PDA

View Full Version : MCX engine problem

wato
12-24-2010, 08:05 PM
Merry CHirstmas Everyone!

SO im having a problem with my X1 which i just imported to australia.. I came over to the US and test drove the boat so i know it was all good over there...

I put the boat in the water for the first time last night and after about 10 seconds of the motor running i got a warning siren and it was flashing "CHECK ENGINE"

So i thought maybe it wasnt getting water, as i changed the impaler before i put it in the water put, but i pulled of the hose after the pump and it is pumping water..

After running the motor for a while (2minutes) the temp quickly climbed to 150-160 so i shut it down, i also noticed that the exhaust manifolds were getting very hot!

ANy help would be Very apprectiated as all the mechanics are closed so i cant get a diognostic off the ECU...

I also noticed when i took the old impaler out that 1 full rib was missing.. maybe its caught up somewhere?

Well hope someone knows what is going on.. i go on holiday soon so need to get it fixed

Thanks alot

Holman J.B.F
12-24-2010, 09:41 PM
160 is normal,...but not in such a short time,..you did the right thing to shut it off.
how did you test on the driveway or on the lake?
was the boat winterized?
is your thru hull valve completely open?
does the boat have a heater?
check your oil cooler for debree and/or the missing rib.
oil cooler plug?

what year is the boat,..there has been issues on the 08 mcx cat piece,..but that,s an easy fix.

Holman J.B.F
12-24-2010, 10:03 PM
2 threads?...i didn,t see the first one.

wato
12-24-2010, 10:28 PM
Oh didnt realize a firend posted up for me.... Ill go back to the other thread!

but to answer you..

it was tested in the lake, boat wasnt winterized, valve is open, no heater

Not sure what you mean by oil cooler plug?

How do i check the oil cooler?

thanks alot

sand2snow22
12-25-2010, 04:34 PM
Probably just a low voltage alarm. Make sure the battery is charged. Take to dealer to clear the code. Or 3 complete warm up cycles might work.

mastercraft210
12-27-2010, 06:28 AM
Go to your dealer and check the codes.
For low battery code let them install the update in the ecm.The low voltage code will not show again.
For cat tempature to high is olso a new updat availeble.
But first check the codes.

east tx skier
12-27-2010, 04:09 PM
If you're missing an impeller vane, I would backflush from the thermostat and see if anything comes out. You might also pull the thermostat and see if anything is caught in there. Check the transmission cooler as well (just for grins) and see if you have any blockage on the hull side of the cooler (stick something in there and feel the screen for debris).

cdevro
12-28-2010, 04:01 AM
Check your transmission cooler filter. Check out my thread on x2 blown motor from last fall.

cdevro
12-28-2010, 04:06 AM
Thread title : Blown motor 08X2 400 hours