PDA

View Full Version : Battery and Speaker placement

DJ 50
12-19-2010, 04:29 AM
I have been reading through threads for the last few days over the subjects of stereo and battery installs and I have come to the decision I am going to pay someone else to do it. I figure if it breaks I would prefer to have someone to yell at rather then my wife yell at me. After talking with other members and Dave from Earmark I have decided to go with a second battery, 2 amps, JL audios G4500 and G6600, and JL audio 10 in sub among other things. I'm not here to ask for other product recomendations and definetly not here to get advice on how to run a dual battery, my eyes still hurt from 19 pages on that subject. I'm simply asking for ideas on placement of the amps, battery, and sub. Its going in a 2010 PS 197 so I want to loose as little storage as possible. Looking at pics it seems the common place for the amps is under the observer seat on the inside wall. As far as the battery goes has anyone inlarged the exsiting hole in the floor where the original battery is or should I just place it in a box next to the exsiting hole or do you have other recomendations? Where is a good place for the sub? The sub and battery are my two biggest concerns. Ideas and pics would be much appreciated.

DemolitionMan
12-19-2010, 11:47 AM
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=28992

DJ 50
12-19-2010, 05:59 PM
Wow that was the perfect link and pretty much covers it all. Just a couple of questions for Sodar or anyone else who might know. Am I to understand that both the heater and second battery are under the drivers dash now? What was used to mount the battery? Also I see the sub in some pics but where was the final placement?

Yellow X9
12-19-2010, 09:55 PM
I have been reading through threads for the last few days over the subjects of stereo and battery installs and I have come to the decision I am going to pay someone else to do it. I figure if it breaks I would prefer to have someone to yell at rather then my wife yell at me. After talking with other members and Dave from Earmark I have decided to go with a second battery, 2 amps, JL audios G4500 and G6600, and JL audio 10 in sub among other things. I'm not here to ask for other product recomendations and definetly not here to get advice on how to run a dual battery, my eyes still hurt from 19 pages on that subject. I'm simply asking for ideas on placement of the amps, battery, and sub. Its going in a 2010 PS 197 so I want to loose as little storage as possible. Looking at pics it seems the common place for the amps is under the observer seat on the inside wall. As far as the battery goes has anyone inlarged the exsiting hole in the floor where the original battery is or should I just place it in a box next to the exsiting hole or do you have other recomendations? Where is a good place for the sub? The sub and battery are my two biggest concerns. Ideas and pics would be much appreciated.

Earmark In Dallas,Tx / Lewisville-Good choice

DemolitionMan
12-19-2010, 10:06 PM
Wow that was the perfect link and pretty much covers it all. Just a couple of questions for Sodar or anyone else who might know. Am I to understand that both the heater and second battery are under the drivers dash now? What was used to mount the battery? Also I see the sub in some pics but where was the final placement?

Sodar should be around shortly.

DJ 50
12-20-2010, 10:38 PM
I went out and looked where I believe Sodar had relocated his stuff and it seems like there is plenty of room in that location but a pain in the butt to get to. It looks like if you pulled the seat back off in the open bow it would be easier to get to. Do the seat backs come off easily or are they glued in place?