PDA

View Full Version : Happy Veteran's Day

2RLAKE
11-11-2010, 02:01 PM
thanks to all you Vets out there for supporting our great country

DooSPX
11-11-2010, 02:47 PM
Thanks to all the men and women in Marines, Navy, Army, Air Force and Coast Guard... past, current and future duty as well as the Reserves!

God bless you all!!!

rjracin240
11-11-2010, 09:00 PM
Thanks for starting this thread, wanted to remember some of the guys I had served with in the Coast Guard

Petty Officer Bruckenthal, a damage controlman, was on a security mission in the Persian Gulf on April 24, 2004, when suicide bombers initiated a waterborne assault on the Khawr Al Amaya oil terminal. Bruckenthal was severely wounded while defending the Iraqi terminal, and later died from his injuries. He was serving aboard the USS Firebolt on his second tour of duty in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. Bruckenthal was the first Coast Guardsman killed in combat since the Vietnam War. For his actions, he was posthumously awarded the Bronze Star Medal, the Purple Heart, and the Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal in April 2004.

Jeff Crane
The copter was en route to the aid of a Canadian sailing boat that ran into trouble at sea 40 miles off Cape Mendocino. The boat's five crew members were eventually rescued by a Coast Guard cutter.

Among the missing copter crew were: Lt. Jeffrey F. Crane, 35, of Marshfield, Mass.; Lt. j.g. Charles W. Thigpen, 26, of Riverside; Petty Officer 3rd Class Richard L. Hughes, 33, of Black Canyon, Ariz.; and Petty Officer 3rd Class James C. Caines, 26, of Hinesville, Ga.

Lt. Cmdr. Andrew Wischmeier
According to the Coast Guard, the HH-65 Dolphin helicopter's crew was conducting drills with a motor lifeboat from Station Honolulu when it went down.

Rest in peace shipmates, calm winds following seas

Also would like everyone to remember our Servicemen as well as our allies from England, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, & Europe for their serrvice they and their families make.

thatsmrmastercraft
11-11-2010, 09:31 PM
Very well said by by the above gentlemen. it is to all the above mentioned people serving our great country that we owe it's very existence. My hat is off to all who have served in any capacity.

Hoosier Bob
11-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Thank you to all veterans and a special thanks to the veterans here! THANK YOU!

Maristar210
11-11-2010, 10:12 PM
My utmost respect, my admiration and a snap salute go out to every one of our servicemen both past and present. Thank you.

76S&S
11-11-2013, 11:00 AM
Many thanks to those that have served, those that are presently serving and their family members as well!

Happy Veteran's Day.

93Prostar190
11-11-2013, 03:07 PM
Happy Veteran's Day to everyone ..... foremost to those who have served before us and given of themselves to defend our liberty.
Also to their families that gave them the strength and support while they performed the "noblest of duties" on our behalf.
Duty, Honor, Country!

scott023
11-11-2013, 05:36 PM
Happy Remembrance Day. All of our gratitude to those that served and fought for our freedom.

Sawdust
11-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Went to visit my Uncle Bill today. Bill was one hell of a guy... a war hero, a man who loved and lived life with passion, and one who was loved by almost everyone he met. As positive and upbeat as Bill was, every couple of years the horrors of war would catch up with him... it was just more than he could manage. During these episodes Bill would have to "go away for a little while" and fight his demons, because for Bill, as is the case with so many others, his experiences fighting in the Pacific theater were as fresh in his mind as if they'd happened yesterday. It was during Bills last visit to the hospital in 2005 that the war finally caught up with him and took his life 60 years after the fact!

Thank you Bill, and thank you to all who have served!