PDA

View Full Version : Dockside Marine, Your new Houston MC dealer!

DocksideMC
12-13-2010, 06:18 PM
Guys!! we are happy to announce that we will be your new MasterCraft dealer here in the greater Houston area. If you are in need of service or warranty, please give me a call in the morning. I will be contacting all known MC owners here in Houston to invite you out for service, warranty, or just to say hi. I am looking forward to hearing from all of you asap.

Thanks!

Don McCain
DSM sales
936-447-6163 office
936-333-1907 cell

The8Ball
12-13-2010, 06:28 PM
Where are you guys located? Same location as the old place? Would love to stop by.

The8Ball
12-13-2010, 06:29 PM
Nevermind: looks like Lake Conroe.

MCwake
12-13-2010, 06:35 PM
Very cool. Congrats!!! Best of luck to you all.

TX.X-30 fan
12-13-2010, 06:57 PM
Very cool. Congrats!!! Best of luck to you all.

Its Ya'll............. Jus Sayin..........:D

east tx skier
12-13-2010, 08:10 PM
Welcome to a new MC dealer! Talk nice and we might get you a real membership on the forum. ;)

mccobmd
12-13-2010, 11:09 PM

There you go again, tryin' to deculturize the rest of the world.

kingwoodlee
12-14-2010, 10:27 AM
That just doesn't seem right. They just became the Nautique dealer last year. Are they going to carry Nautique and Mastercraft both? That setup didn't work for Darrell Moore. Nautique gets mad when more Mastercrafts are sold, and Mastercraft gets mad when more Nautiques are sold. Looks good on paper, but I guess we'll just have to see how it all works out in the long run. Nothing against Dockside as they are a quality dealership. They helped out my buddy who has a Nautique back when the Nautique dealership fell out, and he had nothing to say but good things about them. We all want the same thing, honesty, good service, and trust, and hopefully, some stability.

DocksideMC
12-14-2010, 10:47 AM
Where are you guys located? Same location as the old place? Would love to stop by.

We are located at 1150 Marina Dr. Montgomery, TX 77356. If you are familiar with the waterpoint location that HMC had, we are just passed that on the right @ the next light. We are next door to Eldorado Jacks on the lake. 936-447-6163 Don if you have any questions.

2gofaster
12-14-2010, 11:34 AM
Actually, it makes more sense that most would think. DMM couldn't make the MC relationship work in the end because he was intent on being the top Malibu dealer and had a competing line to MC that was 10-12k cheaper. So he always had a cheaper alternative to push people to. In the case with Dockside, the CC's and MC's sell for roughly the same amount. When you think about it, a given number of boats will be sold in an area. DM's competition to the nautique line was never really Houston MC. In one year they tripled nautique sales in houston and became the #2 nautique dealer in the US. That market share come from Malibu, Tige, etc. Not MC.

I was with Charles last night and he's giddy with excitement over getting the MC franchise. This(getting both mastercraft and correctcraft) is what he's worked towards since his parents sent him to live at Jack Travers ski school when he was 12 years old. He has lived and breathed waterskiing and watersports for 20+ years. There are not many dealers of any brand ski boat that can say that.

DocksideMC
12-14-2010, 01:05 PM
That just doesn't seem right. They just became the Nautique dealer last year. Are they going to carry Nautique and Mastercraft both? That setup didn't work for Darrell Moore. Nautique gets mad when more Mastercrafts are sold, and Mastercraft gets mad when more Nautiques are sold. Looks good on paper, but I guess we'll just have to see how it all works out in the long run. Nothing against Dockside as they are a quality dealership. They helped out my buddy who has a Nautique back when the Nautique dealership fell out, and he had nothing to say but good things about them. We all want the same thing, honesty, good service, and trust, and hopefully, some stability.

I'd like to respond to your concerns as I'm sure that they will come up again. As for Darryl's two inboard brands not working, that is just unfounded. Darryl enjoyed 15 years of Malibu and MasterCraft without much to do. I understand your concerns and look forward to offering the two BEST inboards in the industry. This makes it mandatory to come by and look at both. More traffic means more sales in the long run for both brands. It's always a win win with a larger target audience. That being said, we are looking forward to becoming your premier inboard dealer.

DocksideMC
12-14-2010, 01:08 PM
Actually, it makes more sense that most would think. DMM couldn't make the MC relationship work in the end because he was intent on being the top Malibu dealer and had a competing line to MC that was 10-12k cheaper. So he always had a cheaper alternative to push people to. In the case with Dockside, the CC's and MC's sell for roughly the same amount. When you think about it, a given number of boats will be sold in an area. DM's competition to the nautique line was never really Houston MC. In one year they tripled nautique sales in houston and became the #2 nautique dealer in the US. That market share come from Malibu, Tige, etc. Not MC.

