PDA

View Full Version : mastercraft x-35 review and opinions

gate9869
11-21-2010, 11:23 AM
Hey guys im in the market for a new boat. Looking at a nautique 230 and a mastercraft x-35. Im looking at a 2008 x-35, but I have never been on a x-35. I have demoed a x-25 because thats what the local dealer had, loved the boat but couldnt see paying 92,000 for a 21ft boat. I have 5 friends with 230's so im out on those all the time great boat but kind of want a boat that handles rough water also. We do wake board and surf but none of us are going pro anytime soon, we also boat on the river and big lakes a lot hence why I would like something with a deeper v but im not to fond of making a purchase on a boat that I have not been on. The one im looking at is 12 hours from me, I will test drive it and have the local mc dealer there go over the boat before I purchase. I dont want to make that trip before getting some opinions from other x-35 owners and users so I dont waste my time. I have searched all the reviews and test on the boat, but I want to hear what you guys have to say about the boat.
Thanks

Jeff099
11-21-2010, 06:04 PM
gate..

I was in a similar situation a few months ago. I looked at the X-25 and X-35 and ended up with an X-25.

They are pretty similar in that they both handle rougher water very well due their deep v-hull. If you like the ride of the X-25 I think you'll love the X-35. The X-25 has a little nicer wake for wakeboarding but the X-35 is nothing to complain about. Plus you get a little more room in the X-35.

I ended up going with the X-25 because it was a little better on price and I like the newer layout / features the X-25 offered.

I'm not sure where the '08 is priced at but given some of newer options to reduce pricing on a MC you might not be too far off from pricing on a newer one from the dealer - especially with a lot of the fall buying incentives they have going on. I ended up going that way because I was a bit picky on colors and options - plus my bank had better financing on new vs used.

I'd say get with the dealer - and check out the X-35 in person before you drive 12 hrs...

Either way you go... you'll love it.