PDA

View Full Version : Live on lake or Trailer

floridamastercraft
11-12-2010, 09:14 AM
Do you live on the lake or trailer...

I used to live on a lake years ago and really miss it now with the wife and with the parents ageing its harder now to relocated and move to a new area...

I only ski about 1/3 of the time I used to since it takes alot more time to trailer to the lake..

dmminfla
11-12-2010, 09:40 AM
What lake in south florida did you live on?

east tx skier
11-12-2010, 10:42 AM
We've got a trailer on the lake? Does that count?

Gonzo
11-12-2010, 10:48 AM
how about in a lift, hanging over a lake, that I drive, to without a trailer.... unless of course I am taking something big with me, but then I drive the truck, so that doesnt really count at all... wait... what was the question?

Skipper
11-12-2010, 11:21 AM
Yeah, I tow the boat two hours, one way, just for an afternoon of skiing. And once a year I'll tow the boat from wherever I live back to Lake Powell for 10 days of skiing.

turn1andburn1
11-12-2010, 11:36 AM
We trailer to the lake, but we are lucky and its only a ten min drive. Have family that lives on another lake, more like a big pond, but its way too crowded and very unsafe i think.

rjracin240
11-12-2010, 12:31 PM
[QUOTE=floridamastercraft;718492]Do you live on the lake or trailer...

Used to live in a trailer but saved the pennies to buy a house on the lake

bobx1
11-12-2010, 01:46 PM
I own a boat that has a trailer. I live in a house that is not by the water. I have a camp on a lake that I trailer to every weekend - too anal to leave it outdoors and too cheap to put a lift in.

barefoot
11-12-2010, 05:37 PM
I live on a lake and have a ShoreStation the MC sits on.

Footin
11-12-2010, 05:38 PM
I live in a van down by the river.

André
11-12-2010, 05:46 PM
I will hopefully never move from here...except to be on a man made slalom lake!:)

bbymgr
11-12-2010, 05:48 PM

Why don't you be Matts good little helper and ......SHUT YOUR CAKE HOLE!!!!

ahhudgins
11-12-2010, 06:32 PM
Live in a house 45 minutes away from the lake. Boat is parked under cover during the week and we drive to the lake on the weekends where we got a good (actually a great) rental deal on a house and dock. One day I hope to actually own a house on the lake.

CruisinGA
11-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Live 2 hours away from lake house with boat on a lift.
Makes it tough to work on the boat, but easy to enjoy. :)

floridamastercraft
11-12-2010, 06:45 PM
I don't live on a lake right now in south florida I usually trailer to Lake Ida since its the close to us

would love to move to central FL or South but hard to relocated right now (trying to make the family happy but not me at all)(they don't want to move) and cost to much to live on the water in south florida and its a real pain to trailer with the traffic takes me 3 times longer now then 10 yrs ago :( then the water is probably 4 times busy... sorry just venting ahhhhh........

trickskier
11-12-2010, 06:58 PM
I don't live on a lake right now in south florida I usually trailer to Lake Ida since its the close to us

would love to move to central FL or South but hard to relocated right now (trying to make the family happy but not me at all)(they don't want to move) and cost to much to live on the water in south florida and its a real pain to trailer with the traffic takes me 3 times longer now then 10 yrs ago :( then the water is probably 4 times busy... sorry just venting ahhhhh........

I think you misunderstood his question. He wanted to know what lake you use to live on?

trickskier
11-12-2010, 06:59 PM
I will hopefully never move from here...except to be on a man made slalom lake!:)

Beautiful Andre!!! :D

daverbeck
11-12-2010, 10:50 PM
OK where do I fit? My Mastercraft lives on a lake - at my buddies house 25 minutes away. Have a fish & ski boat in the garage and just bought a lakefront home in northern Wisc which is unfortunately 4 hrs away.

JohnE
11-12-2010, 11:23 PM
Do you live on the lake or trailer...

OK where do I fit? My Mastercraft lives on a lake - at my buddies house 25 minutes away. Have a fish & ski boat in the garage and just bought a lakefront home in northern Wisc which is unfortunately 4 hrs away.

You would simply answer 'yes'.:cool:

cf_koch
11-13-2010, 09:06 AM
Andre'- If I were you I would never move either. That place looks beautiful.