I was with Charles last night and he's giddy with excitement over getting the MC franchise. This(getting both mastercraft and correctcraft) is what he's worked towards since his parents sent him to live at Jack Travers ski school when he was 12 years old. He has lived and breathed waterskiing and watersports for 20+ years. There are not many dealers of any brand ski boat that can say that.
Wow. I couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks 2gofaster!

TayMC197
12-14-2010, 06:27 PM

What you mean Ya'll people? :D

TX.X-30 fan
12-14-2010, 07:44 PM
Bottom line is there is no money to be made carrying 1 line so thus the competing lines. I don't foresee the high-end toy market rebounding any time soon, so it just makes sense to sell everything you can regardless of brand.

JohnE
12-14-2010, 07:55 PM
Bottom line is there is no money to be made carrying 1 line so thus the competing lines. I don't foresee the high-end toy market rebounding any time soon, so it just makes sense to sell everything you can regardless of brand.

I have to agree. Surviving on one brand of boat seems difficult at best. With all the failing dealers these days it seems plausible that if a dealer could carry a couple of towboat mfg's then they have a much better chance of making it. Seen a few MC dealers go belly up right down the road from a bu or cc dealer who went belly up. Let the dealers sell both and support both mfg's. I think part of the problem is that the manufacturers think there is a finite number of inboard towboat buyers and if one of them buys from a competitor then they are losing out. I wonder how many IO buyers would buy inboard if there were competent successful dealers in their area.

thatsmrmastercraft
12-14-2010, 08:05 PM
I have to agree. Surviving on one brand of boat seems difficult at best. With all the failing dealers these days it seems plausible that if a dealer could carry a couple of towboat mfg's then they have a much better chance of making it. Seen a few MC dealers go belly up right down the road from a bu or cc dealer who went belly up. Let the dealers sell both and support both mfg's. I think part of the problem is that the manufacturers think there is a finite number of inboard towboat buyers and if one of them buys from a competitor then they are losing out. I wonder how many IO buyers would buy inboard if there were competent successful dealers in their area.

Great question. To most people inboards are sort of a mystery whereas I/O's are enough like an outboard that the average schmuck feels comfortable with it, whether he knows anything about it or not.

TX.X-30 fan
12-14-2010, 09:07 PM

Well said and much better than i did.............:D

JohnE
12-14-2010, 09:17 PM
Well said and much better than i did.............:D

Not the first time I've heard that.:D

TX.X-30 fan
12-15-2010, 07:46 AM
:mikey: :mikey:

2gofaster
12-15-2010, 01:44 PM
Let me add another thought on this. Mastercraft and CorrectCraft are the two premier ski boat manufacturers. And as such, their fans and owners are very loyal. You will rarely see a Mastercraft owner sell his boat and buy a CC and vice versa. BUT, a large majority of the owners of other brands aspire to be the owner of a MC or CC. It's the same premise that high end car manufactures see. You will see one common owner for bmw, porsche and mercedes dealerships on the same street. Does that dealership owner worry about market erosion between the brands of dealerships that they own? No. Instead they concentrate on eroding the market share of manufacturers who sold to their target buyers before. The buyers who are in a Chevy Tahoe who are getting to the point in their lives where they could now afford to buy a Cayenne S or R550 if a good sales person "showed them the way." In the same way, Charles and his team don't sell Chevy's or Fords. :)

kingwoodlee
12-16-2010, 01:16 PM
Maybe Dockside Marine could orgainze a Mastercraft Reunion in the spring to kick things off. They could talk it up at the Feb. 2011 Boat show to see how much interest there is.

broncotw
12-16-2010, 01:45 PM
I would attend a MC reunion in Houston..... Hopefully this great idea will gain some traction.....

milkmania
12-16-2010, 01:46 PM
:mikey: :mikey:

wrong board!

:D

gts-20
12-16-2010, 02:02 PM
I would attend a MC reunion in Houston..... Hopefully this great idea will gain some traction.....

Great idea! We would be very interested in attending something like this. Great way for the new dealer to meet it's potential customers.

2gofaster
12-16-2010, 04:56 PM
Charles and Dockside did a lot for the waterski/wakeboard community in Houston, as well as the Nautique community, in 2010. From sponsoring wakeboard tournaments, to sending boats to ski and wakeboard tournaments, to being a title sponsor of the USA Waterski South Central Region Championships, to sending jr skiers to a week at Bennett's ski school. I would expect the same to continue and the Mastercraft community to be added into his plans in 2011.

aquaman
12-16-2010, 06:12 PM
I would be interested in a MC rally/re-union. There are quite a few MC owners in the Houston area.

TX.X-30 fan
12-16-2010, 06:30 PM
Is houston really south.......... I try to never be associated with those states.....

2gofaster
12-17-2010, 06:30 PM
There's now a parking lot full-o-Mastercrafts residing at Dockside Marine.