PDA

View Full Version : Cool Headboard Ideas for a 13 y/o?

h2oskifreak
12-16-2010, 09:31 PM
I need some ideas for a headboard for my 13 year old son. I have a few old skis lying around but he really isn't a skier. Thought about a surfboard, skateboards, and I have some (quite a bit of) Bamboo lenghts around. Not for my home but for my ex wife's so there is a limit to how much effort ,time and cost I can sink into it. My ex. isn't exactly the picture of stability, so I have to keep it within reason. Creative ideas welcome and I will let you know what I ended up with. Just had another idea...truck tailgate. It that cool or just white trash?

milkmania
12-16-2010, 10:37 PM
I need some ideas for a headboard for my 13 year old son. I have a few old skis lying around but he really isn't a skier. Thought about a surfboard, skateboards, and I have some (quite a bit of) Bamboo lenghts around. Not for my home but for my ex wife's so there is a limit to how much effort ,time and cost I can sink into it. My ex. isn't exactly the picture of stability, so I have to keep it within reason. Creative ideas welcome and I will let you know what I ended up with. Just had another idea...truck tailgate. It that cool or just white trash?

well, if it were the other forum, I could show you what a 13 year old boy wants on his headboard, but I digress

this is what I did to my son's room, he really liked the 24x26 poster sized print of him and his coaches.(little baseball on the left is real ball to show size of wall hanging)... didn't use a headboard, gave him about 20 pillows
http://www.therideinstyle.com/rooms1/original/DSCF1278.jpg

Maristar210
12-17-2010, 10:04 AM
Farah Fawcett poster. Game over.

Just kidding. I vote old wakeboard and or snowboard

Jim@BAWS
12-17-2010, 10:24 AM

On the wall or ceiling????????

Jim@BAWS

Maristar210
12-17-2010, 10:41 AM

Jim@BAWS

I say BOTH

thatsmrmastercraft
12-17-2010, 10:51 AM
Could you get one blown up to cover the whole ceiling?

Finnsdad
12-17-2010, 11:02 AM
maybe something from the swimsuit thread?

east tx skier
12-17-2010, 11:08 AM
I know this is out of left field considering they way you're going, but he's less likely to outgrow it or say that he's not into it anymore. Just my $0.199999 (I'm keeping the $0.01 as a service fee). :)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_L-deInbQA9c/SlzpkU2NVaI/AAAAAAAACnQ/gw0MZysrJJk/s400/twin+headboard+and+footboard+before.jpg

h2oskifreak
12-17-2010, 11:28 AM
What ever I do, I expect him to out grow it. That's a given with all stages of childhood. That is a reason why I don't want to go way overboard, but still want him to feel spoiled and he will look at it every morning and eveing.

Kyle
12-17-2010, 11:37 AM
Fill the walls with framed posters. Get some from your mc dealer of riders and a few with some babes on them. Look for red bull riders, dirt bike riding, wakeboard, skateboarding. They don't all have to be one sport specific. Just make sure that all the sports have some risk of getting hurt in them. Don't frame an old pick playing the piano or any musical instrument, that's ghey. Get the posters next to nothing and then get frames cheap. All you will really have invested is time.

Kyle
12-17-2010, 11:45 AM
As far as a headboard I would use the extra money saved by the posters that you get next to free and the 30 bucks spent on frames and look on CL. No tailgate.... Now if you wanted to cut out the stripper girl that's on mudflaps out of plywood and make that the head board his friends will think his dad is the coolest. Put a 4x8 against the wall and use a projector to trace an outline so you can cut it out. Then sand stain or paint it. He will love looking at it and your ex wife will hate looking at it:)

thatsmrmastercraft
12-17-2010, 12:04 PM
As far as a headboard I would use the extra money saved by the posters that you get next to free and the 30 bucks spent on frames and look on CL. No tailgate.... Now if you wanted to cut out the stripper girl that's on mudflaps out of plywood and make that the head board his friends will think his dad is the coolest. Put a 4x8 against the wall and use a projector to trace an outline so you can cut it out. Then sand stain or paint it. He will love looking at it and your ex wife will hate looking at it:)

Nothing like making the kid happy while giving the ex a poke.

