PDA

View Full Version : 2005 X7 ballast system

eurosysytem0
11-06-2010, 01:12 PM
I am a new X7 owner:

Does anybody have a diagram of the 2005 X7 ballast system.

The boat only has one rear fat sack with two vents (?) on the port/left side (why two?) and one vent on the starboard/right side for emptying.

The system appears to rely only on manual switch operation when tank full. (no indicator lights).

The ballast circuit breaker trips regularly and on the odd occasion the pump will not run for an hour then suddenly starts working again. Which is a real pain in the arse when the next skiier is slalom

Any ideas why the breaker trips and then after reset pump does not run?

How do you get access to the ballast pump as on my boat there only appears to be an 6/7 inch circular plastic access panel in the middle of the boat at the rear.

Any help would be appreciated.

Is there a workshop manual that shows the X7 boat engineering layout/ Wiring, ballast, fuel system etc etc?

xbot50000
11-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Replace the black impellers with new green ones and you won't trip the breaker. Pump should be located behind the rear ski locker. The extra valves are overflow and air valves.

Jim@BAWS
11-08-2010, 08:27 AM
Easy fix....REPLACE impeller...Pump is located in the back of the boat under and behind the cover for the fuel tank. Green or yellow impeller will work. On the back of the panel where you fill and empty switch is. there is a circuit breaker. Looks like you have located it. Change the impeller ASAP

That will more than likely cure your problem

Jim@BAWS

jason@wakemakers.com
11-08-2010, 12:09 PM
Do not bother with the yellow impeller, it has been discontinued for use in ballast system by Jabsco, and you'll only end up replacing it with a green impeller next year anyway.

CLTMC
11-08-2010, 05:10 PM
Definitely replace with the green impeller

eurosysytem0
11-13-2010, 01:04 PM
Guys just got back from Holiday to see all your posts. Thanks.

The advice is consistent-change to green impellor asap. Can any of you give me a USA contact telephone or email address to buy one (I assume its one). I live in UK and I just "know" my dealer will not stock impellors- just pumps.
Thanks again