Monteluna
11-13-2010, 01:11 PM
The last kid graduated from HS in May, freeing us up to live the dream. We bought this place on a lake in the Kansas City area. Had to go the entire summer without a boat, but picked up this PS205 in October. One day on the lake, then into storage. You can't see it from this picture, but the slalom course is straight out from our dock close to the far shore. It is a pleasure to sit on our patio and watch the skiers go by throwing up majestic sprays made golden by the early morning or late afternoon light. I'm loving it!

http://shoe.smugmug.com/Other/Prostar-205/IMG0819/1088872436_6dXZR-L.jpg

jipster43
11-13-2010, 03:32 PM
Growing up I spent summers on Lake Cushman - two hours west of Seattle. We would drop the boat in at the beginning of the season and pull it out at the end. Now I live a thousand miles away and had to trailer the boat an hour or more all summer. I was fortunate enough to meet a couple who built their own ski lake, and we've got a promo boat coming next year that will sit in the boat house waiting for use, so it looks like the 220 hours on the '93 S&S will be ticking over even slower from now on.

http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu45/jipster43/GetAttachment-1aspx.jpg

JP :)

Slinkyredfoot
11-13-2010, 06:25 PM

Why would you ever want to move? What a beautiful sight right in your front yard :confused: ;)

Jerseydave
11-14-2010, 09:22 AM
I trailer to the river which is 40 mins away. Most lakes in NJ are overcrowded, so this spot works well for us.

My plan in a few years is to find a lakefront place with 2-3 hours away for summer fun!

SunCoast 83
11-15-2010, 03:03 AM
We live about 15 minutes from the lake and about 30 minutes from the river.
So the boat sits on a trailer in our garage.
We have a private ski lake in our neighborhood, however the dude that owns the ramp closed it off to everyone....what a douc***

Want to live on the lake someday......

YTW
11-15-2010, 10:41 AM
Six miles from the lake. Boat in the garage on its trailer and ready to go anytime of the year.

DooSPX
11-15-2010, 04:59 PM
I live in a community on the lake, and we have a community dock. Trailer 1 minute to put the boat in at the ramp. :D In West Virgina, we have a house right on the river with our own ramp.

aaron.
11-15-2010, 05:22 PM
We have a private ski lake in our neighborhood, however the dude that owns the ramp closed it off to everyone....what a douc***

oh wow, that's the definition of douc***y!

JohnnyB
11-15-2010, 07:01 PM

I live down by the river, but don't own a van :rolleyes:

JohnnyB
11-15-2010, 07:03 PM
I trailer to the river which is 40 mins away. Most lakes in NJ are overcrowded, so this spot works well for us.

My plan in a few years is to find a lakefront place with 2-3 hours away for summer fun!

I like the skylon and flag in the middle of your boat...why bother with the tower :D

87PS190
11-15-2010, 09:32 PM
My wife and I lived on a private lake for 16 years, kids got closer to school age and didn't want them going to the local school, so we built a new house and moved. After they're gone, we'll be back on the water somewhere, lake, ocean.....might even live on a boat....

mramerman@gmail.com
11-16-2010, 11:32 AM
We live in Kirkland a small community on the east-side of Lake Washington near Seattle, Washington. Our home is less than a mile from the city operated boat ramp which they give priority to residents. As a result, we have never had to wait in a line and the city provides trailer parking which is also always available throughout the Summer. We can be in the water in less than 10 minutes, including getting beer on ice. We are very fortunate.

onejdgreen
11-18-2010, 09:21 AM
Well...I dont live on the lake. BUT my family owns a house on the lake, that I drive to that one of MasterCrafts stays on a lift there and sometimes I trailer my other MasterCraft with me. Plus I have a huge lake between my house and my office where I sometimes trailer the boat to work with me and then go there. BUT I sometimes just trailer my boat and drive until I find a lake and then just ski. But what was the question again, do I have trailer lake or lake trailer or something like that???

atlfootr
11-19-2010, 09:02 AM
I don't live on a lake right now in south florida, usually trailer.
Would love to move to central FLGive me a call, I'll set YOU up!
http://www.mastercraft.com/market/showproduct.php?product=1699&cat=11 (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/../market/showproduct.php?product=1699&cat=11)

sizzler
11-19-2010, 11:06 AM
We've got a trailer on the lake? Does that count?

same here doug.......

smoketu
11-21-2010, 10:10 AM
We trailer about a hour one way every weekend with the rest of the hooligans. When I hit the lotto I'll have that private spot reserved.