bcampbe7
12-17-2010, 12:06 PM

Easy there, Pete! :D

scott023
12-17-2010, 12:08 PM

Yikes, the thread has turned to ex s e x. :eek: :D

Kyle
12-17-2010, 12:23 PM
Make sure you poke her good. Make sure the headboard has her brown dots. ( . ) ( . )

rjracin240
12-17-2010, 12:34 PM
Thinking some pics from the Bikini Thread laminated on the head board will be just the treat:toast:

scott023
12-17-2010, 12:46 PM

Thinking some pics from the Bikini Thread laminated on the head board will be just the treat:toast:

I'm guessing neither of you two have kids of your own... :confused:

Kyle
12-17-2010, 01:27 PM
Oh come on. Just making sure he chooses the right path. Adam and Eve. Not Steve

h2oskifreak
12-17-2010, 02:24 PM

Oh, I got that one covered. My new gal is HOT and it really burns my ex every time we see her at school events etc. I ask my new gal to "sex it up a bit" just for that extra little dig.

Kyle
12-17-2010, 02:26 PM
Oh, I got that one covered. My new gal is HOT and it really burns my ex every time we see her at school events etc. I ask my new gal to "sex it up a bit" just for that extra little dig.

Greatness...

Kyle
12-17-2010, 02:34 PM
Another idea..... Take a pick with your lady and son on your boat. Have your son posing with a huge smile and both thumbs up. Have her all sexy, makeup, lipstick, the works. Frame that and put it in his room. Your ex then can look at your hot lady, your boat, and your son having a blast at the lake. To take it to the next level have your lady bring some hot lady friends to be included in the pic..

Sodar
12-17-2010, 03:04 PM
Ski's and boards on end with the bottoms cut off at similar lengths.

It looks cool. My neighbor at the lake did one and it looked cool.

bobx1
12-17-2010, 03:33 PM
Stripper poles on all four corners would also be nice.

Patrick Hardy
12-17-2010, 04:21 PM

Jim@BAWS

I had That / This Poster on both for most of my teen years, oh the great memories!

JimN
12-17-2010, 04:48 PM
Stripper poles on all four corners would also be nice.

How can a stripper swing around in a wide arc if the pole is in the corner?

Jim@BAWS
12-17-2010, 04:59 PM
How can a stripper swing around in a wide arc if the pole is in the corner?

Didnt you watch "XXX" movie

Jim@BAWS

Jerseydave
12-17-2010, 05:35 PM
Cut the stern off a crashed prostar or S & S and use that as a headboard. Done! :D

h2oskifreak
12-17-2010, 06:36 PM
Cut the stern off a crashed prostar or S & S and use that as a headboard. Done! :D

Like that quite a bit.

JMann
12-17-2010, 06:41 PM

I might steal that one for my own head board

snork
12-17-2010, 09:13 PM
Why not a teak swim platform..doy

h2oskifreak
12-17-2010, 09:29 PM
Why not a teak swim platform..doy

JMann wants the crashed stern for his own headboard. I think I like the teak idea for mine. Keep in mind JMann there are no cletes on old MC's and the teak could give you something to "tie off on".

thatsmrmastercraft
12-17-2010, 09:39 PM
It wouldn't take that much to make a headboard to look like a swim platform. I would make it out of maple. Teak would be cool, but spendy.

milkmania
12-18-2010, 04:16 AM
I might steal that one for my own head board

will handcuffs fit between the slats?

Double D
12-18-2010, 01:09 PM
Here is what I did for my 15 year old son. Its not a head board, but its also not 100% completely decorated. Of course, it is messy.:D

thatsmrmastercraft
12-18-2010, 02:47 PM
Pretty cool Double D! I bet he loves it.

TX.X-30 fan
12-18-2010, 02:50 PM
I bet you have a weed-eater powered margarita machine.

duckguy
12-18-2010, 03:20 PM

Wish I did!

atlfootr
12-18-2010, 03:45 PM
Swim Platform as a headboard and a Wake Board as the foot board :D
There you go, my 2 :twocents:

Double D
12-18-2010, 03:49 PM
Pretty cool Double D! I bet he loves it.

He loves it.

If I only liked Margarita's, then I might. I have been accused of going over the edge a bit on my projects, but its me....:rolleyes:

Thanks guys.

TX.X-30 fan
12-18-2010, 04:04 PM
He loves it.

If I only liked Margarita's, then I might. I have been accused of going over the edge a bit on my projects, but its me....:rolleyes:

Thanks guys.

Very cool and I bet my boys would love it too.

SkiDog
12-18-2010, 05:23 PM
Here's one I built for our cabin. Could have a wakeboard or trickski added to it I suppose.

76S&S
12-20-2010, 09:37 AM
SkiDog, that looks great!