PDA

View Full Version : Help on JL e2150 amp install

09X2
11-15-2010, 10:43 PM
Hi, ive got a JL e2150 to install to power the 4 JL650 CCX tower speakerson my 09 x2, now ive not had much experience with stereo installs befor, so my question is, how easy is the install, should i tackle this my self ? What addition parts will i need. Want to avoid paying some one to wire in if its relativley easy.
And help appreciated.

Thrall
11-16-2010, 11:40 AM
2150 means 2 channels, 150W rms @ 4ohm = 75W/ch @4ohm. You got 4 speakers that are probably rated at around 100W RMS each. That amp really isn't big enough for what you're trying to do.
09's should be pre-wired for tower speakers, not sure if parallel or series wiring for 4 speakers, but without pulling more wire, you'll have to run series to the speakers if there's only 2 pr of wire to the tower.
Power supply, take it right off the battery or distribution block. Short run on an X2, could use 8ga, fused,no problem with that amp. If you get an amp large enough to drive the speakers (2 ch at 250W/ch or 4 ch at 100W/channel, just guessing) then step up to 6ga, fused. Run the same size ground as pwer wire. RCA inputs come right off the head unit.
Do some reading on hooking up amps, there's some write ups on here and this site is a good reference for audio installs. http://www.bcae1.com/