PDA

View Full Version : 1992 ProSport Question

Profwiz
11-24-2010, 06:54 PM
Looking at a "rough" 92 proSport as project. Is 1400 hours too high? Have not heard engine run but says it does & have not driven. How is this boat in rough water compared to older flat bottoms like 86 Malibu Skier? What other problems to consider before purchase?
Thanks for any help, excited about getting a MC open bow.

Kyle
11-24-2010, 07:12 PM
The boat will ride like a closed bow and ride rough in rough water. I dont ski in rough water but drive mine a lot going to party cove. If it is choppy, you gotta go slow like 15-20. The boat does not have any wood in it so rot will not be an issue. Other boat makers started going without wood after 95 and some later than that. Pics of the boat will help.

Muttley
11-25-2010, 01:17 PM
1400 hours is a lot, but it's all about the maintenance. When I was looking I was finding a lot of them with around 800. That's not to say it wouldn't be a great boat, but I personally would not buy it without running it. Of course, it should all be reflected in the price.

All flat bottom ski boats suck in rough water. As Kyle said, the 'Bu will have wood and you would need to check the stringers. The ProSport will be composite.

I think there's a used boat buying guide on here somewhere if you were to do a search.

east tx skier
11-25-2010, 05:55 PM
Used Boat Buying Guide (http://WWW.tylerskiclub.com/usedboat.html)

03geetee
11-25-2010, 07:41 PM
Bought my boat with 2300hrs and let me tell you its all in the maintenance! Boat runs like a top and has only had a timing chain replaced and the appropriate gaskets along with it. Pulls fine and my guy at the local marina thinks the hour gauge is on hyperdrive he doesnt believe it!

JTR