PDA

View Full Version : Lake Gilmore in Wisconsin

Turnandburn
11-04-2010, 02:48 PM
I have rented a house on Lake Gilmore in Wisconsin (near Hayward) for 2 weeks starting in late July. Just wondering if anyone is familiar with this lake and the evirons as we plan to ski and play hard in this area.

Plymouth Family Guy
11-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Is this Lake Gilmore that is West of Minong? If so, a friend of mine has a cabin in the Northwest bay. I have been on this lake many times. My Maristar 210 has been on it once.

The boat ramp is good. There is a tunnel under the road by the boat ramp to the Northwest bay but when the water is high, you may not be able to get a boat through it. However, this bay is too small ski or board in very well. Other than that, it is a great lake with plenty of places to ski, board, etc. I have never seen a slalom course on the lake.

There are a couple of golf courses close by and some cool little mom and pop type bar/restaurants.

If this is the lake you will be on for two weeks, I think you will have a great time.

Turnandburn
11-05-2010, 05:08 PM
Yes, this is the lake. I have a PS197 so I expect we'll have a great time next year. Only 260 days to go.