PDA

View Full Version : New season off to a bad start

mallees
11-08-2010, 05:07 PM
:(
Had my X2 out on the weekend, and with the recent floods we have had, there is a fair bit of debris in the river. I think I might wait a few more weeks before I put her back in the water. Hopefully the river will settle down by then.

The8Ball
11-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Looks like that was all the damage (one fin?)... on the bright side, it could have been much worse.

makaveli2308
11-08-2010, 05:18 PM
hi mate,

was this up on the murray river ? A few friends were up there over cup weekend and destroyed a prop...

What year is the x2 so we can look out for you. We will be heading up with our new x2 in a few weeks time...

mallees
11-08-2010, 07:21 PM
Looks like that was all the damage (one fin?)... on the bright side, it could have been much worse.

Yes, only 1 fin thank God, I have roughly straightened it out, and the boat tracks great, so it will stay this way for the season. I will remove it in about 7 months to get repaired properly.

We put a ding in the prop a couple weeks ago, but I have had that fixed already.

mallees
11-08-2010, 07:37 PM
hi mate,

was this up on the murray river ? A few friends were up there over cup weekend and destroyed a prop...

What year is the x2 so we can look out for you. We will be heading up with our new x2 in a few weeks time...

Yeah, on the Murray at Echuca, We have an 04X2, full black hull with white deck. Can't miss it as its the only one like it in the country.

Not the best pic, but all I have at work.

makaveli2308
11-08-2010, 08:42 PM
boat looks great. How long have you had it? It's just i don't recall every seeing it up there and we have been going up there for quite a few years. We tend to head off 5 mile ramp towards wills bend.

Hopefully most of the junk floating in the river is gone in a few weeks time.

ShawnB
11-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Wow that boat looks awfully familiar!

mallees
11-08-2010, 10:49 PM
boat looks great. How long have you had it? It's just i don't recall every seeing it up there and we have been going up there for quite a few years. We tend to head off 5 mile ramp towards wills bend.

Hopefully most of the junk floating in the river is gone in a few weeks time.

Very strange that you haven't seen us. We have a cabin at Riverlander, and ride from there to Wills bend and back several times a day on weekends, and normally spend the last 2 weeks of January up there as well. We've been going there for 3 or 4 years. We dont normally head out in the middle of the day, just mornings and late evenings to keep away from the traffic.

mallees
11-08-2010, 10:58 PM
Wow that boat looks awfully familiar!

Nice boat Shaun,;) almost exactly the same, we have an extra pair of the same speaker cans and our hull is all black, also have different color interior, coz our original vinyl went bad.

makaveli2308
11-08-2010, 11:31 PM
yeah i probably have seen your boat, just never paid attention to it i guess. We tend to do a similar thing, head out in the afternoob to avoid the chaos !!

flya750
11-09-2010, 02:09 AM
My cat next to me jumped when I said.. "Holy ****!!"

This was of course after I saw the pic of the bent shark fin? How the heck is that possible? Wow! Crazy!!!

mallees
11-09-2010, 04:50 PM
My cat next to me jumped when I said.. "Holy ****!!"

This was of course after I saw the pic of the bent shark fin? How the heck is that possible? Wow! Crazy!!!

We have had a heap of rain over the last month or so, and our weirs are open. The river level has risen about 15 feet or more, this has washed a heap of logs and rubbish into the river. Some of the logs are 20 feet long and 18 inches in diameter and many are floating just below the surface. I was "lucky" enough to find one of them. A lesser boat would have had the bottom ripped out, but there is not a mark on my boat apart from the bent fin.

Jim@BAWS
11-09-2010, 05:02 PM
The bent fin is a statement to the quality of the boat. That fin is through bolted into steel. Not just anchored by some screws and 5200 to the exterior of the boat. I have seen the competitions fins ripped off and a hole in the bottom of the boat. Be happy you where in a MC and not something else

Jim@BAWS