PDA

View Full Version : Margarita Time

Kyle
11-19-2010, 08:48 PM
Well I decided to build a Margarita Machine. Think I will name it Lone Star Margarita's. It is toatally redneck but should make 5 gallons in about 45 seconds. :D

Yeah Buddy!!!!!

Kyle
11-19-2010, 08:50 PM

Kyle
11-19-2010, 08:52 PM
I will keep pictures coming as the build goes on. I still have to build a lid and finish putting the trim on the sides. Then I will stain it dark brown and put handles on the sides.

DooSPX
11-19-2010, 08:55 PM
That is too cool right there! Way to go Kyle... Care to share some of the profits of your labor? :D:cool:

Kyle
11-19-2010, 08:58 PM
It will be built hopefully by Turkey Day. Going to my sisters hubby's lake house. I really wanted to make it out of Teak but $20 per square foot is a little high.

Kyle
11-19-2010, 08:59 PM
That is too cool right there! Way to go Kyle... Care to share some of the profits of your labor? :D:cool:

You can have one on me:)

CantRepeat
11-19-2010, 10:00 PM
You need to make a mount for a bottle of montazumma triple sec so you can float a shot when done.

airdrew99
11-19-2010, 10:27 PM
Kyle,
Will you post some more pics of the '68 Mustang in the background? I have a '68 Mustang with a 351w and a Tremec TKO 500 5-speed. Also, what part of Ft. Worth are you from? I grew up in Keller.

Drew

CantRepeat
11-19-2010, 11:37 PM
Kyle,
Will you post some more pics of the '68 Mustang in the background? I have a '68 Mustang with a 351w and a Tremec TKO 500 5-speed. Also, what part of Ft. Worth are you from? I grew up in Keller.

Drew

How can you tell he difference between a 67 and 68 without seeing the rear quarter grills? Are the front fenders that different?

airdrew99
11-20-2010, 08:29 AM
The hub caps are from a '68 mustang and the script font on the word "Mustang" are the two things that are telling me that it is a '68 model. I used to have a '67 Mustang. It had block letters instead of the script font, and different hub caps.

Drew

CantRepeat
11-20-2010, 09:30 AM
The hub caps are from a '68 mustang and the script font on the word "Mustang" are the two things that are telling me that it is a '68 model. I used to have a '67 Mustang. It had block letters instead of the script font, and different hub caps.

Drew

Cool, my first was a 66 and my second was a 68.

BallBushing
11-20-2010, 10:45 AM
Dude, that's the ticket. How did you come up with the idea?

tex
11-20-2010, 11:58 AM
It will be built hopefully by Turkey Day. Going to my sisters hubby's lake house. I really wanted to make it out of Teak but $20 per square foot is a little high.

Steal the platform of of Cohen's boat!

Kyle
11-20-2010, 12:04 PM
Dude, that's the ticket. How did you come up with the idea?

A youtube video gave me the idea. But it seemed like the return from the disposal didn't come through the bottom to recycle. They ran theirs on the outside and through the side at the top. I thought the margarita would stay colder if the recycle return was inside where it's cold. I did not have instructions. Just started over analyzing and totally OCD everything on paper. Then started building it.

Kyle
11-20-2010, 12:06 PM
The mustang is not mine and I don't know much about it.

Kyle
11-20-2010, 12:09 PM
Kyle,

Drew

North ft worth by eagle mountain lake. Kind of near haslet. Mustang needs resoration that I will be helping on. Don't know much about it. Will post pics. All I know is that it does have the 289 and it's an auto. Not sure on the year.

Kyle
11-20-2010, 01:40 PM
Steal the platform of of Cohen's boat!

Sorry not a thief

TX.X-30 fan
11-20-2010, 03:19 PM
That is very cool Kyle. My head hurts a bit just looking at it.......... Cam can I grab you a margi??

h2oskifreak
11-20-2010, 04:51 PM
Way cool. Worry about it being sanitary though w/ the disposer. I have epic Marg. parties where we have a competition for the best ones. Call it the "Margarita Mix Off". It gets bigger every year and nobody is allowed to leave (get their keys) until proven sober. We contract w/a limo company or you just stay the night. We give out decent prizes and it gets pretty wild. At the end of the night it usually turns ito a shooter party. My friend still won't give me the secret to the winner 2 years running-"Peach Paralizer, Panty Dropper". Had it now for 6 years in a row and don't see it ending anytime soon. Just don't make plans for the next day, it's rough.

TX.X-30 fan
11-20-2010, 05:52 PM
I think its a new disposal not a used from his double-wide........:D My guess it will be easy to flush the next morning.

Kyle
11-21-2010, 12:50 AM
Plan on cylcling the machine with soap and water then followed by bleach water and finishing it by running about 15 gallons of fresh water. That should keep everything very clean. Disposal is brand new and has all stainless hardware. I did not remove the disposal and put a 5 gallon homer bucket under the sink of my trailer to take it's place.

87PS190
11-21-2010, 08:24 AM
Pretty cool Kyle! Please keep us posted on how it works when you fire her up!

Kyle
11-26-2010, 07:53 PM
finished now I have to stain it.

Kyle
11-26-2010, 07:55 PM

Kyle
11-26-2010, 07:56 PM
It is actually really quiet. It rips through 10 lbs of ice in about 45 seconds. Cant wait to drink a cold rita....:D

tex
11-27-2010, 09:07 PM
Sorry not a thief

I didn't say that....how bout borrow?

Kyle
11-29-2010, 04:23 PM
I didn't say that....how bout borrow?
Now I have no problem borrowing it:D

TayMC197
11-29-2010, 07:12 PM
Does it work?

TayMC197
11-29-2010, 07:13 PM
I'm still skeptical!

TX.X-30 fan
11-30-2010, 08:10 PM
It is actually really quiet. It rips through 10 lbs of ice in about 45 seconds. Cant wait to drink a cold rita....:D

Sounds like it works to me fay err tay :D, Kyle how fine was the grind on your test run?

Kyle
11-30-2010, 09:42 PM
It was like snow. Just like a frozen Rita.

TX.X-30 fan
11-30-2010, 10:15 PM
It was like snow. Just like a frozen Rita.

Bravo!!!!!!!!!!

Kyle
12-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Bravo!!!!!!!!!!

I think you need a machine for your casa:D

Sodar
12-01-2010, 06:27 PM
I've had a few buddies who have made these for their houses at the river. I have never seen a cabinet built around one, though! Good work on the finished project and be prepared to shell out some serious $$$$ to keep that thing full and the party going! :)

TayMC197
12-01-2010, 07:45 PM
I was under the impression that a disposal didn't pump, its just shredded. I don't see how it recirculates. most disposal drain off of gravity and water flow. I'm sure I'm possibly wrong on the concept... If it works, hell I'll help buy the liquor and drink a few.

flipper
12-02-2010, 10:55 AM
I was under the impression that a disposal didn't pump, its just shredded. I don't see how it recirculates. most disposal drain off of gravity and water flow. I'm sure I'm possibly wrong on the concept... If it works, hell I'll help buy the liquor and drink a few.
I had the same thought on the pumping.:confused:

Also had the same thought on you buy the liquor:D

Kyle
12-02-2010, 01:22 PM
Here is an idea for the few of you that don't believe that this great piece of machinery works...... Go fill up your sink with water almost all of the way. Then pull the plug and watch it drain while using a stopwatch. Now refill the sink with water and time it with the disposal on. They are both gravity fed and one is chopping the water up only.....you will find with the disposal on the sink will drain almost 3 times faster.

It creates a siphon and with the drain valve closed it forces it to recycle back into the cooler. The disposal doesn't sit there and spin chopping water and the water level staying the same.

Now Taylor I will text you a video of it working later. It will be with a Just enough to have the machine work. Say 6 cups of water. Next I will put a few gallons in it. Then you can do all of the explanation on this thread for all of the ones who hate on my work. Look at what you have started...,:)

TayMC197
12-02-2010, 01:36 PM
I still think the lawn mower was cooler! Just sayin..

Kyle
12-02-2010, 01:41 PM
You see the "Lawn Mower" means work. My white trash machine means "Drunk"...although the led's on that mower were pretty cool. I liked the headers it had too. It just may be able to do a wheel stand now:)

Jorski
12-02-2010, 03:13 PM
The disposal has blades that chop, but also draw the food downward. The drain would clog, if it didn't.

TX.X-30 fan
12-02-2010, 03:40 PM
The disposal has blades that chop, but also draw the food downward. The drain would clog, if it didn't.

What happens when the oceans rise........... :confused:

flipper
12-02-2010, 04:07 PM
Here is an idea for the few of you that don't believe that this great piece of machinery works...... Go fill up your sink with water almost all of the way. Then pull the plug and watch it drain while using a stopwatch. Now refill the sink with water and time it with the disposal on. They are both gravity fed and one is chopping the water up only.....you will find with the disposal on the sink will drain almost 3 times faster.

