PDA

View Full Version : Removing Board Racks on '07 X2

ithaca91
11-03-2010, 03:26 PM
Tried to shoe-horn the '07 X2 into the garage yesterday and got hung up on the board racks. No matter how they are rotated, they catch (either the side of the garage or the top of the garage) even though the tower is collapsed.

Ran out of time yesterday before I could begin unscrewing hardware, but thought I'd query as to whether or not there's an easy way to take off the racks? Actually, I guess I only need to remove the arms as opposed to the racks as connected to the tower itself. I assume all of the hardware associated with the arms needs to come off.

Is there any danger I'm inadvertantly walking into by doing this? Or better yet, any tricks to easy get the racks off the tower?

Thanks for your advice.

stt
11-03-2010, 03:42 PM
I had the same problem as you. The last couple of years I removed the screws on either side of the post and the rack comes off. Easy and gives you a few more inches. That and letting some of the air out of the tires gets her in.

ithaca91
11-03-2010, 04:35 PM
I had the same problem as you. The last couple of years I removed the screws on either side of the post and the rack comes off. Easy and gives you a few more inches. That and letting some of the air out of the tires gets her in.
Thanks stt -

So as I look at the pic, your're referreing tot he top and bottom bracket -- looks like 14 screws in all (hex if I recall)? And thanks for the tip on the air in the tires. So simple, but probably would have taken me hours to figure out.

Appreciate the response.

Andy

Sodar
11-03-2010, 04:57 PM
I also remember someone made or found a knob for the racks that made removing the racks easy without tools. I can't find the thread, though.

The Podge
11-03-2010, 06:47 PM
I just remove one side of the rack's "fingers" that the board slides into. There is one hex bolt under the handle that locks the boards in. I rotate the racks a bit and it will get it low enough to go in my garage. It is very easy to do but it took me awhile to figure out the exact set up to get in my low garage. Hope this helps!

JulioX2
11-03-2010, 06:53 PM
As stated deflated the tires a little and also use the emergency release on your garage door to pull it back more. That's an issue I found when I put my boat away. Gave me a couple more inches in clearance. I'm guessing you're trying to squeeze into a 7 foot door?

ORX-1
11-03-2010, 08:46 PM
Ya I bought nobs for mine from Duramaxer I think his name was, he is up north. I will see if I can track down his info. Or you can search for the thread.

stt
11-03-2010, 09:10 PM
Actually just twelve in all. The middle one stays on the pole. Hex, correct.

rgardjr1
11-03-2010, 09:45 PM
Ya I bought nobs for mine from Duramaxer I think his name was, he is up north. I will see if I can track down his info. Or you can search for the thread.

I think this is the thread here:

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=27149

Kell
11-04-2010, 02:39 AM

x2. The nobs work great.

g-mantrix
11-04-2010, 05:32 AM
Hi guys, reading this and as Im to receive my 07 X2 next week(first MC), I have 8 foot height clearance on my garage door....will this get the X2 in with tower down withoout any probs?

ithaca91
11-04-2010, 08:54 AM
I think this is the thread here:

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=27149
Tremendous help. Thanks.

I'll try to take some pictures of our project to add to the "library".

Thanks again for all the advice.

Andy

jweischen
11-04-2010, 09:04 AM
g-mantrix

8ft is the way to go- no problems. My door was 7ft when I got my X2, and that was very tight- in that case people talk about deflating tires and removing board racks. I raised the header on my door and put in a new 8 ft door and all is well.

ORX-1
11-04-2010, 12:19 PM
Tremendous help. Thanks.

I'll try to take some pictures of our project to add to the "library".

Thanks again for all the advice.

Andy

Ya thats the link, top of page 5 you will see Duramaxer's post about ordering nobs. and I posted picture of mine on there somewhere towards the end. They look really nice and are easy to use.

Thrall
11-04-2010, 04:06 PM
X2 will fit fine thru an 8' tall door with the tower folded down onto the sundeck. I do have to rotate the racks backwards so they lay flat when the tower's down though. Won't clear by a couple inches if the racks aren't rotated. This makes the edges of the racks stick out a s far as the guide poles (approx), so getting through a 8'T x 9'W door would be a little bit of an excercise.

g-mantrix
11-04-2010, 05:03 PM
thanks guys, gr8 to see I wont have much issue with an 8' door :)...how long does it take to drop a tower? the tower on the X2 I will have has lishts, speakers and swivel board racks!

hbomb
11-04-2010, 07:38 PM
G Mantrix
6 knobs and it splits
2 person job as the tower with all ther bits weighs.... may pay to put a smooth board with some heavy foam at the place where pointy edge of racks will hit rear locker

congrats....
bought the one from perth with the wrap?? perhaps post some phots as the one on boatpoint was rubbish

g-mantrix
11-04-2010, 10:49 PM
thanks Hbomb, sounds easy enough..yeah the X2 in perth with the MC wrap, Im a bit nervous until I get it, but it all seems really well maintained, heres a pic

hbomb
11-04-2010, 11:03 PM
g matrix...
bet you are excited - looks great..... got all the goodies??
we are counting down the days..... got notification ours arrives from the US on or about the 18th of this month - clearing customs etc, we should have it by the 20th.....

g-mantrix
11-04-2010, 11:15 PM
goodluck with yours to, MasterCrafts are where its at man! :D

ORX-1
11-08-2010, 02:30 PM
G Mantrix
6 knobs and it splits
2 person job as the tower with all ther bits weighs.... may pay to put a smooth board with some heavy foam at the place where pointy edge of racks will hit rear locker

congrats....
bought the one from perth with the wrap?? perhaps post some phots as the one on boatpoint was rubbish

I have done it on my own every time, it's heavy but you can do it with one person no problem. But overall it is very easy to do!

duramaxer
02-02-2011, 07:17 PM
Sorry that I missed this thread.
The boat has been away for a while and keeping up here had fell off my radar.
I PM all of you that asked about the knobs as I do still have access to some.
I will keep checking back on a more regular basis.

If anyone else is having trouble with garage fitment let me know.

Cheers

milkmania
02-02-2011, 07:24 PM
Sorry that I missed this thread.
The boat has been away for a while and keeping up here had fell off my radar.
I PM all of you that asked about the knobs as I do still have access to some.
I will keep checking back on a more regular basis.

If anyone else is having trouble with garage fitment let me know.

Cheers

I think if you subscribe to a thread, it'll send you an email when something is posted to it.
it's got it's pros and cons..... ie: threadjackers will cause tons of emails:uglyhamme

duramaxer
02-07-2011, 05:23 PM
I didn't know that you could do that.
Thanks for the info.
Learning something new every day.

REDX2
02-07-2011, 08:50 PM
If you rotate the board racks both facing down and let the speakers fold all the way to the deck it should go in.
That gave me the room I needed