PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Filter MCX

Streak
11-05-2010, 12:01 AM
Does the fuel injected MCX have a fuel filter and if so where
Thanks

sand2snow22
11-05-2010, 12:24 AM
Yes, bottom of the fuel pump. In the tank.

bturner2
11-05-2010, 08:12 AM
You change them about every three years when the fuel pump goes bad.

macattack
11-05-2010, 10:01 AM
Yes, your fuel filter is on the bottom of the fuel module which sits in your gas tank. MC recommends replacing the fuel filter annually to help prevent the fuel pump from overheating/failing. You will need to order the fuel filter from a MC dealer; also order the rubber gasket that sits btwn the top of the fuel module and gas tank. There are a lot of threads on how to replace fuel modules, pumps, filters, etc; check them out. The best fuel pump preventive mx is to change out the fuel filter annually and do not run your gas tank below a qtr of a tank...hope this helps, mac

Annually (Every One Hundred [100] Hours Note: MasterCraft recommends
that the following be performed by authorized MasterCraft technicians at
an authorized MasterCraft dealer.
Before the engine has been started or after it has cooled:
• Replace the fuel filter (to be performed by an authorized Master-
Craft technician only).
• Check the propeller shaft coupler alignment.
• Lubricate the steering system.
• Lubricate the throttle and shift cables.
• Check the engine mounts.
• Inspect the complete fuel system for leakage.
• Check the fire extinguisher and suppression units on-board.

kingwoodlee
11-05-2010, 11:10 AM
What an engineering marvel. Since you change the fuel pump every two to three years, you can convienently change the filter at the same time!

Thrall
11-05-2010, 01:14 PM
What an engineering marvel. Since you change the fuel pump every two to three years, you can convienently change the filter at the same time!

Haha, yeah. I got a new filter and I have a replacement pump for when it dies in the middle of the lake. Was going to put a new filter on in the spring since I'm around 100hrs now, but if I pull it apart I'm replacing the pump too....More than likely I'll just keep both in the boat and do them together when it dies or hits 300hrs, whichever comes first.

bturner2
11-05-2010, 01:26 PM
Haha, yeah. I got a new filter and I have a replacement pump for when it dies in the middle of the lake. Was going to put a new filter on in the spring since I'm around 100hrs now, but if I pull it apart I'm replacing the pump too....More than likely I'll just keep both in the boat and do them together when it dies or hits 300hrs, whichever comes first.

Exact same thing I'm doing.

rgardjr1
11-05-2010, 02:34 PM

Too funny. I've got the NAPA pump waiting at the lake just in case we have issues. If you hang out around here the fuel pump paranoia eventually gets to you.

sand2snow22
11-05-2010, 02:49 PM
On a positive note, I still have the original fuel pump on one of my 05 X2's. Pushing 300 hours. I only ran it low once to make a 9 hour haul, where the engine died, it wasn't out of gas, started back up. Since then I try to keep gas in it and change the fuel filter. Still runs strong. Knock on wood.

hutchej
01-26-2011, 03:40 PM
Anyone have instructions on replacing the fuel pump and/or the filter? Also if this service is performed at the dealer, what would the ballpark cost be?

Oh and I'm asking about a 2003 X-9.

CantRepeat
01-26-2011, 04:10 PM
Too funny. I've got the NAPA pump waiting at the lake just in case we have issues. If you hang out around here the fuel pump paranoia eventually gets to you.

What's the part number?

rgardjr1
01-26-2011, 06:00 PM
What's the part number?

Off the Invoice it was P74118 $102.11

The disconnect tool for the fuel line is either 776-9082 or 776-9081

I couldn't find the receipt showing which one I took back.