PDA

View Full Version : Euro Cars and MC Owners

MyCabinFever
11-05-2010, 10:20 AM
Well, in the "wake" of a thread for American classic cars and then Motorcycles, I thought I would complete the trifecta and start a thread for our Euro cars. Post pictures of your own or your favorite Euro car. Attached is my 1971 Triumph TR6. I have owned it since my college days and managed to hold on to it over the years. It has not been restored, yet, and is a driver. It looks good in pics and driving down the road, but has some noticable work when you get up close so stay back:)

rjracin240
11-05-2010, 12:42 PM
Well, in the "wake" of a thread for American classic cars and then Motorcycles, I thought I would complete the trifecta and start a thread for our Euro cars. Post pictures of your own or your favorite Euro car. Attached is my 1971 Triumph TR6. I have owned it since my college days and managed to hold on to it over the years. It has not been restored, yet, and is a driver. It looks good in pics and driving down the road, but has some noticable work when you get up close so stay back:)

Great looking TR6, looks like I need to start a thread for my Japanese "Classic/Old School" cars

Did not have any pic's of the 240 earlier when posting but it can be seen on this link.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/rjracin240

ctjahn
11-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Dig the TR6 and 510 (?)

MyCabinFever
11-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Looks like some racing going on? I have not taken my TR6 to the track, but the twisties in KY sure are fun. We have a Euro Car Club in my area and I will post pics here and there. Some pretty cool cars, but mostly just gearheads talking about cars and driving too fast on the backroads.

rjracin240
11-05-2010, 08:29 PM
Looks like some racing going on? I have not taken my TR6 to the track, but the twisties in KY sure are fun. We have a Euro Car Club in my area and I will post pics here and there. Some pretty cool cars, but mostly just gearheads talking about cars and driving too fast on the backroads.
Wish we had some roads around here with some twisties on them for some fun driving!

Eagle
11-05-2010, 09:09 PM
Very nice TR6.

MyCabinFever
11-05-2010, 10:08 PM
Very nice TR6.
Thanks, my older brother created the love for the lines of the TR6 for me. He has a 1969 TR6 and is in the process of getting back on the road for his daughters wedding. I might have to offer him mine.:) Attached is a pic of an Austin Healey that my buddy ownes. He also has an MGA and a Jag Coupe. He keeps the Euro Club alive in our area with by taking care of the website. Check it out.
http://bgeuroclassics.webs.com/

trguy
11-05-2010, 11:36 PM
Nice looking TR6 and my favorite to drive of all the TRs. I was bitten by the 'bug' a long time ago, and enjoy these 2 which share the garage space with my Tristar. The red is a '76 TR6 and the blue is a '64 TR4.

Eagle
11-06-2010, 03:31 AM
Neither of those TR6's, trguy or MyCabinFever's, have Tiger Paws. I love the look of Tiger Paws on a TR6.

The BG Euro Classics site is fantastic. Scott Willis sure has some nice cars.

MyCabinFever
11-06-2010, 09:15 AM
Nice looking TR6 and my favorite to drive of all the TRs. I was bitten by the 'bug' a long time ago, and enjoy these 2 which share the garage space with my Tristar. The red is a '76 TR6 and the blue is a '64 TR4.
You are living my dream! The other Triumph I would love to have is the TR4A. Your collection looks awesome. I have recently moved into a different house with much more garage space than before, so lifts have been on my mind. Any advise on lifts?

MyCabinFever
11-06-2010, 09:24 AM
Neither of those TR6's, trguy or MyCabinFever's, have Tiger Paws. I love the look of Tiger Paws on a TR6.

The BG Euro Classics site is fantastic. Scott Willis sure has some nice cars.
You are correct, no Tiger Paws. Right now, if you would believe it, my car has MasterCraft tires:rolleyes:. Somday, when the kids are grown and money is no option, I will start my frame off restoration and the upgrades will start. Scott has some great looking cars. He is one that loves driving fast on the twisties and his Austin Healey will hug the road. There is a collector in our group that has upwards of 8-9 cars. His most prized is an MG Police Car of which there are only two remaining in entire world. It is definately a show stopper.

MyCabinFever
11-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Thought I would throw out another pic from our small club here in KY. This is a great looking car! He does not drive it on twisties, but it sure is a looker on the road.

ahhudgins
11-10-2010, 06:48 PM
Figured I'd pass this on to you guys who are into the MGs. There has been a MG for sale in my area for almost a year now. It has been sitting in a mechanic's parking lot with a for sale sign in the window but there is no information on the sign. I noticed the car becuase my sister had one in the late 70s and it was a blast to drive. If anyone wants, I can find out who is selling it and pass on the information. Sorry for the bad lighting, just got a quick picture on the way home.

trguy
11-10-2010, 07:34 PM
You are living my dream! The other Triumph I would love to have is the TR4A. Your collection looks awesome. I have recently moved into a different house with much more garage space than before, so lifts have been on my mind. Any advise on lifts?

Thank you. I fell into this Backyard Buddy from a friend of mine who sold his house and no longer needed it - and for about half the price of a new one. My son and I were able to disassemble it and reassemble it in less than 5 hours. I believe it weighs in the neighborhood of 1200 pounds. After using it for nearly a year now, I really like it and no longer have to use jack stands to change oil and so forth. The good thing about small British sports cars is they are not very tall. I have a TR8 that's not even 4 feet high. With only 92 inches of headroom in this garage, I'm still able to use the lift for the storage of 2 cars with several inches to spare.

I recently helped assemble another storage lift that Costco sells and I have to say the quality is pretty good for the price - perhaps not as heavily built, but functions the same. There are lots of competitors out there now.