PDA

View Full Version : Not Enough Speakers??

x-swagger
11-05-2010, 03:26 PM
So i have noticed that pretty much every boat short of the X-Star and X-80 only has 4 interior mid level speakers.

The X-Star has the two in the bow, two in the port cup holder area, one by the driver and one in the starboard cup holder area.

However, all the other boats have 2 in the bow, and then one by the driver and one near the port cup holders.. (keep in mind i am not counting the tweeters or sub)

I am just curious why MC decided to give the X-star the extra sound and skimped on all the other boats? Seems to me like if you got a X-45 without the tower speakers, the sounds would be pretty weak towards the back of the boat... Kind of a bummer!

scott023
11-05-2010, 03:28 PM
So i have noticed that pretty much every boat short of the X-Star and X-80 only has 4 interior mid level speakers.

The X-Star has the two in the bow, two in the port cup holder area, one by the driver and one in the starboard cup holder area.

However, all the other boats have 2 in the bow, and then one by the driver and one near the port cup holders.. (keep in mind i am not counting the tweeters or sub)

I am just curious why MC decided to give the X-star the extra sound and skimped on all the other boats? Seems to me like if you got a X-45 without the tower speakers, the sounds would be pretty weak towards the back of the boat... Kind of a bummer!

Pretty sure the 6 speaker set up is optional. My X-45 has 6 speakers in the interior...

TallRedRider
11-05-2010, 05:10 PM
I agree 100%. So I did it myself. The sound is pretty full with just 2 speakers, but it just sounds a bit stronger with 4 in the cockpit.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff206/talltigeguy/X-45%20pics/IMG_7954.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff206/talltigeguy/X-45%20pics/IMG_7955.jpg

TallRedRider
11-05-2010, 05:10 PM
Pretty sure the 6 speaker set up is optional. My X-45 has 6 speakers in the interior...

Scott, where are your speakers located? And are you the original owner? I have not seen any stock 45's with 6 interior speakers.

x-swagger
11-05-2010, 06:22 PM
I'm with you TallRed, yours are the first pictures I've seen of more than 4..

Cobra Rob
11-05-2010, 07:24 PM
Scott, where are your speakers located? And are you the original owner? I have not seen any stock 45's with 6 interior speakers.

As far as I am aware of it is not an option. VERY common to add those though especially in the 45. Mine will be going in this winter back there as well. They make a BIG difference.

rgardjr1
11-06-2010, 01:18 AM
I think Sodar or SKeeler put some 6.5" coax's in the same location in an X-2. Been thinking about adding some to my boat this winter since the tower upgrade was completed last winter. Definitely not a factory option. Way to step up to the components TallRed!

skeeler
11-06-2010, 09:25 AM
I think Sodar or SKeeler put some 6.5" coax's in the same location in an X-2. Been thinking about adding some to my boat this winter since the tower upgrade was completed last winter. Definitely not a factory option. Way to step up to the components TallRed!
Yep, I did the same thing in both the X-2's I had. The only drawback if any, is that if you have anything on the floor (Fat sacs, coolers, bags, etc) you obviously have to move them so they don't block the sound since the speakers are so low.
When I got the X-Star, I decided the best option was, instead of adding more speakers, I just added a crap load of power, making them louder with less speakers. Just a thought....

scott023
11-06-2010, 10:10 AM

Red, our speakers are in the the same config as you originally posted (two in the bow, two in the port cup holder area, one by the driver and one in the starboard cup holder). We bought ours with 34 hours on it, was the local dealership owners boat. Perhaps he had some strings pulled to get the extra speakers.

TallRedRider
11-06-2010, 11:00 AM
Yep, I did the same thing in both the X-2's I had. The only drawback if any, is that if you have anything on the floor (Fat sacs, coolers, bags, etc) you obviously have to move them so they don't block the sound since the speakers are so low.
When I got the X-Star, I decided the best option was, instead of adding more speakers, I just added a crap load of power, making them louder with less speakers. Just a thought....

Skeeler, I think it was your thread that I first saw that inspired me to put the extra speakers in. I also added a little extra power to them.

Red, our speakers are in the the same config as you originally posted (two in the bow, two in the port cup holder area, one by the driver and one in the starboard cup holder). We bought ours with 34 hours on it, was the local dealership owners boat. Perhaps he had some strings pulled to get the extra speakers.

They were pretty easy to add, I bet they were added at the dealership, not the factory. I got the speakers off Ebay, and put them in myself. Drilling holes in your fiberglass always has a certain rush to it.

x-swagger
11-08-2010, 10:24 AM
Skeeler,

You must have noticed the difference in the X-Star as well, right? The two extra speakers in the back of the cup holder areas are a must..

I just wish that configuration was standard on all the MC boats, surely they have room in the larger boats like the 45's. :(

aaron.
11-08-2010, 10:48 AM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4019/5158521806_d3e65fee01_b.jpg

Improvise? ;)