PDA

View Full Version : Aussie fan of Stars and Stripes

jasper aus
11-23-2010, 02:54 AM
Hey well as the title suggests I'm an Australian who really loves old Mastercrafts! I'm actually headed to the States in late January to source 2 to bring home so if you can help me out by selling me yours that would be great! Check out my ad in the appropriate section.

We have so few of them over here and now that our dollar is comparable it looks like they are a lot more affordable to import one.

I understand this is a weird first(ish) post for a forum but i assure you I'm not a scammer. I'm a legitimate enthusiast.

Ive got a couple of Australian ski boats from the early 70s but would really love an old stars and stripes. much bigger and more equipment on them than we had back then. We were still playing around with dig clutches.

Here's a pic of my boat. Its a Williams with a warm 318 chrysler engine. in a 15' boat it gets up and goes! It's been restored to near original (except for the removable wake pole and bimini. Its complete with bench seats, smiths guages and gold glitter seat inserts. I love it but with a small family I want something a little bigger.

Hope to hear from someone. I promise I'm friendly! :)

flyinryn
11-23-2010, 12:49 PM
Nice looking older boat....

In a weird way it kinda looks like a moomba from present day.....

good luck on stars and stripes find.

ctjahn
11-24-2010, 06:31 AM
Hey well as the title suggests I'm an Australian who really loves old Mastercrafts! I'm actually headed to the States in late January to source 2 to bring home so if you can help me out by selling me yours that would be great! Check out my ad in the appropriate section.

We have so few of them over here and now that our dollar is comparable it looks like they are a lot more affordable to import one.

I understand this is a weird first(ish) post for a forum but i assure you I'm not a scammer. I'm a legitimate enthusiast.

Ive got a couple of Australian ski boats from the early 70s but would really love an old stars and stripes. much bigger and more equipment on them than we had back then. We were still playing around with dig clutches.

Here's a pic of my boat. Its a Williams with a warm 318 chrysler engine. in a 15' boat it gets up and goes! It's been restored to near original (except for the removable wake pole and bimini. Its complete with bench seats, smiths guages and gold glitter seat inserts. I love it but with a small family I want something a little bigger.

Hope to hear from someone. I promise I'm friendly! :)

Please let me know if I can help. One of my side jobs is finding cars, trucks, boats, racing stuff for people. I have a few clients in Au (Eastern and Western). We have had some good luck buying stuff because of the exchange rate...and other reasons. (Typically a negotiated fee of 10 percent plus expenses) I have arranged and negotiated purchases for everything from boats to vans to racing transmissions. You name it if it is motor powered I have found, bought, sold, or arranged purchase for clients...

Normally when buying stuff, we arrange for shipping to CA, goes into a container, and heads to AU...by boat. (Its the most economical method.)

BTW: About 10 years ago I had a old BMW 1973 2002 round tail lights with 233,000 miles on it. It was a fun car but had some british influence when selectively running) In an off white. We called it grumpy!!!

If not, best wishes on your search.

Cj
ctjahn at hotmail.com