PDA

View Full Version : What Would You Do.....

coz
11-09-2010, 09:38 AM
....if you won $164 million?

http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/whoareyougoingtodop1.gif

:D

Skipper
11-09-2010, 10:02 AM
I dunno, the new girl looks a little old and big. Probably take a younger, thinner girl and a new boat.

76S&S
11-09-2010, 02:07 PM
I would post that of FB, but my wife would see it............

ahhudgins
11-09-2010, 02:18 PM
I never play, so it could never happen. First off, give 40% to Obama.:(

My father-in-law plays the same set of numbers every week in the VA lottery. He said that if he plays the same set of numbers EVERY WEEK, they HAVE to eventually be picked. I explained to him that the odds of winning are 1 in 175 million because there are 175 million possible number combinations. The problem is that the lottery is not a raffle with a set number of tickets. With a lottery, it is possible for some sets of numbers to be repeated or NEVER come up, so the odds of winning are infinite. I told him that it's possible his numbers could NEVER be picked...EVER. I could see the light start to flicker but it never came on.

coz
11-09-2010, 02:21 PM
I would post that of FB, but my wife would see it............

That's why I posted it here, mine doesn't come here so it's safe :D

YTW
11-09-2010, 02:45 PM
I'd have a fleet of Mastercraft boats traveling the US taking orphan children to the lake and introducing them to boating, skiing, and wakeboarding.

FrankSchwab
11-09-2010, 05:32 PM
I have a 30 minute drive each way to work...passing by three different billboards advertising the state lottery. I've spent countless hours during the drive pondering that question. It certainly keeps the brain cells clicking away.

And, no, honey, I wouldn't replace you with a younger model. Honest.

/frank

coz
11-09-2010, 06:03 PM
I never play, so it could never happen. First off, give 40% to Obama.:(

My father-in-law plays the same set of numbers every week in the VA lottery. He said that if he plays the same set of numbers EVERY WEEK, they HAVE to eventually be picked. I explained to him that the odds of winning are 1 in 175 million because there are 175 million possible number combinations. The problem is that the lottery is not a raffle with a set number of tickets. With a lottery, it is possible for some sets of numbers to be repeated or NEVER come up, so the odds of winning are infinite. I told him that it's possible his numbers could NEVER be picked...EVER. I could see the light start to flicker but it never came on.

I'm sure all the winners would tell you, odds don't mean sheet :D so I look at it like this and I probably pass the same signs as Frank...I only put down $1 (that's all it takes) on wendesday and saturday for the powerball and if you don't play you'll for sure never win....$2 a week on quick picks for a chance to win millions is worth it to me :headbang:

76S&S
11-09-2010, 06:17 PM
That's why I posted it here, mine doesn't come here so it's safe :D

Coz............is a very smart man!:D

ahhudgins
11-09-2010, 06:53 PM
I'm sure all the winners would tell you, odds don't mean sheet :D so I look at it like this and I probably pass the same signs as Frank...I only put down $1 (that's all it takes) on wendesday and saturday for the powerball and if you don't play you'll for sure never win....$2 a week on quick picks for a chance to win millions is worth it to me :headbang:

That's exactly right, it's a "chance" you could win. You understand that you could just be throwing your $2 a week down the drain, but my father-in-law believes that at some point he "has to win" as long as he plays the same numbers. I'd bet that he spends at least $100 a month on the lottery. The odds are just too high for me to spend the $2 :D

sand2snow22
11-09-2010, 06:59 PM
^^ Give your father in law these odds. 80% of winners come from quick picks, 20% come from playing their own numbers.......

coz
11-09-2010, 07:05 PM
That's exactly right, it's a "chance" you could win. You understand that you could just be throwing your $2 a week down the drain, but my father-in-law believes that at some point he "has to win" as long as he plays the same numbers. I'd bet that he spends at least $100 a month on the lottery. The odds are just too high for me to spend the $2 :D

So when your father in law wins and after he passes away and leaves your wife a hefty inheritance I hope he excludes you with a "don't give him any money" claus in the will :D If he can afford it, there nothing wrong with dreaming :banana: Do you play the penny slots with the blue hairs when you go to Vegas....just wondering :D

ahhudgins
11-09-2010, 11:23 PM
The sad news is that his health is going down hill: Cancer in his lymph nodes in his neck, tumor in one lung and emphysema. He is still smoking one cigarette after another. I have no problem with any one playing the lottery, people win every week and Iím happy for them. I just tried to explain to him that itís possible his numbers will never come up. Itís one thing to play for the fun of it (and hope to win) and playing because you think youíve come up with some mathematical formula that insures you will win (which he believes). If he does win I'll let you guys know so you can rub it in!;)

Youíve got to know my Father-in-law. When I first met him 25 years ago, he told me that he could put 3 balls of aluminum foil on his TV antenna and pick up cable. I told him Iíd give him $1,000 to show me. I still have my $1,000.

coz
11-09-2010, 11:34 PM
The sad news is that his health is going down hill: Cancer in his lymph nodes in his neck, tumor in one lung and emphysema. He is still smoking one cigarette after another. I have no problem with any one playing the lottery, people win every week and Iím happy for them. I just tried to explain to him that itís possible his numbers will never come up. Itís one thing to play for the fun of it (and hope to win) and playing because you think youíve come up with some mathematical formula that insures you will win (which he believes). If he does win I'll let you guys know so you can rub it in!;)

Youíve got to know my Father-in-law. When I first met him 25 years ago, he told me that he could put 3 balls of aluminum foil on his TV antenna and pick up cable. I told him Iíd give him $1,000 to show me. I still have my $1,000.

Wow!...so sorry to hear this, that's terrible and I can only hope for the best for him. Yeah, I don't play with a mathematical plan or certain numbers....I just do the quick pick and it's like pulling the arm of a slot machine.....you never know what it's gonna land on but you hope it lines out 3 cherry's :D

FrankSchwab
11-09-2010, 11:36 PM
I agree with you on the reasons for playing...

I'm an engineer, and fully understand what the odds of "1 in 180 million mean". Yet, I still play on occasion - I see it as $1 spent on entertainment to keep that long drive manageable. Yes, a private houseboat on Lake Powell is high on the purchase list (and spare keys for a half dozen of my good friends).

Anyone who thinks they will win, or that they have a system for winning, are sadly mistaken. But Numbers games have been around forever; people always want to believe that luck will smile their way. Arguing with them is ineffective; they HAVE to believe they'll win. Smile, and accept them; because anything else leads to nothing but conflict.

/frank

ahhudgins
11-10-2010, 01:40 PM
I think a new boat would be at the top of the list for most of us. I would love to move to a warmer climate so I can ski more than 7 months out of the year, but I don't think my wife would go for that. The main reason why I don't play is because if I won, my ski buddy would hit me up for back child support. He swears that I fathered his two kids with his wife. I told him that it's completely absurd because only one of them looks like me!;)

Maristar210
11-10-2010, 01:59 PM
I think a new boat would be at the top of the list for most of us. I would love to move to a warmer climate so I can ski more than 7 months out of the year, but I don't think my wife would go for that. The main reason why I don't play is because if I won, my ski buddy would hit me up for back child support. He swears that I fathered his two kids with his wife. I told him that it's completely absurd because only one of them looks like me!;)

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa