PDA

View Full Version : Boat in Storage - 2 Weeks Down - 22 to Go

Nvrgvup
11-02-2010, 12:41 PM
Put the boat away a couple weeks ago. The fall weather has been really nice however I really miss being out on the water.

Just want to thank everyone who has helped me, posted comments and suggestions. I have always been a motorhead and grew up on the water however have learned so much about this boat with everyones help and support. Working on an older V8 especially in a Stars and Stripes is just so darn American. Takes me back to my teenage days with my rusty Jeep with headers and glasspacks.

Finally got a chance to post a few pics of the rig. These were before I put it away, all washed it up with the refinished trailer along with a pic when I bought it earlier this year. It looked good and was well taken care of however with generous amounts of cleaning, polishing and waxing it really shines nice. The refinished trailer and new wheels really added to it more than I thought it would.

The family has really enjoyed it. I have always skied and my wife has started to get into wakeboarding, and my boys still like tubing. Hopefully my oldest will give the skis a try next year. In addition the boys have really enjoyed guy time working on it with me.

Thanks Again

Plave
11-02-2010, 12:53 PM
Looks like you have a real beaut there.

This is the most depressing time of year for me, my Prostar has been winterised for 10 days and I won't get to launch her again until March 4th. 124 days to go!

Clocks just went back and now it goes dark at 4pm here, I hate winter. :mad:

Stars & Stripes
11-02-2010, 03:58 PM
That is a beautiful boat. I sold my 83 earlier this summer that was the same exact color combination. I truly miss the old S&S but I sure am enjoying the new X45.

Nvrgvup
11-02-2010, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the comments. I had always loved the older MCs, it finally it worked out to get one.

Gotta love that X45. That is a NICE boat. The extra room has to convenient.

SunCoast 83
11-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Great boat. It is always sad to put her away for the winter

CantRepeat
11-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Awesome looking boat and great looking crew!