PDA

View Full Version : Skipper Buds and Sommerset Marine

WTRSK1R
12-02-2010, 07:30 PM
Anybody know if Sommerset Marine lost their MC dealership rights? I got something in the mail from Skipper Buds in Pewaukee WI, and would not expect that MC would want two dealers only 5 or 6 miles apart. The dealer search shows both dealers, but that just seem unusual.

Thanks,

Steve

ctjahn
12-02-2010, 10:16 PM
Anybody know if Sommerset Marine lost their MC dealership rights? I got something in the mail from Skipper Buds in Pewaukee WI, and would not expect that MC would want two dealers only 5 or 6 miles apart. The dealer search shows both dealers, but that just seem unusual.

Thanks,

Steve

Nice to see another local here... Just got my first MC a few months ago and never thought of going to either for parts... (I have been doing everything online) Do you know if Skipper Buds sells MC parts?

FYI: I was going to go to Sommerset for winterization but I didnt feel good about them or leaving my boat outside for weeks in the gravel lot while it was in line to get done (Prob nothing but ...). Since fall they got a new paved lot and a new large covered area...

Cj

WTRSK1R
12-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Not sure about the parts, but I would think if they sell the boats, they will carry parts too. I have been in there many times, but they were not a MC dealer then. Have picked up ropes, gloves, and other things in the past. They have been a SeaRay dealer for as long as I can remember, but have not seen any ski boats, at least at the Wisconsin location.

JimN
12-02-2010, 11:17 PM
Not sure about the parts, but I would think if they sell the boats, they will carry parts too. I have been in there many times, but they were not a MC dealer then. Have picked up ropes, gloves, and other things in the past. They have been a SeaRay dealer for as long as I can remember, but have not seen any ski boats, at least at the Wisconsin location.

Carrying parts is required to be a dealer- once the initial order, some dealers don't want to tie up much money in inventory but since Skipper Bud's carries other ski boats, runabouts and cruisers with GM motors, many of the parts will be completely interchangeable. Until MC goes to Ilmor and at that point, it's yet to be seen. Bud's has a lot of money- whether they'll be what MC owners want & expect, I don't know.

Hollywood
12-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Lauderdale Lakes Marina is happy to announce that effective January 1, 2011, we will be expanding to the Fox Lake area and take over the Chicago Mastercraft dealership. With the addition of this Prairie Grove, IL location, Lauderdale Lakes of Chicago will now be able to better serve all of our customers throughout the Midwest. Lauderdale Lakes of Chicago will be partnered with Lauderdale Lakes Marina in Elkhorn as well as Summerset Marine in Nashota (Milwaukee).

Which Summerset are you talking about, and does this ^^ mean Nashota location will no longer carry MCs? Chicago and Houston, the 3rd and 4th largest US cities, no longer have MC dealerships. Chicago MC pumped so many boats into this area I'm curious to see if a new dealership will show up.

ski_king
12-03-2010, 11:42 AM
Wonder what happened to Eric @ Chicago MasterCraft?

I found this thru facebook: MasterCraft of Chicago (http://mastercraftboatsofchicago.com/)

Hollywood
12-03-2010, 11:50 AM
I found this thru facebook: MasterCraft of Chicago (http://mastercraftboatsofchicago.com/)

What is that supposed to show??? I talked to Eric, he'll be just fine. :D

ski_king
12-03-2010, 11:51 AM
It appears that Chicago MasterCraft has been sold to a CC dealearship and a new company MasterCraft Boats of Chicago has been opened.
http://mastercraftboatsofchicago.com/

but as always, I can be mistaken.....

Hollywood
12-03-2010, 11:55 AM
Oh, I hadn't even noticed it had a different address. That was quick!

MasterCraftByDesign
12-03-2010, 05:02 PM
There is a new MasterCraft Dealership in Chicago. About 10-15 minutes from the previous dealership.

They are in the process of building a massive showroom and proshop. Very high end place. 4,000 square foot pro shop. 2 floored showroom. Powder Coating available ON SITE! And a very professional services area. There will be a temporary showroom opening shortly (probably over the next few weeks) with their grand opening sometime in the March/April timeframe.

