PDA

View Full Version : GA Dealer Advice

Wake Faller
11-23-2010, 05:42 PM
Hi all-

I am about to have the first significant work done to my 2000 Mastercraft Maristar 230 (v-drive - shaft seal replacement) and was hoping some of my fellow Georgians might share with me their local dealer experiences. The dealer here is Watersports Central in Gainesville, GA.

My concern is that the only reviews I can find regarding their service department online are really negative. I recognize that the people who post online, unsolicited reviews are usually either the vendor themselves, competitors, or those customers who have had a really bad experience.

I was hoping you guys might give me some genuine comfort or discomfort in placing my trust, money and baby in their hands and / or steer me elsewhere.

Would you please share with me - either publicly or privately - your experiences with Watersports Central and / or dealers in close proximity to North / Central GA (ie Carolina Mastercraft, Mastercraft of Knoxville, Cleveland Boat Center, Rambo Marine, etc)?

Other alternatives are welcome too - thanks so much for your help and advice!

Craig

kvorderlandwehr
11-23-2010, 05:52 PM
I used Carolina Mastercraft a few weeks ago for winterization and a quick overview. They were very friendly, up front about pricing and called before any extra work was done.

billr
11-23-2010, 07:52 PM
You can't go wrong with Rambo, either Birmingham or Hazel Green locations.

T-bone
11-23-2010, 08:08 PM
Give Chad or Paul a call at Carolina MasterCraft. I've been going to them for 5+ years and they are excellent to deal with. They are very upstanding guys and MasterCraft enthusiasts, so they enjoy what they do and it definitely shows.

CruisinGA
11-23-2010, 08:49 PM
While I've heard good things about both Rambo and Carolina MasterCraft, if I didn't winterize my X9 myself, I would ask around locally for a recommendation.

There is nothing special about winterizing your Maristar vs any other inboard besides the fact that it deserves more attention!

georgea0731
11-23-2010, 09:10 PM
We haven't used Watersports central for a few years since Rambo is closer to the boat and lake. We live south of ATL, but boat at Lake Martin, AL. Both are top notice! Both owners will ensure you are happy if not then they do want to know why so they can fix it. The service manager has changed at Watersports since we were there so can't talk about him. Rambo uses Cecil Lee as good as they get.
Good luck and let us know the outcome,

bmw91m5
11-23-2010, 09:31 PM
I bought a 2010 x30 from Johnny Crowe (owner) in October. Simon is the service manager and has been great. Could just be the slow time of year and I have not been through a season with them yet. But I have had at least 5 interactions with the service dept for different we owe items and a winterization. Responsive, no complaints if you can handle the $115 labor rate. Been top notch for me. Stay tuned after a year of use next year to see if they hold up. My .02