It creates a siphon and with the drain valve closed it forces it to recycle back into the cooler. The disposal doesn't sit there and spin chopping water and the water level staying the same.

Now Taylor I will text you a video of it working later. It will be with a Just enough to have the machine work. Say 6 cups of water. Next I will put a few gallons in it. Then you can do all of the explanation on this thread for all of the ones who hate on my work. Look at what you have started...,:)

Interesting, good to know. Thanks

Jorski
12-02-2010, 04:37 PM
What happens when the oceans rise...........

We'll find out soon enough.

thatsmrmastercraft
12-02-2010, 04:45 PM
What happens when the oceans rise........... :confused:

We'll find out soon enough.

More importantly, if this machine were taken into the southern hemisphere, would you need to install a reverse direction disposal in order to get it to draw down properly?

Kyle
12-02-2010, 05:08 PM
More importantly, if this machine were taken into the southern hemisphere, would you need to install a reverse direction disposal in order to get it to draw down properly?

LOL

No we will flip it upside down so everything can flow North right???:D

thatsmrmastercraft
12-02-2010, 05:46 PM
LOL

I suppose if you took the side-cutters to the power cord and trimmed the polarized plug you could then just plug it in backwards and be good to go.

Very impressed by the machine. Not sure that I would ever sober up unless it has some sort of tamper-proof time lock on it so it would shut off sometime Sunday afternoon.

Ric
12-02-2010, 07:19 PM
LOL

Speaking of uphill, have you seen the Grinder that X30fan has? He's a one man party

pram
12-02-2010, 07:21 PM
that is a sweet looking machine

flipper
12-02-2010, 07:39 PM
I want to see this thing run. I've seen x30's machine. That thing will pump some $h!t for sure

TX.X-30 fan
12-02-2010, 08:03 PM
Speaking of uphill, have you seen the Grinder that X30fan has? He's a one man party

I want to see this thing run. I've seen x30's machine. That thing will pump some $h!t for sure

Should work fine huh, little clean-up...........

Kyle
12-02-2010, 08:32 PM
What is that TX?

Kyle
12-02-2010, 08:36 PM
I suppose if you took the side-cutters to the power cord and trimmed the polarized plug you could then just plug it in backwards and be good to go.

Very impressed by the machine. Not sure that I would ever sober up unless it has some sort of tamper-proof time lock on it so it would shut off sometime Sunday afternoon.

I should have a switch with a key pad on it. It will not work unless you put in the right code. Keeps you from getting too drunk if you cant remember the code and people from refilling their cups over and over again. I would then have full control:D

atlfootr
12-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Nice build there Kyle, how much was the final cost for parts and materials?
Number of invested build hrs as well, if you kept count .... post us a photo of self tapp'n one out! :D

thatsmrmastercraft
12-02-2010, 08:57 PM
I should have a switch with a key pad on it. It will not work unless you put in the right code. Keeps you from getting too drunk if you cant remember the code and people from refilling their cups over and over again. I would then have full control:D

You know as well as I do that the secret code would work once. Then you would write it down somewhere in case of emergency......................................... .next thing you know its next Thursday.

TX.X-30 fan
12-02-2010, 09:49 PM
What is that TX?

Grinder pump, which actually might work better than the gravity/siphon effect of a disposal.

I still think you are good to go unless the party grows too large.:D

Kyle
12-02-2010, 10:45 PM
Nice build there Kyle, how much was the final cost for parts and materials?
Number of invested build hrs as well, if you kept count .... post us a photo of self tapp'n one out! :D

About $400

I spent an evening building the cooler and disposan plumming. A Sat afternoon to build the box. All and all not too much time. If I had to guess taking out the beers I drank building it you can build it all on a Saturday.

Will post a pick of me pouring me a Rita:D

Kyle
12-02-2010, 10:50 PM
Grinder pump, which actually might work better than the gravity/siphon effect of a disposal.

I still think you are good to go unless the party grows too large.:D

5 Gallons is a lot of Rita:)

tex
12-03-2010, 07:40 PM

You+Full Control does not add up!

Kyle
12-03-2010, 07:56 PM
You+Full Control does not add up!

LOL

Have you been talking to my therapist?

