PDA

View Full Version : X45 Leaking water from hull through prop shaft

98InTheHole
11-06-2010, 03:56 AM
Last time I took the boat out of the water I noticed quite a bit a water coming out of the hull through the prop shaft, I never saw this before, but I never really looked.

I checked the bilge and it looked dry.

Please take a look at this video where you can see what I'm talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrZtm7CEznQ

Is this normal? Should I be concerned?

CantRepeat
11-06-2010, 07:48 AM
It is normal for a dripless systems.

There is a line that runs from you cooling system to a dripless shaft seal. It will always have water running out of it.

98InTheHole
11-06-2010, 11:45 AM
It is normal for a dripless systems.

There is a line that runs from you cooling system to a dripless shaft seal. It will always have water running out of it.

I did think of the cooling system, however it kept dripping for quite a while after the boat was out of the water and everything was shut off, where was all this water coming from?

Bouyhead
11-06-2010, 12:14 PM
I did think of the cooling system, however it kept dripping for quite a while after the boat was out of the water and everything was shut off, where was all this water coming from?

The hose that feeds your dripless system runs from the engine to the shaft. probably just excess water that is in the hose.

Hrkdrivr
11-06-2010, 05:06 PM
Yep, normal. If you hook up a fake-a-lake and run the engine in your driveway, water will be streaming out of there in a steady, strong stream. Caught be by surprise the first time. If you look around inside near your shaft packing/stuffing area, you'll find a small line connected to supply cooling water.

mikey.145
11-08-2010, 10:12 PM
This also scared me when I flushed my 07 X45 for the first time, I immediately call the dealer and spoke to a service rep. Totally normal but sure did get my attention!