PDA

View Full Version : Netherlands meets US

Machiel
12-27-2010, 06:21 AM
Hi all !

I registered myself today.. So I'm quite new here ;-)
I am Machiel and I'm living in the Netherlands. In january I will order my brand new mastercraft X-25. I'm so excited and looking forward having my boat in about 4 months.

As per 28 of Feb till 20 March 2011, I will come to Florida/Orlando/Miami !!!!. Celebrating my honeymoon ! :woohoo:

I will visit 3-4 days disneyworld and the rest of the days.. Chillin' hard and go all over the place.

I really need your help which places are cool to visit. For sure mastercraft Florida and mastercraft Orlando right?
I travel my way there with empty suitcases, and my way back with overloaded suitcases. So tips for cool shopping centers are welcome too ! 8p
Offcourse to buy some cool surf and wakeboard stuff @ cool stores.

Is there somewhere a cool wakeboard event in the period 28. feb - 20. March?

Is there anyone who want to meet me and my girl somewhere around there? (Florida/Miami/Orlando)

So who is willing to help us/meet us? 8p

Byeeeee !
Machiel & Patricia

thatsmrmastercraft
12-27-2010, 10:45 AM
Welcome to Team Talk. Sound like you have everything working in the right direction, but I might have gotten the boat first - then married second. :D

I can't help you with any recommendations from here in Minnesota, but I'm sure there will be plenty of people along to lend a hand.

Congrats on the upcoming wedding and mastercraft!

TN X-45
12-27-2010, 01:21 PM
Definitely check this out
http://www.orlandowatersports.com/

A cable park to ride at.....

east tx skier
12-27-2010, 03:52 PM
Cypress Gardens in Winter Haven, FL isn't too far from Orlando. If you want to rent a car and if they are doing anything in Feb/Mar., you should check them out.

Cypress Gardens (http://www.cypressgardens.com/)

DooSPX
12-27-2010, 05:31 PM
Cypress Gardens in Winter Haven, FL isn't too far from Orlando. If you want to rent a car and if they are doing anything in Feb/Mar., you should check them out.

cypress gardens is no more Doug...
no ski shows, no nothing...

I live about 30 minutes south of there.

Jerseydave
12-27-2010, 06:01 PM
Here are some ideas:
In Orlando for gear go to performance ski and surf
http://www.perfski.com/

Best MC dealer in florida, see Jim @
www.bayareawatersports.com

The only cable that goes clockwise, plus a great site for slalom lessons try
http://www.skimccormick.com/

Another florida west coast spot to ride boat, try
http://www.waterskimarcoisland.com/waterskimarcoisland/Wakeboarding.html

Still pretty chilly in feb (sometimes downright cold), bring a shorty or at least a heater top

Lots of good people on here from florida, maybe somebody will give you a pull. Have a nice trip!

east tx skier
12-27-2010, 09:44 PM

Really? I thought they had reopened it.

timvan
12-28-2010, 07:24 AM
waar in nederland woon je? Mijn ouders zijn geboren in Utrect

jdl xstar
12-28-2010, 10:42 AM
Really? I thought they had reopened it.

Lego Land bought the complex and is currently building a new park.

jdl xstar
12-28-2010, 10:50 AM
Hi all !

I registered myself today.. So I'm quite new here ;-)
I am Machiel and I'm living in the Netherlands. In january I will order my brand new mastercraft X-25. I'm so excited and looking forward having my boat in about 4 months.

As per 28 of Feb till 20 March 2011, I will come to Florida/Orlando/Miami !!!!. Celebrating my honeymoon ! :woohoo:

I will visit 3-4 days disneyworld and the rest of the days.. Chillin' hard and go all over the place.

I really need your help which places are cool to visit. For sure mastercraft Florida and mastercraft Orlando right?
I travel my way there with empty suitcases, and my way back with overloaded suitcases. So tips for cool shopping centers are welcome too ! 8p
Offcourse to buy some cool surf and wakeboard stuff @ cool stores.

Is there somewhere a cool wakeboard event in the period 28. feb - 20. March?

Is there anyone who want to meet me and my girl somewhere around there? (Florida/Miami/Orlando)

So who is willing to help us/meet us? 8p

Byeeeee !
Machiel & Patricia

I'll keep these dates on my calendar and try to arrange an afternoon out on one of the Orlando lakes which i think you'd enjoy. Look up "Park Avenue in Winter Park" and try to see it while you're in central FL. Its one of the best areas in fl as far as restaurants/shops/charm and just 20 minutes drive north from Disney and out of the tourist zone. Be in touch! Jon

Machiel
12-30-2010, 02:40 PM
Welcome to Team Talk. Sound like you have everything working in the right direction, but I might have gotten the boat first - then married second. :D

I can't help you with any recommendations from here in Minnesota, but I'm sure there will be plenty of people along to lend a hand.

Congrats on the upcoming wedding and mastercraft!

Thanks for your message anyway man !

You are wakeboarding on lake superior close to Minnesota?;)

Machiel
12-30-2010, 02:41 PM
Definitely check this out
http://www.orlandowatersports.com/

A cable park to ride at.....

Wow cool !!!! definetly be there !!!!:cool:

Machiel
12-30-2010, 02:44 PM

Too bad, thanks !

thatsmrmastercraft
12-30-2010, 02:48 PM
Thanks for your message anyway man !

You are wakeboarding on lake superior close to Minnesota?;)

I'm a couple hundred miles south of Lake Superior. The water temp in that lake only warms up to about 55 degrees so it wouldn't be my first choice. I have seen people surfing off the mouth of the Lester River on the north side of Duluth, MN.

Machiel
12-30-2010, 03:21 PM
Here are some ideas:
In Orlando for gear go to performance ski and surf
http://www.perfski.com/

Best MC dealer in florida, see Jim @
www.bayareawatersports.com

The only cable that goes clockwise, plus a great site for slalom lessons try
http://www.skimccormick.com/

Another florida west coast spot to ride boat, try
http://www.waterskimarcoisland.com/waterskimarcoisland/Wakeboarding.html

Still pretty chilly in feb (sometimes downright cold), bring a shorty or at least a heater top

Lots of good people on here from florida, maybe somebody will give you a pull. Have a nice trip!

wowowow.. check this out...! I wrote it down, all of them.. now check how I can travel the best.. from north to south or the other way around. Doubting landing on florida or miami..
Still thinking to visit daytona beach, also a beauty right?
thanks man !

Machiel
12-30-2010, 03:27 PM
I'm a couple hundred miles south of Lake Superior. The water temp in that lake only warms up to about 55 degrees so it wouldn't be my first choice. I have seen people surfing off the mouth of the Lester River on the north side of Duluth, MN.

55 degrees......???:eek:

I checked google earth.. what a huge lake!

Machiel
12-30-2010, 03:30 PM
waar in nederland woon je? Mijn ouders zijn geboren in Utrect

Serious man? Cool !

I will suggest to talk english, so everybody can enjoy eachothers conversations.
Your parents were born in Utrecht right? where do they live now?
I live in Zaandam, that's 10 minuts from Amsterdam.. the B.I.G city ;-)
Where do you live man?:)

Machiel
12-30-2010, 03:33 PM
I'll keep these dates on my calendar and try to arrange an afternoon out on one of the Orlando lakes which i think you'd enjoy. Look up "Park Avenue in Winter Park" and try to see it while you're in central FL. Its one of the best areas in fl as far as restaurants/shops/charm and just 20 minutes drive north from Disney and out of the tourist zone. Be in touch! Jon

Hi Jon !
Looking forward to meet man, very very cool !!!:D
I will look up Park Avenue in Winter park. We will take some empty suitcases and fill them in florida/miami/anywhere !

Where do you live Jon? What boat do you have?

Nice to meet you man !

Thanks

thatsmrmastercraft
12-30-2010, 04:10 PM
55 degrees......???:eek:

I checked google earth.. what a huge lake!

Its the second largest lake on earth with a surface area of 31,700 square miles.

jdl xstar
12-31-2010, 12:17 AM
Hi Jon !

Where do you live Jon? What boat do you have

Thanks

I live in Winter Park which is 10 minutes north of downtown Orlando and 30 minutes from all the attractions. I have an 07 Xstar. (In my profile I have a photo album.)

Machiel
01-01-2011, 07:41 AM
@ Everyone : HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!!!!!!!

@ Jon: Great boat, great photo's !
I checked your place at googlemaps ;-) I know where to be ;-)

How can I travel best, like landing on Orlando or Miami? and than going south or north? I love to see it all.. So I really have to make a list of places where I want to go to..
Disney, spacecenter, de keys, everglades, miami, florida, shopping, daytona beach.. any other??

and offcourse on one of the lakes. ;-)

Thanks !

Thanks !

atlfootr
01-01-2011, 10:03 AM
Cypress Gardens in Winter Haven, FL isn't too far from Orlando.
no ski shows, no nothing...I live about 30 minutes south of there.Unfortunately, Cypress Gardens isn't ... soon to be Legoland in the Fall of 2011!
I know this because, I pass it everyday ....

Shame on YOU DooSPX :mad: (30 mins away) for not call'n and hook'n up ! :D

timvan
01-07-2011, 07:59 AM
Serious man? Cool !

I will suggest to talk english, so everybody can enjoy eachothers conversations.
Your parents were born in Utrecht right? where do they live now?
I live in Zaandam, that's 10 minuts from Amsterdam.. the B.I.G city ;-)
Where do you live man?:)

Yes my parents were born in Utrecht, curently we live in Atlanta. Ive been to Zaandam before. Jim from BAWS is also has Dutch in his blood

ericn
01-07-2011, 10:37 AM
always good to see some dutch people on the board...i was born and raised in holland, assendelft, 5 miles from Zaandam...moved to the states 6 years ago...now a diehard mastercraft owner in the US!!

dutchie
01-07-2011, 10:41 AM
i actually logged in with the wrong login...it is dutchie instead of ericn...

jdl xstar
01-07-2011, 11:47 AM
@ Everyone : HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!!!!!!!

@ Jon: Great boat, great photo's !
I checked your place at googlemaps ;-) I know where to be ;-)

How can I travel best, like landing on Orlando or Miami? and than going south or north? I love to see it all.. So I really have to make a list of places where I want to go to..
Disney, spacecenter, de keys, everglades, miami, florida, shopping, daytona beach.. any other??

and offcourse on one of the lakes. ;-)

Thanks !

Thanks !

Tough to say and depends on what you want to do it. Miami is cool and everything, but I believe you'd have more to do in Orlando with all the theme parks, etc. Miami is a 4 hour drive from Orlando so a consideration would be to fly to/from orlando so you could cruise south to Miami for a few days and them come to back to orlando. Or just fly into one city and out of another so you don't have to back track. Tampa/St. Pete is 1.5 hour drive to the west and the east coast is about an hour. (i recommend the west coast by tampa as the beaches and cities are better) There are direct flights to Miami from Amsterdam but none that i know of to orlando. But obviously getting to orlando isn't hard if you don't mind a stop somewhere.

The dates you'll be here is right during "spring break" for all the colleges and high schools which means that hotels will be booking up soon. I'd recommend firming up your travel plans soon! Good luck

Jim@BAWS
01-07-2011, 12:55 PM
Yes my parents were born in Utrecht, curently we live in Atlanta. Ive been to Zaandam before. Jim from BAWS is also has Dutch in his blood

I have not stuck my finger in the DIKE lately

Jim@BAWS

Machiel
01-09-2011, 06:51 AM
i actually logged in with the wrong login...it is dutchie instead of ericn...

Hey man ! cool !:D
Where do you live now?

C u

Machiel
01-09-2011, 06:55 AM
Tough to say and depends on what you want to do it. Miami is cool and everything, but I believe you'd have more to do in Orlando with all the theme parks, etc. Miami is a 4 hour drive from Orlando so a consideration would be to fly to/from orlando so you could cruise south to Miami for a few days and them come to back to orlando. Or just fly into one city and out of another so you don't have to back track. Tampa/St. Pete is 1.5 hour drive to the west and the east coast is about an hour. (i recommend the west coast by tampa as the beaches and cities are better) There are direct flights to Miami from Amsterdam but none that i know of to orlando. But obviously getting to orlando isn't hard if you don't mind a stop somewhere.

The dates you'll be here is right during "spring break" for all the colleges and high schools which means that hotels will be booking up soon. I'd recommend firming up your travel plans soon! Good luck

Booked my flight boys !!! :):):)

23 feb - 18 Mar wooohoooo !!
Amsterdam - Orlando
How about the room costs? What does a hotel cost me per night? (Bed and breakfast)
When I step out the plane, is it easy for us to rent a car?

And what about this:
When I am in the US, I will travel to tennessee also for about 2 days, mastercraft factoryyyyyy.. already in discussion with mastercraft for a tour :cool:
(Hope to see how they build my boat) Ordered my brand new mastercraft X25 2 weeks ago.... :-)

André
01-09-2011, 08:59 AM
When I step out the plane, is it easy for us to rent a car?

Very.What side of the road do you guys drive on?:confused:

Machiel
01-09-2011, 03:11 PM
Very.What side of the road do you guys drive on?:confused:

Same side as you guys. Right side. Glad as I am. I hate England with driving on the left side. Can you imagine how to take a roundabout. :D

So there are enough cars to rent? Great !

dutchie
01-14-2011, 08:11 AM
i live in cumming lake lanier, 45 min north of atlanta...where the hell are you wakeboarding in holland?? weather basically *** 350 out of 365 days and the lakes are horrible...

Machiel
01-14-2011, 04:44 PM
I know about the weather man. It sucks big time. Anyway, when the weather is good, less bad, we enjoy wakeboarding all day. Taking days of duty immediality, starting our engines early in the morning and turn it off as late as possible ;-)
We wakeboard around Amsterdam (IJsselmeer), It's not a 100% location, but it is ŕ cool spot with bayliner shop and a big harbor nearby.. So, we really enjoy summer ;-)

Machiel
01-14-2011, 04:52 PM
Another questions for peeps around Orlando Florida/Miami
I want to order some mastercraft by design articles but shipping these overseas is much to expensive So the sales person is willing to send the articles (towel, tshirts, caps, other little things) to a local. One of you guys able to receive it for me? I will pay directly to mastercraft in advance, they will send it to one of you and I will pick it up with you and uhmm... drink a beer? ;-)
Hope to hear from anyone..

C U in Orlando !

Where is the coolest shopping mall by the way?