PDA

View Full Version : Power Tower Bimini

vision
12-10-2010, 01:38 PM
Anyone seen one yet?

Has anyone ordered a MC with a Power Tower and were you given an estimate of when the boat will be delivered?

Thanks.

aaron.
12-10-2010, 03:32 PM
side note, anyone else think that power tower is kinda lame?

MC-COOL
12-10-2010, 04:10 PM
Have Not Seen A Power Tower, Just Ordered A 45 I Am Back And Forth On The Tower Cam. Looks Good Surfing, But What About Skating Or Boarding?
Power Tower Seem Like There Could Be Trouble Unless There Is A Manual Over-ride.

ShawnB
12-11-2010, 12:39 AM
Have Not Seen A Power Tower, Just Ordered A 45 I Am Back And Forth On The Tower Cam. Looks Good Surfing, But What About Skating Or Boarding?
Power Tower Seem Like There Could Be Trouble Unless There Is A Manual Over-ride.

Check this thread. I posted a video I took with the tower cam. http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=38347

I have nothing relevant to add to the OP.

corey
12-13-2010, 04:17 PM
When I was down at the factory 2 weeks ago they were still finalizing the bimini for the power tower. I was able to see one that was pretty close to completion (I think) it looked pretty much like the current tower bimini and used the same quick connect "feet" on the tower.

duckguy
12-13-2010, 05:16 PM
I dont find it "lame: at all. In fact I think its incredible!

vision
12-13-2010, 05:50 PM
When I was down at the factory 2 weeks ago they were still finalizing the bimini for the power tower. I was able to see one that was pretty close to completion (I think) it looked pretty much like the current tower bimini and used the same quick connect "feet" on the tower.

Thank you for the update. I was thinking that the power tower in black, or other matching color, with a Z5 bimini to allow board storage on top would look great. I like the looks of the tower, but I am not a fan of the appearance of the board racks.

sand2snow22
12-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Have to agree with Duck. My dealer is getting some boats delivered with the power tower between the 16-18th. Not sure if they will have bimini's? Hopefully I can post pics for you guys! Unless you want a video? :)

vision
12-13-2010, 07:57 PM
Have to agree with Duck. My dealer is getting some boats delivered with the power tower between the 16-18th. Not sure if they will have bimini's? Hopefully I can post pics for you guys! Unless you want a video? :)

Either would be great!. We have a good dealer, just not much in stock and no power towers.

bturner2
12-14-2010, 07:08 AM
I wasn't too impressed with the big exposed cylinder on the power tower but will leave final judgment until I can see one in person. I'm also interested to see how stable it is in chop. The tower on my 07 X2 moves around pretty good even with the braces. Should be interesting to see how the new tower compares. If it's rock solid it would go a long way in over coming any issues I may have with it's appearance.

From a folding tower perspective the BU's certainly would seem to have the ticket if simplicity and clean lines are your priority. Not saying I'd buy one but you have to admit it's a pretty slick set up for a folding tower.

Plave
12-14-2010, 10:06 AM
Thank you for the update. I was thinking that the power tower in black, or other matching color, with a Z5 bimini to allow board storage on top would look great. I like the looks of the tower, but I am not a fan of the appearance of the board racks.

I agree totally, I really looked forward to MC producing a 2 point tower but haven't liked it in silver, it's just too wide to be that shiny. In black however on the Parks boat it looked great and with a Z5 I'm imagining it looking amazing.

It really will be my choice when I order.

TX.X-30 fan
12-14-2010, 07:51 PM
No-one will ever be able to fix those things................... I would pay double to not have one.

vision
12-14-2010, 08:44 PM
No-one will ever be able to fix those things................... I would pay double to not have one.

I am not sure what would be difficult to repair? It is a new design but uses a standard circular hinge and mechanical screw. I assume the electric motor is nothing special. Is there something unusual about the power towers construction?

TX.X-30 fan
12-14-2010, 09:02 PM
I am not sure what would be difficult to repair? It is a new design but uses a standard circular hinge and mechanical screw. I assume the electric motor is nothing special. Is there something unusual about the power towers construction?

I have not seen the tower in person, but in its natural environment I find it hard to believe it will last. Seems to me its an over-engineered design, when all it would need would be a hinge and be integrated into the hull to stop all the movement they all have??

medicmoose
12-14-2010, 10:17 PM
...but in its natural environment I find it hard to believe it will last.

I guess we'll all have to tune into the National Geographic channel....:D

sand2snow22
12-14-2010, 10:31 PM
If it's rock solid it would go a long way in over coming any issues I may have with it's appearance.

From a folding tower perspective the BU's certainly would seem to have the ticket if simplicity and clean lines are your priority. Not saying I'd buy one but you have to admit it's a pretty slick set up for a folding tower.

It's supposed to be rock solid. We'll see. One of the bars on the BU tower still sticks up pretty high above the windshield. I will assume the power tower won't have this problem.

Hoosiervet
12-18-2010, 10:34 PM
I was at the factory about a month ago with my dealer and they were testing an X25 with a power tower on the water. They had a 55 gallon drum full of water tied to a 75' line attached to the power tower. The testers appeared to running full speed and the drum was "porpoising" wildly in the water. If it can stand that type of abuse, I think it is really rock solid. I was really impressed especially when they came back to the dock and lowered it for us.

Viktimize
12-19-2010, 09:49 AM
I was at the factory about a month ago with my dealer and they were testing an X25 with a power tower on the water. They had a 55 gallon drum full of water tied to a 75' line attached to the power tower. The testers appeared to running full speed and the drum was "porpoising" wildly in the water. If it can stand that type of abuse, I think it is really rock solid. I was really impressed especially when they came back to the dock and lowered it for us.

I don't have any doubt this tower will be solid. Not sure what's with all the chciken littles crying about the sky falling?? The worst that could happen, is you burn out one of the actuators. Then you just unplug it, unbolt it, and replace with a new one. Anyone who knows how to turn a wrench could do this job in a short amount of time.

If people are worried about the tower not handling the stress, and tearing out of the boat or something. You'll see that happen right away, and it will be covered by warranty.