Kyle
12-12-2010, 04:31 AM
Well I couldn't ask for a better machine. Drinking was a little rough after last night. Tonight was fun watching UFC and using the ole machine for her first time. I used 2 750ml of tequila, 3 750ml of mix, 1 8oz bottle of lime and 16lbs of ice. I believe it came close to making 4 gallons of ritas. I have 1/2 gallon left that will be gone tomorrow. All and all it turned out just like a Rita from a bar and tasted great too. Pics will be posted soon. Gotta sober up first to put pics on computer to post.

tex
12-12-2010, 12:25 PM
Well I couldn't ask for a better machine. Drinking was a little rough after last night. Tonight was fun watching UFC and using the ole machine for her first time. I used 2 750ml of tequila, 3 750ml of mix, 1 8oz bottle of lime and 16lbs of ice. I believe it came close to making 4 gallons of ritas. I have 1/2 gallon left that will be gone tomorrow. All and all it turned out just like a Rita from a bar and tasted great too. Pics will be posted soon. Gotta sober up first to put pics on computer to post.

Waiting on the invit! Good talking the other day!

Jorski
12-12-2010, 02:38 PM
Tonight was fun watching UFC and using the ole machine for her first time. I used 2 750ml of tequila, 3 750ml of mix, 1 8oz bottle of lime and 16lbs of ice. I believe it came close to making 4 gallons of ritas.

LOL...Kyle, your head must feel about the same as Koscheck's does this morning?

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/7669/picture1ty.png

dstone124
02-03-2011, 04:02 PM
I'm on a quest to build a similar machine on Saturday in an attempt to "enjoy" the game on Sunday. Any words of wisdom, post construction and inaugural 'ritas, of what you might do differently to improve your design?!? (not saying it's needed)
Thanks in advance!

Kyle
02-04-2011, 04:02 AM
Finding the right amount of mix, tequila, and ice is hard. Its trial and error every time so far. The ice is the tricky part. Consider it dilutes the mix and tequila, so add more tequila than you think you will need. I have learned to buy too much tequila as both batches I made forced me back to the store to get more.

Last batch was
(3) 750ml of mix
(3.5 to 4) 750ml of tequila
(2) 10lb bags of ice
(1/2) bag of sugar
(1) 8oz bottle of lime juice
(1/2) bottle of Grand Marnier the smaller bottle don't remember size

Made 5 gallons on New Years Eve and got everyone tore down bad. A buddy of mine brought some very good back woods Tennessee moonshine and just made things worse. I don't remember everything that happened. I do remember waking up the next morning with no money as I lost it all on Texas Holdem.

If I made another machine I would make sure the bottom was screwed on instead of nail gunned on. If I had to work on mine it will be a pain. If the bottom was able to unscrew it would be better if it ever leaked or broke down.

Other than that the RITA'S are Rockstar.

Good luck and post pics on here of your build. Who cares about thread jacking. I would like to see your machine.

Kyle
02-04-2011, 04:06 AM
Oh my disposal was a badger 3/4 HP from lowes. I got it for $130ish. With the base covering it, it's not loud. There is no need to waste more money on the quieter disposals that are $200-$400. I am very happy with mine. 15 to 20 lbs of ice will get blended in 45 seconds. That's plenty fast for me. Make for sure your disposal has stainless parts.

Also make the return like mine where it comes back into the cooler through the bottom. If you run the return line on the outside like some other online designs show it will melt and you will be forced to add more ice to thicken and that will eventually weaken your Rita batch. I found my bulkhead pipe fitting at an irrigation supply store. Tell them what you are building and they will hook you up as they have seen this kind of Southern Engineering before.

CantRepeat
02-04-2011, 08:22 AM
Kyle, what brand of lime juice are you using?

TX.X-30 fan
02-04-2011, 09:49 AM
1/2 bag of sugar??? I think I just went into anaphylactic shock........

Kyle
02-04-2011, 12:25 PM
Kyle, what brand of lime juice are you using?

Whatever I can find that is 100% lime juice.

Kyle
02-04-2011, 12:26 PM
1/2 bag of sugar??? I think I just went into anaphylactic shock........

Sugar makes it taste really good. It will be like candy or coolaid to a kid. Watch out

I add sugar if it gets too tart. So far sugar has been needed to ease the kick of tequila or take away some zip of the mix. Caution: add sugar little bits at a time. I end up using half the bag but would not just pour half the bag in off the start. The whole process is mix tequila, ice, and mix. Then Tase. Start adding other ingredients as needed.

TX.X-30 fan
02-04-2011, 12:29 PM
Sugar makes it taste really good. It will be like candy or coolaid to a kid. Watch out

Adult onset diabetes...............:D

Kyle
02-04-2011, 12:34 PM
Adult onset diabetes...............:D

Forgot to mention that you could die from this.:D

jdeml
04-10-2011, 07:21 PM
Thanks to you I made mine.

