PDA

View Full Version : Need a new boat cover

LYNRDSKYNRD
11-14-2010, 02:39 PM
I have a '87 prostar 190 that i keep outdoors, my old cover i bought it wih is toast. The boat came with the old cover so I have never bought one..........anybody got a suggestion about what cover (brand, size etc.) that I should get. Thanks in advance for any help.

CantRepeat
11-14-2010, 02:53 PM
http://www.skiboatcovers.com/index.html

Just got a new one for my 06. I got the top gun sunbrella cover. It came with 3 poles to hole it up off of the boat and I guess let the rain run off. I also ordered wit the waterline kit so it goes all the way down to the trailer. Pretty much just covers the entire boat.

For your boat it's $519 or $649 for the waterline cover.

EarlyriserX9
11-15-2010, 10:50 AM
Another vote for www.skiboatcovers.com

BrianM
11-15-2010, 11:49 AM
For outdoor storage definitely get a Sunbrella waterline cover from www.skiboatcovers.com (http://www.skiboatcovers.com). Will give you the most available protection. Great product, service and fast shipping I would also recommend you have then sew on straps with life jacket style buckles. I think they charged me an extra $20 for this put it was well worth it for the ease of cinching down the cover. Here is a picture of my '88 with the cover installed. I had to store that boat outside and it stayed bone dry with the cover which is saying something because we get a lot of rain.

LYNRDSKYNRD
11-18-2010, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the help guys...gonna give them a call my boat has a tower so I will need one with cut outs for it. I love the waterline cover too...keep the gel looking good after buffing it out. All the help is greatly appreciated.

sand2snow22
11-19-2010, 01:12 AM
Another vote for these guys. I have a waterline cover and it works very well!

CantRepeat
11-19-2010, 07:44 AM
Thanks for the help guys...gonna give them a call my boat has a tower so I will need one with cut outs for it. I love the waterline cover too...keep the gel looking good after buffing it out. All the help is greatly appreciated.

They will do custom tower pockets for you. There is a guide on the site on how to measure for them.

Worthing skier
11-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Hi There

I had my local marine trimer make one out of Sunbrella , cost 250.00 GBP .
Fitted 10 clipon poppers around the screen , used 6 of the rear vent mount screws for poppers at the rear and had to drill 10 holes for the side poppers .
It takes a minuite to remove and refit , very tight with a couple of props , it is completly water tight.
Boat in on the water for 8 mths and at home for the rest of the year.
Had no problems with it .
I recon this is the way to go .

Good luck

Kevin

wsfskiier
11-28-2010, 10:47 AM
We have a one year old cover and no boat it lives inside will sell make offer
fits over entire boat tip to tail

Kyle
11-29-2010, 04:46 PM
For what make and model, year, boat.

wsfskiier