PDA

View Full Version : 2005 X-2

smoketu
12-04-2010, 10:39 PM
Well, hopefully sold my X-9 today, been wanting to go to a more wake board geared boat. I have my eye on a couple of 2005 x-2's that I think are gonna do the trick. I'd love to go to the pickle fork model but budget is not gonna allow. So, any pre-pickle fork owners out there that have any comments or suggestions on this particular year? They both have the MCX which I'm familiar with and have less than 200 hrs. As always appreciate the feedback here!

vision
12-04-2010, 11:35 PM
Loved my 2005 X2. We out grew it as far as space and went with an 08 X-star. But they throw a great wakeboard wake and a decent slalom wake. They had the newer style tower in 05 as well. Excellent choice.

sand2snow22
12-05-2010, 12:35 AM
2005 is a great year. 2006, not so much. 2007+ better. 2010+ even better. We love our 2005 X2. It does everything pretty good (ski, wake, surf), but nothing outstanding (besides the wakeboard wake loaded down!)

If you're looking at that red and black one. I'd be all over that like white on rice, assuming she checks out. If you can get her $30k or under, you'd have to call your Dr. for having an 'erection that lasts longer than 4 hours.'

mccobmd
12-05-2010, 01:10 AM
Sand, why do you think the 2006 is not so much? Not arguing but I have an 06 X1 and have had zero problems. Maybe I should be watching for something?

smoketu- I love this hull good wake empty, better with ballast. For wakeboarding I run 400 each rear ( have 750's not full), 300 in ski locker and 200 up front. That gets a great wake. before I get grief for not going more ballast that has all the wake I'll ever need. The RTP is plenty of engine even loaded for that hull but there is no question the MCX is prettier. I have the budget to upgrade but don't want to give up this hull for all three sports. Would agree that loaded this hull has an outstanding wakeboard wake.

sand2snow22
12-05-2010, 01:44 AM
Mccobmb, yeah sorry, forgot you had a 06, nothing personal. MC made the X-1 a price point boat in 2006, so a lot of them came with plastic dash instead of billet, no carpeted ballast tanks, RTP, single axle trailer, etc. Still a great boat and hull. Most of the 05's I see have the billet dash, MCX, tandem, carpeted ballast tanks, PP, etc.....

IIRC they finally brought the billet dash back in 2010............

OP, having said that about the 06. There is a MC owner on here that has a 06 X-1 in Cali that I think he would let go for cheap! Hopefully he'll be along soon.

smoketu
12-05-2010, 08:54 AM
2005 is a great year. 2006, not so much. 2007+ better. 2010+ even better. We love our 2005 X2. It does everything pretty good (ski, wake, surf), but nothing outstanding (besides the wakeboard wake loaded down!)

If you're looking at that red and black one. I'd be all over that like white on rice, assuming she checks out. If you can get her $30k or under, you'd have to call your Dr. for having an 'erection that lasts longer than 4 hours.'

This is one of the boats I'm looking at, I love the color scheme. I've talked to the guy a few times and he doesn't want to budge on the price. It sounds like everything checks out minus a minor scuff on the hull, fuel gauge not working, which he thinks is just a sending unit. I would probably change the fuel pump just for piece of mind because he ran it out of gas because of the faulty gauge. I would hope there would be a little room on the price because I'm making the drive from Phoenix to Socal. Also, I already have an integrated bow sack from my 04 and another 750, you know just in case.

trickskier
12-05-2010, 09:56 AM
This is one of the boats I'm looking at, I love the color scheme. I've talked to the guy a few times and he doesn't want to budge on the price. It sounds like everything checks out minus a minor scuff on the hull, fuel gauge not working, which he thinks is just a sending unit. I would probably change the fuel pump just for piece of mind because he ran it out of gas because of the faulty gauge. I would hope there would be a little room on the price because I'm making the drive from Phoenix to Socal. Also, I already have an integrated bow sack from my 04 and another 750, you know just in case.

I have an 06' X-1 and love it. The MCX gives it plenty of power!

Definitely change the fuel pump - It's not "IF" but "WHEN" it going to go out - TRUST ME!!!

ShawnB
12-05-2010, 12:40 PM
The fuel gauge on our 04 X2 has never really worked right. That's what the hole in the floor is for!

You really can't go wrong with that hull. We put 900 hours on ours and never had a single complaint about the wake for wakeboarding or for skiing.

willyt
12-05-2010, 05:05 PM
I have 850ish on my 05. love, love, love it. I have the MCX, 14.5x14.25 (a must IMO). I normally run a ton of ballast (actually, its more than a ton) - 750's in the back (full), 200 of lead in the nose, 500 in the ski locker, 300 on top of that. I've had my buddy bring 2 400 sacks, put one in the nose and one in the cockpit area... that was almost too much wake. Still didnt need to go WOT on holeshot with that much weight with the prop/engine combo. normally ride at 23 mph at 75 or 80 ft out.

the hull is great, but it is a small boat, 6 or 7 will seem very crowded.

mccobmd
12-05-2010, 05:07 PM
Hey no problem, I agree about the price point, everthing was available to option up which I did. I didn't go with the MCX and have been pleased with the RTP but please don't anyone start the MCX/RTP debate. I got the engine that was in the boat and couldn't be happier with performance for what I use it for. I do wish I had a billet dash and that my front seat would rotate and slide but I'm working on both of those. To the OP the 06 does have the advantage of no ballast pump timers and the outlet for the ballast is above the water line so you know when they are empty.

bcboy
12-05-2010, 10:50 PM
I also had a 06 x1 and had NO problems with it...loved the boat and just outgrew it as well...it had the mcx and the boat was Fantastic...You wont be dissapointed if you end up with this proven hull...It was my stepping stone to my X-star and it worked out very well for my re-sale.
Good Luck.

sand2snow22
12-06-2010, 12:37 AM

Sucks that he won't come down $500, but IMO it's priced well. You get that thing closer to Canada in the spring and it will sell for a few thousand more ;)