Their site is www.mastercraftboatsofchicago.com They have inventory already it looks like too.

They will be at the Chicago Boat Show as well.

ski_king
12-03-2010, 05:15 PM
There is a new MasterCraft Dealership in Chicago. About 10-15 minutes from the previous dealership.

They are in the process of building a massive showroom and proshop. Very high end place. 4,000 square foot pro shop. 2 floored showroom. Powder Coating available ON SITE! And a very professional services area. There will be a temporary showroom opening shortly (probably over the next few weeks) with their grand opening sometime in the March/April timeframe.

Their site is www.mastercraftboatsofchicago.com They have inventory already it looks like too.

They will be at the Chicago Boat Show as well.

Congrats!!
(I see you share the same address.)

WTRSK1R
12-03-2010, 07:50 PM
Lauderdale Lakes Marina is happy to announce that effective January 1, 2011, we will be expanding to the Fox Lake area and take over the Chicago Mastercraft dealership. With the addition of this Prairie Grove, IL location, Lauderdale Lakes of Chicago will now be able to better serve all of our customers throughout the Midwest. Lauderdale Lakes of Chicago will be partnered with Lauderdale Lakes Marina in Elkhorn as well as Summerset Marine in Nashota (Milwaukee).

Which Summerset are you talking about, and does this ^^ mean Nashota location will no longer carry MCs? Chicago and Houston, the 3rd and 4th largest US cities, no longer have MC dealerships. Chicago MC pumped so many boats into this area I'm curious to see if a new dealership will show up.

There are two in the area and both carried MC. The original location was in Delavan, WI. A couple of years ago they expanded to Nashota. The Nashota location is about 6 or 7 miles west of Skipper Buds, so that was the one I was referring to.

Sommerset in Nashota has had all kinds of different banners in their window during the 2010 summer, so it was hard to tell what they were selling in my opinion. They had Nautique, MC, and I think someone else's banner at one point.

Years ago, Lauderdale lakes was a MC dealership, but they lost the dealership in the mid 90's. My first boat a 1992 ProSport 205 came from Lauderdale Lakes in Elkhorn.

JimN
12-03-2010, 09:52 PM

Are you the owner of Lauderdale Lakes Marina?

MasterCraftByDesign
12-09-2010, 06:59 PM

Yes, there is a new dealership in town! And this time, they are doing it right! They are bringing an amazing experience to the Chicago MasterCraft market. Lauderdale Lakes is opening up in 2011, but they will be selling CorrectCraft, not MasterCraft.

They are here to bring that MasterCraft quality to the Chicago area!

Stay tuned for the Grand Opening announcement!

See you soon!

cbryan70
12-10-2010, 12:18 PM
Yes, there is a new dealership in town! And this time, they are doing it right! They are bringing an amazing experience to the Chicago MasterCraft market. Lauderdale Lakes is opening up in 2011, but they will be selling CorrectCraft, not MasterCraft.

They are here to bring that MasterCraft quality to the Chicago area!

Stay tuned for the Grand Opening announcement!

See you soon!

Meaning that CMC was not doing it correct? I find it interesting that they were moving another mastercraft dealer within 15 min of CMC before CMC made the decision to move on

Rockman
12-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Meaning that CMC was not doing it correct? I find it interesting that they were moving another mastercraft dealer within 15 min of CMC before CMC made the decision to move on

Funny how politics can make things happen!:rolleyes:

cbryan70
12-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Funny how politics can make things happen!:rolleyes:

Apparently THIS time the job will be done right

Hollywood
12-10-2010, 05:10 PM
Are you the owner of Lauderdale Lakes Marina?

No.

Gere Marie is the company that makes the cans for MC. They produce all the aluminum parts for MC, including the tower, board racks, gauges, etc.

Gere Marie is also your new MasterCraft of Chicago dealer.

erkoehler
12-10-2010, 09:53 PM
-The Delevan, WI Summerset Marina location was sold a year or two ago and is now Gage Marine.
-Skipper Buds Milwaukee will be carrying MC as well.
-Gere Marie, MasterCraft By Design, and MasterCraft boats of Chicago are all the same company and will be in the Chicago market.

-Lauderdale Lakes Marina in Elkhorn, Wi carries Correct Craft along with numerous other lines.
-Summerset Marine in Milwauke previously carried MC but now carries Correct Craft along with -numerous other lines.
-Lauderdale Lakes Chicago used to be Chicago MasterCraft and will now be carrying Correct Craft as well as a few other brands of pontoons/deck boats.

At this time I will be working for Lauderdale Lakes Chicago and will be selling/servicing Correct Craft (Nautique) boats! We have some big changes coming for this winter and will be at the Chicago Boat Show displaying all of the latest boats.

icedog-10
12-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Stopped by Skipper Buds yesterday to take a look. They had their premier of Rewind 2011 on Friday night . They have a nice selection of 2011s. Think I saw an X Star, X25, X15, X14V, X2 and a Prostar 214. They plan on beefing up their ski and wakeboard selection since they haven't sold ski boats in the past. It could be dangerous since I had to go out of my way to go to Summerset but I drive by Skipper Buds all the time. For Summerset the writing was on the wall when they merged with Mojo. There was no way that Mastercraft would let them carry their line with three other brands of inboards. Stopping by made me ready for summer already.

MasterCraftByDesign
12-13-2010, 11:18 AM
Apparently THIS time the job will be done right

It is unfortunate that we have to blame "politics" for this, but it is understandable that some people would be upset with the closing of one location and the opening of a new one.

I assure you, there was a lot more than just politics involved with this change. I wish everyone at Lauderdale Lakes the best of luck, and I look forward to bringing a new MasterCraft experience to the Chicago area.

We look forward to seeing everyone out at the boat show. Can't wait for the snow to melt and the Summer fun to return!

madcityskier
06-18-2011, 01:41 AM
Redline in Madison is a very good dealer, with an extensive parts/service department. Not sure how long a drive it would be for you.

cbryan70
06-18-2011, 03:31 AM
Hows that new dealership in the chicago land area doing? Wait...are they open yet? For MC to say that there is enough volume for two dealerships in a that small of an area is just nuts.

cbryan70
06-18-2011, 03:34 AM
It is unfortunate that we have to blame "politics" for this, but it is understandable that some people would be upset with the closing of one location and the opening of a new one.

I assure you, there was a lot more than just politics involved with this change. I wish everyone at Lauderdale Lakes the best of luck, and I look forward to bringing a new MasterCraft experience to the Chicago area.

We look forward to seeing everyone out at the boat show. Can't wait for the snow to melt and the Summer fun to return!

No politics or favoritism? Why is it that when you joined TT you came with 10,000 post? Why dont all dealers get that kind of recognition? Baws...Erk when he was a dealer....heck he EARNED his post, Rambo, numerous other dealers. Only thing you guys have going for you is a pro-shop that is making over 100 percent margin as you make the stuff.....Is the dealership done yet, are you open or were you open for the 'spring rush'?

brucemac
06-18-2011, 08:06 AM
At this time I will be working for Lauderdale Lakes Chicago and will be selling/servicing Correct Craft (Nautique) boats!

(until the white and blue 2011 200 is sold!)

http://www.getagripwatersports.com/promoteam/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/tom-nathan1.jpg

OR

...we redisgn our wake tower again ;p

j/k erk

erkoehler
06-18-2011, 09:14 AM
The 200 is a great boat, I won't promote Nautique on here because its not the time or place, but that boat knows how to ski!

brucemac
06-18-2011, 09:26 AM
The 200 is a great boat, I won't promote Nautique on here because its not the time or place, but that boat knows how to ski!

you know i'm kidding right? i like cc a lot. i'm not worthy of that boat, but it is a thing of beauty on the water.

the lines are ridiculous.

Hoosier Bob
06-19-2011, 11:13 AM
Have you read any of the 10,000 posts Bryan? Maybe there are some good ones! Ha!No politics or favoritism? Why is it that when you joined TT you came with 10,000 post? Why dont all dealers get that kind of recognition? Baws...Erk when he was a dealer....heck he EARNED his post, Rambo, numerous other dealers. Only thing you guys have going for you is a pro-shop that is making over 100 percent margin as you make the stuff.....Is the dealership done yet, are you open or were you open for the 'spring rush'?