Agian thanks for your detailed posts. Made it so easy to tackle and love it.

Kyle
04-25-2011, 10:40 AM
Thanks to you I made mine.

Agian thanks for your detailed posts. Made it so easy to tackle and love it.

That's awesome more pics please!

jdeml
05-11-2011, 09:04 PM
That's awesome more pics please!

I had a ton of the whole build process but erased em when I needed space on my phone due to the theft of all my stereo gear. This is the last one. I made it with white siding so when people are over they can all sign and date it. Good memories!!!

OHIOPRO205
02-03-2012, 08:36 PM
Getting ready to build one. I will post pics as soon as finished.

curtish
02-10-2012, 10:21 PM
Sweet! Great idea for parties!

CantRepeat
09-14-2012, 05:15 PM
Finding the right amount of mix, tequila, and ice is hard. Its trial and error every time so far. The ice is the tricky part. Consider it dilutes the mix and tequila, so add more tequila than you think you will need. I have learned to buy too much tequila as both batches I made forced me back to the store to get more.

Last batch was
(3) 750ml of mix
(3.5 to 4) 750ml of tequila
(2) 10lb bags of ice
(1/2) bag of sugar
(1) 8oz bottle of lime juice
(1/2) bottle of Grand Marnier the smaller bottle don't remember size

Made 5 gallons on New Years Eve and got everyone tore down bad. A buddy of mine brought some very good back woods Tennessee moonshine and just made things worse. I don't remember everything that happened. I do remember waking up the next morning with no money as I lost it all on Texas Holdem.

If I made another machine I would make sure the bottom was screwed on instead of nail gunned on. If I had to work on mine it will be a pain. If the bottom was able to unscrew it would be better if it ever leaked or broke down.

Other than that the RITA'S are Rockstar.

Good luck and post pics on here of your build. Who cares about thread jacking. I would like to see your machine.

What brand of mix were you using?

I wanna make some homemade ritas tonight!!

TxsRiverRat
09-14-2012, 05:41 PM

If you wanna make em on the rocks, here's my recipe:

1 shot reposado tequila (el jimador, muy especial are perfect, affordable and not rot gut)

1 shot grand marnier

1 shot lime juice (fresh squeezed is best

2 tsp sugar

2 margs is all it takes me and i'm ripped... Good margaritas do not need mix.

Kyle
09-14-2012, 07:17 PM

I use sauza tequila and mix.

Since I get too drunk on them and really haven't protected it 100%.

Once I get it perfect I will switch to Don Julio

Kyle
09-14-2012, 07:18 PM
Tim

Did u build a machine????

Pics if you did please

CantRepeat
09-14-2012, 07:38 PM
Tim

Did u build a machine????

Pics if you did please

It's on the honey-doo list for the early part of this winter. Gonna build a stand and put it next to the hot tub. It's crazy what women will do when drunk and in a hot tub.

Kyle
09-14-2012, 07:40 PM
It's on the honey-doo list for the early part of this winter. Gonna build a stand and put it next to the hot tub. It's crazy what women will do when drunk and in a hot tub.

Well post up some pics of your high powered rig when you build her!!!

CantRepeat
09-14-2012, 07:47 PM
Well post up some pics of your high powered rig when you build her!!!

Right on. Might have to get Ski Dog to resend my password for that that place. ;)

Kyle
09-14-2012, 07:48 PM
Right on. Might have to get Ski Dog to resend my password for that that place. ;)

Lol gotcha

quincyfirefighter
09-15-2012, 10:38 AM

Is Ski Dog running the show over there now. May have to have him resend mine also. Wonder if bad betsy is still posting over there. Have not talk to her in a long time.

Kyle
09-15-2012, 11:43 AM
Tim

How were the Rita's last night?

How was the hot tub lol?

You are up pretty early today so I take it the ole head is not pounding with a hangover.

Kyle
09-15-2012, 12:16 PM
Atlfootr

Check post 56. Your inbox is full

Kyle
09-15-2012, 12:19 PM
Ok I found some pics of a party and I will post them up. Some of you want to see the margarita that came out.

Hope this gives an idea of what you get.

Cloaked
01-01-2014, 10:13 AM
bump ^

mzimme
01-01-2014, 05:44 PM
I've made plenty o margs with something similar to what you have there... this is a bit more convenient to take places though.