PDA

View Full Version : X-Star Evolution

azskiking
11-25-2010, 08:28 PM
When I bought my 205 I relied on a thread outlining the history of the changes each year that was extremely helpful. Now that my skiing is slowing down and my kids are more into wakeboarding, has any thread been written on the annual changes in the X-Star. I'm looking to buy used and want to balance $ and features for the best value.

coz
11-26-2010, 10:39 AM
When I bought my 205 I relied on a thread outlining the history of the changes each year that was extremely helpful. Now that my skiing is slowing down and my kids are more into wakeboarding, has any thread been written on the annual changes in the X-Star. I'm looking to buy used and want to balance $ and features for the best value.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=15198

JohnE
11-26-2010, 11:18 AM
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=15198

He's looking for details on the pickle fork XStar I think.

I don't think there have been any hull changes since it was introduced in '03.

vision
11-26-2010, 11:35 AM
He's looking for details on the pickle fork XStar I think.

I don't think there have been any hull changes since it was introduced in '03.

That is correct. Since the 03/04 change to the pickle fork, no hull changes.

The tower changed and the electronics went through several iterations. They went to timed ballast pumps that empty out the bottom of the boat I believe in 07. The timed ballast pumps are a pain, although they due save you from burning out impellers and pumps.

The fold down platform came out in 08. The muffler systems also changed in 08 with the catalytic convertor engines and the boats became significantly louder.

Did they ever change the fuel pump design in MCs? Some one mention on a thread that the fuel pumps changed in 08 for all MCs, but I have no confirmation of that statement.

Jim@BAWS
11-26-2010, 01:41 PM
First came the dinosaurs and they all died and turned into oil.

Quote somewhere from the movie "AIRPLANE"

Jerseydave
11-26-2010, 11:19 PM
A few other items of note

In '05 the x-star used throttle by wire, JL speakers instead of Clarion, and swivel board racks. My '05 still had the smaller rudder so they must have updated that in '06 or '07 but you can change that easily. I like the fact that my '05 ballast empties out the sides and has no timers. Pumps work fine after switching to the green impellers.

Ole Miss Rebels
11-27-2010, 12:39 AM
A few other items of note

In '05 the x-star used throttle by wire, JL speakers instead of Clarion, and swivel board racks. My '05 still had the smaller rudder so they must have updated that in '06 or '07 but you can change that easily. I like the fact that my '05 ballast empties out the sides and has no timers. Pumps work fine after switching to the green impellers.

dave, what was wrong with your pumps with factory impellors on your 2005? they should not have siphoned back into the lake when underway as the 2008 and later models do as the water-out line is, as you said, above water in the 2005. i never had any issues with my factory impellors on my 2005. it was only on my 2008 year model that required the stiffer green impellors to prevent siphoning back into the lake via the under-water ports.

mccobmd
11-27-2010, 02:16 AM
I have an 06 X1 and I didn't have siphoning with black impellars but did have inconsistent filling and emptying times.

Jerseydave
11-28-2010, 10:19 AM
I have an 06 X1 and I didn't have siphoning with black impellars but did have inconsistent filling and emptying times.

Bingo! That was the problem with my black impellers, tried yellow but had a hard time getting the water out of the KGB tank (and it took longer to fill too) so now have green ones that work the best.