PDA

View Full Version : Decal Question

Mgboyd25
12-01-2010, 07:21 PM
I have a few scuffs on the Mastercraft decals on the side. They are not very deep at all. Does anyone know of a good product I can use to buff them out of the letters?

east tx skier
12-01-2010, 09:11 PM
I'm not aware of one. Typically, that's something you either live with or replace.

Mgboyd25
12-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Thats what I was thinking but I figured I would check

kingwoodlee
12-20-2010, 01:09 PM
I have a few scuffs on the Mastercraft decals on the side. They are not very deep at all. Does anyone know of a good product I can use to buff them out of the letters?

You could replace them like I did this weekend. I updated my 05 X-10 with newer style decals. Pretty pleased with how it looks now.

Willski
12-20-2010, 01:27 PM

If they are the drip molded decals, I have heard that a small amt. of acetone on a rag can work. Don't use too much because it will damage the decal. I also wonder if it will make them hazy. Might be worth a try though.

Mgboyd25
12-20-2010, 05:42 PM
You could replace them like I did this weekend. I updated my 05 X-10 with newer style decals. Pretty pleased with how it looks now.

That looks awesome!!!!!!, I was thinking about getting new decals also but waiting till after this summer because my girlfriend will be learning to drive-I figure if I get scratch it may hurt a little less if I havent replaced them yet.....

Mgboyd25
12-20-2010, 05:44 PM
If they are the drip molded decals, I have heard that a small amt. of acetone on a rag can work. Don't use too much because it will damage the decal. I also wonder if it will make them hazy. Might be worth a try though.

I believe they are the drip molded decals, I will have to give it a try with a small amount. Thanks!

prostar205
12-21-2010, 02:32 AM

Nice job. Is that sticker the silver or white lettering? Is it the same color as the smaller MasterCraft EFI at the rear of the boat?