willowtreexx
12-29-2010, 12:14 PM
This is my favorite:

http://boat.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/boat.cgi

Searches all of the Craigslist and Ebay listings in U.S. and Canada.

GREAT FIND! i dont know how i havent run across that yet

Welcome to TT. If need someone to look at a boat in the middle eastern part of Alabama let me know.

Thanks! and I appreciate the offer. Ill have to keep that in mind when looking around for the MC :cool: